Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

just_me

Standard Donor
@the interview from the German guys:
Dennis Richtarski, eh? Another blast from the Giga past, since one of those hosted some Splattoon 2 tournament at the Nintendo booth, or something. They are still everywhere in German games media! anyway…

“I remember in DoA the girls don't have much clothing on, now they have much clothing on”
Honestly… Shimbori should have some slides ready for this stuff and be like “These are Helena's C1s from DoA2,3,4, and 5 and this is her C1 from DoA6, not much of a difference, no?”

I think they handled the questions pretty well this time… “We don't have breast jiggle yet, because it doesn't look good enough” lol

In other news, since I dragged my lazy ass to Cologne, some things I noticed and that are at least somewhat relevant to this thread:
  • the guys still don't have belly buttons
  • it's already obvious from the screenshots, but yes. All the girls sweat as well. There is literally sweat dripping down their chin during the Win Poses
  • DoA Colosseum has the same lighting/shadows as the EVO build… I think
  • The ropes in DoA Colosseum have a texture (that's not just plain white)
  • The dynamic lighting in Throwdown looks pretty nice imo. You still get stuff from the car and within a certain range from the barrels etc.
  • The booth was pretty hard to find lol
  • They actually have a playable PS4 (Pro?) build and it looked pretty decent to me (though the new Stage stage still has some issues and the loading times are pretty damn long atm)
  • The games asks you if you want to turn off the blood, when you start a session (the options menu was turned off, so they just had this prompt right at the beginning) and that turns off the (pretty mild anyway) FR/BB blood effect… and I'm not sure about the face punches, to be honest.
I also played a bit of SCVI and I thought that looks outright bad in comparison (visually). There were more people, but they had more stations, so the effective time to wait was the same. The guy I played with already had enough after 2 matches, which kinda sucked since that means I had to leave as well and didn't feel like getting in line again.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Crext, only DOA3 Hitomi is still DOA2 Hitomi. XD
Wait, I'll search for a good DOA 3 pic...

Edit:
There are hardly any good quality DOA3 pics to be found:

doa3-8.jpg

And one unfortunately very small image...

dead-or-alive-3-hitomi-screenshot.jpg

Crext

Standard Donor
@Crext, only DOA3 Hitomi is still DOA2 Hitomi. XD
Wait, I'll search for a good DOA 3 pic...

Please do. I never had an xbox, so I'm basically shooting in the dark, and people just name it DoA3 for some reason while using pictures from U2.

Juihau

If they manage to trick me with even more U2s then it's your duty to correct me!
Hey, I mean, look on the bright side. If nothing else, this serves as a pretty solid testament to just how good 2U looked.

They did actually trick you again, though. Here.
2c4b5f4d0c.png

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Here's the Gamescom video interview separated from the complete IGN stream:

As I predicted, look how smoothely and without noticable clipping Hitomi's hair now falls over her shoulders. The additional polygons/hair links help the physics look much better. :)

@the interview from the German guys:
Dennis Richtarski, eh? Another blast from the Giga past, since one of those hosted some Splattoon 2 tournament at the Nintendo booth, or something. They are still everywhere in German games media! anyway…

“I remember in DoA the girls don't have much clothing on, now they have much clothing on”
Honestly… Shimbori should have some slides ready for this stuff and be like “These are Helena's C1s from DoA2,3,4, and 5 and this is her C1 from DoA6, not much of a difference, no?”

I think they managed this stuff as well, as one could manage those types of questions… “We don't have breast jiggle yet, because it doesn't look good enough” lol

In other news, since I dragged my lazy ass to Cologne, some stuff I noticed and that is at least somewhat relevant to this thread:
  • the guys still don't have belly buttons
  • it's already obvious from the screenshots, but yes. All the girls sweat as well. There is literally sweat dripping down their chin during the Win poses
  • DoA Colosseum has the same lighting/shadows as the EVO build… I think
  • The ropes in DoA Colosseum have a texture (that's not just plain white)
  • The dynamic lighting in Throwdown looks pretty nice imo. You still get stuff from the car and within a certain range from the barrels etc.
  • The booth was pretty hard to find lol
  • They actually have a playable PS4 (Pro?) build and it looked pretty decent to me (though the new Stage stage still has some issues and the loading times are pretty damn long atm)
  • They ask you if you want to turn off the blood, when you start a session (the options menu was turned off, so they just had this prompt right at the beginning) and that turns off the (pretty mild anyway) FR/BB blood effect… and I'm not sure about the face punches, to be honest.
I also played a bit of SCVI and I thought that looks outright bad in comparison (visually). There were more people, but they had more stations, so the effective time to wait was the same. The guy I played with already had enough after 2 matches, which kinda sucked since that means I had to leave as well and didn't feel like getting in line again.

Great info, thanks! :D

I doubt the guys will get navels at all. Hardly anyone is complaining or even noticing. I guess they will notice and complain once the game is out though, but then it's too late, lol.

Oh? A PS4 version? I am positively surprised. Were you not sure if it was a regular PS4 or Pro? Did the controller have a light bar on the touchpad? Then it was a Pro.

Last edited:

Crext

Standard Donor
And hopefully the final version.

An honest attempt at giving representative images of each character in each installment for comparison in regards to redesigns done before:

DoA Hitomi History.jpg
Doa Leifang History.jpg
DoA Helena History.jpg
DoA Kasumi History.jpg

just_me

Standard Donor
Oh? A PS4 version? I am positively surprised. Were you not sure if it was a regular PS4 or Pro? Did the controller have a light bar on the touchpad? Then it was a Pro.

Oh right, they had a light bar… guess the machines are Pros then. At first I assumed it's just the PC version with PS4 controllers plugged in (can't see the actual machines at all), but since the loading took so much longer I thought the game crashed and I just pressed the PS button out of habit and was surprised that I ended up in the PS4 dashboard XD

Anyway I'm pretty sure I will see Master again tomorrow and I'll tell him to tell Shimbori about the belly buttons XD Doubt I'll see Shimbori, but if I get lucky I will tell him as well XD We must fight this despicable dehumanization of the male DoA6 characters!!!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Anyway I'm pretty sure I will see Master again tomorrow and I'll tell him to tell Shimbori about the belly buttons XD Doubt I'll see Shimbori, but if I get lucky I will tell him as well XD We must fight this despicable dehumanization of the male DoA6 characters!!!

Trag ruhig etwas dicker auf, lol. Sag ihnen, es formiert sich sich massiver Widerstand und die Minuten bis zu einer Bauchnabel-Petition sind gezählt. Sie wollen sicher nicht noch eine Petition an der Backe haben... ;)

But damn, I never really realized how good 2U looked until now.

The guys and gals working on it sure earned every penny they got.

DOA2U looked amazing, it was so polished. It used the anime aesthetic way better than DOA4. While DOA4 was of course technically advanced, DOA2U imo looked still better overall. And the content in that game. Biggest selection of costumes and stages until then.

I can't believe I lost my copy.

giphy.gif

I never lost any game before and since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD