DOA5U "Lisa, it's your birthday!" DOA5U Lisa General Discussion Thread

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Really ? I thought SS:P+K: was exactly 20 Frames... I mean the game does say the Side Step Follow Up Interval starts a 13 Frames and it takes 7 Frames for Lisa to turn around.

Ofcourse that page never gives you the exact recovery of certain moves..... they just tell you when the window opens and closes.
Idunno I just know thats how much advantage it takes away ignore me lol

Lulu

Idunno I just know thats how much advantage it takes away ignore me lol

LoL.... I was testing it just now and yeah I also 26..... the good news is Side Steps are universal..... testing Sarah's Step and Slide is much much harder.... the dis advantage goes all the way up to -46.....

I know thats how long it would take to block but if I decide to attack from that stance will the attack cancel the the last part if the stance ?

LoL its so cunfusing testing Temporary Stances..... her Flamingo is simple because thats "Toggle Stance"..... much like Lisa's BT.

Lulu

LoL.... did you know you can use a charge move.... like a power blow...... to test how many frames it would take to punish something in between a certain gap ?

The start up frames on the power blow will stop counting upward if it gets counter hit while its charging. Upward.... I used that to determine the range of attacks that can beat the fastest move from the step Stance..... which is an i15 mid punch...... which ironically is easily between by all attacks faster than i27.

You see what I mean..... its just so difficulf to test.... but sometimes its fun.

Lulu

@Gruff757
BTW I never thanked you for teaching me that technique you used to measure how long the Side Steps are..... I've been using it to test all kinds of things and its been very Helpfull. ;)

You're the best !!! :oops:

Lulu

So how do you Throw more offen with Lisa ?

I've been trying to do it with Tina and its just so damm hard...... so I'm hoping I can borrow some Lisa Throw Tech and recycle it for Tina.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
I made a post for throw traps with lisa a while back, forget where I posted it though

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Throw Traps

:4::4::H+P: / :6::H+P: (i6)

NH
:K: (+6)
:4::P: (+8)

CH

:4::H+P: (i8)

NH
:P::K: (+9) [The Distance seems pretty wonky at times]
CH
:2::K: (+10)

:2::1::4::H+P: / :4::1::2::3::6::H+P: / :6::4::H+P: (i11)

NH
:6::6::P: (+11)
CAR :P: (+13)
:4::4::H+P: (+11) (update)

CH
Haven't found any

To be updated if I find anymore

Tones

Premium Donor
My 2 methods.

1. Encourage them to counter. Use the same shit over and over throw them when they counter. I always work for CB so either way it's massive damage.

2. Throw as rhythm is disrupted. E.g Intercept with a jab then throw. Throw when they are or get put into medium distance (about the distance the full reach of 1p) and are at neutral.

Baiting whiffs and punishing with throws should be noted but it's hard to do when people know their character well.

Lulu

Hello Luchadors !!!

I need Help Regarding Lisa's Running Attacks, So I know none of them have tracking properties. But when I tried to Side Step her Running :F: I get caught by it and receive a Counter Hold penalty as result.

I'm assuming I need to Freestep that Grab but Freestepping can sometimes be hit or miss versus her Striking moves.

Is it possible to Freestep then Side Step at the last moment to beat all her Options ?

Lulu

So I've been thinking.
Has anybody explored getting as much damage as possible out of Midweights without ever using the Air Throw ?

Seems like an Avenue worth exploring. Particularly because sometimes you might want a wall splat instead of ground damage.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD