DOA5U "Lisa, it's your birthday!" DOA5U Lisa General Discussion Thread

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Does :9::K: by itself have a name ? I love this move so much and I think it should totally get its own name: my top two candidates are "Around The World" and "Rainbow Crush/Stomp"

Also I consider Lisa's BT to be its own special stance kind of like Marie "Totally 18 " Rose's Rondo , Helena's Bokuho and Christie's Jakeiho...... but it doesn't have its own unique name.... Anybody got any ideas ?

It's called Back-Turned stance. Just like Ayane's. Lisa's 9K is a pretty cool move despite being a little on the slow side. It's range, low-crush capability and hit properties are awesome.

Lulu

It's called Back-Turned stance. Just like Ayane's. Lisa's 9K is a pretty cool move despite being a little on the slow side. It's range, low-crush capability and hit properties are awesome.

LoL.... I was hoping for something more exotic. And yep that kick, slow as it maybe, is all kinds of awesome.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
LoL.... I was hoping for something more exotic. And yep that kick, slow as it maybe, is all kinds of awesome.

Sorry lol.

Ayane technically uses her BT'ed stance more often and it doesn't get a special name =P. Lisa still has "Carrera" stance, which is pretty much the same as her generic running.

Lulu

Sorry lol.

Ayane technically uses her BT'ed stance more often and it doesn't get a special name =P. Lisa still has "Carrera" stance, which is pretty much the same as her generic running.

Did you know she gains alil advantage when she cancels into Carrera......its subtle but thats what makes her runs special.

Her BT is similar..... thats why I was hoping for a special name for it.... Whats "Back Turn" in Spanish ? :oops:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Lisa's Carrera free cancels are designed to reduce move recovery usually leading to advantage in some situations (not always). I didn't mean to imply that Lisa's runs are "not special" or anything, but more so that it's an interesting tidbit that her running options and Carrera options are pretty much the same. Safe to say that Lisa has easily the most versatile "running" stance in DOA5LR.

Lulu

Lisa's Carrera free cancels are designed to reduce move recovery usually leading to advantage in some situations (not always). I didn't mean to imply that Lisa's runs are "not special" or anything, but more so that it's an interesting tidbit that her running options and Carrera options are pretty much the same. Safe to say that Lisa has easily the most versatile "running" stance in DOA5LR.

I know you would never say anything bad about Lisa. ;)

Call it "Espalda Divina" :cool:
The Divine...... ? I'm sorryvi don't know what "Espalda" means.

Lulu

Yes, with all the characters then! Care to create it ?

Nah I can't.... I'm still learning Lisa, I will be working on her Carrera and BT cancel moves....
You can do the honors though.... how does "The Thread of Of Neglected Moves" sound ?

Lulu

I found a few more moves without names.... they're actually more partial strings and I think they are much more valuabe then the completed versions.
:P::P::4:
:P::P::P::4:
:6::P::4::P:
BT:P+K::h:

Somebody's gotta name these babies. :oops:

Edit:
Well this is embarrasing.... it looks like :P::P::P::4: already has a name, to be more specific, the last :P: is actually the exact same move as the Running :P: and that one already has a name: The Rolling Chop. So I guess that would make :P::P::P::4: The Rolling Chop Combo :) so we might as well just call this one :P::P::4: The One Two Chop.

Allright people... two down and three to go !!!

Last edited:

Lulu

So out of Curiosity I I looked up what what Vuelta (SS:P+K:) means and it turns out it means "Turn" or "Around"..... so why not just call every single one of La Mariposa's BT Cancels, "Vuelta" Canclels ?
For example Running :P: :4: can be "Carrera Rolling Chop Vuelta"

I just wanted to consult with you guys before I re-edit my thread.

Actually now that I think about it, La Mariposa's Carrera and Vuelta aren't necessarily referring to The Running or Back Turned states themselves but are actually only the Process of Cancelling the Recovery certain attacks into those states. Basically they are Cancels... not Stances. The Stance is the result of the Cancel.

ailingeternity

So out of Curiosity I I looked up what what Vuelta (SS:P+K:) means and it turns out it means "Turn" or "Around"..... so why not just call every single one of La Mariposa's BT Cancels, "Vuelta" Canclels ?.
Just remember we still wanna make these forums understandable to players picking up Lisa on a universal level, try not to get too crazy with naming every maneuver she has especially when other characters can perform similar techniques, people have trouble even understanding Carrera at times.
I've seen that one.... the 7K and 5T trips me up some times.
It's all practice my friend and also essential for high level play, it really helps to maximise her damage capabilities, a bit of a bitch to nail online though.

Lulu

Just remember we still wanna make these forums understandable to players picking up Lisa on a universal level, try not to get too crazy with naming every maneuver she has especially when other characters can perform similar techniques, people have trouble even understanding Carrera at times.

It's all practice my friend and also essential for high level play, it really helps to maximise her damage capabilities, a bit of a bitch to nail online though.
My bad.... got carried away.... good thing you you told me early.

ailingeternity

My bad.... got carried away.... good thing you you told me early.
I admire your passion for Lisa, so you've done nothing wrong from my perspective.

Back on topic, has anybody been seeing success with :1::K::K: recently, I'm abusing it a lot at the moment since most players have no idea how to react to the crumple stun or know how to punish it. It makes an amazing hold baiting move because of the duration of the stun, but it's also great to set up for some neat oki trickery or allow you to gain some distance in a pinch, I just wish she could follow-up with something other than :1::K::K::P: as low holding can completely destroy any setups you have after using :1::K:.

Lulu

Back on topic, has anybody been seeing success with :1::K::K: recently, I'm abusing it a lot at the moment since most players have no idea how to react to the crumple stun or know how to punish it. It makes an amazing hold baiting move because of the duration of the stun, but it's also great to set up for some neat oki trickery or allow you to gain some distance in a pinch, I just wish she could follow-up with something other than :1::K::K::P: as low holding can completely destroy any setups you have after using :1::K:.

Yeah I haven't been able to use that move..... actually do you get the feeling like its part of a stance that was never completed ? I see alil bit of Christie Monteiro in that Handstand.....

Tones

Premium Donor
1k2k 1kk is a nice 50/50 to get some chip damage. Some can react to the (1k)2k/k so you can just leave it at the 1k instead (threatening the follow up, using a follow up if they catch on) if you find yourself having to use it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD