DOA5U "Lisa, it's your birthday!" DOA5U Lisa General Discussion Thread

Cylith

Patch notes came out.
So a nerf/buff to a grab, a sorta fix, and a nerf. Nothing exciting about it. I personally want her speed and decent lows back. People use :1::+::K::K::P:?
  • Back 6T: Damage reduced from 65 to 60. Back 6T on rear-facing opponent: Damage increased from 65 to 70.
  • 6P4P, 1KKP: Less likely to be off-axis.
  • 66PK: Counter Hit and above advantage changed from +28 to +23F.

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Looks like this is what we're working with per http://shoryuken.com/2014/01/14/dea...tion-tests-begins-today-change-list-released/
  • Back 6T: Damage reduced from 65 to 60. Back 6T on rear-facing opponent: Damage increased from 65 to 70.
  • 6P4P, 1KKP: Less likely to be off-axis.
  • 66PK: Counter Hit and above advantage changed from +28 to +23F.
Edit: Dammit, Cylith beat me to it!

@Cylith I don't think I have EVER seen anyone actually use 1KKP intentionally.

Batcommander

meh, nothing really to write home about. Guess they fixed the bug issue where 6P4P would completely whiff on blocking opponents.

ailingeternity

Crap changes.

Back :6::h::+::P: change is negligible. I've never had any troubles with the axis of :6::P::4::P: or :1::K::K::P:, :236::P: on the other hand. :6::6::P::K: changes, I just hope it doesn't compromise the 50/50 with :6::6::P::P:.

@Cylith I would implore anybody not to use :1::K::K::P: at all, even if you land :1::K::K: on CH the opponent can still hold low immediately after :1::K::K: and counter any of it's follow-ups with a crush or a side step straight after since you gain so much advantage just from low holding. You can however throw punish the hold but it's still too much risk for what it's worth and requires a bit of reaction to able to do so, it's throwing out too much risk and not enough reward imo. :1::K::K: is fine on it's own as a meager 50/50 with :1::K::2::K: feel free to use :1::K::K::P: as you wish but just be weary of that.

Batcommander

Crap changes.

:4::h::+::P: changes are negligible since we still have :4::4::h::+::P: which is more damaging. I've never had any troubles with the axis of :6::P::4::P: or :1::K::K::P:, :236::P: on the other hand. :6::6::P::K: changes, I just hope it doesn't compromise the 50/50 with :6::6::P::P:.

@Cylith I would implore anybody not to use :1::K::K::P: at all, even if you land :1::K::K: on CH the opponent can still hold low immediately after :1::K::K: and counter any of it's follow-ups with a crush or a side step straight after since you gain so much advantage just from low holding. You can however throw punish the hold but it's still too much risk for what it's worth and requires a bit of reaction to able to do so, so you're throwing too too much risk and not enough reward imo. :1::K::K: is fine on it's own as a meager 50/50 with :1::K::2::K: feel free to use :1::K::K::P: as you wish but just be weary of that.
i think the nerfs are to the BT OH actually, they nerfed the damage on it, but buffed the damage if you land it on a backturned opponent.

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Kokoro fans are losing their shit over the patch. We definitely don't have it bad.

Batcommander

dont know if this was present in vanilla, but anyone have trouble with 3k whiffing on crouching attacks? I've had it completely whiff on Ein sweeps, ayane sweeps, and christie lows. There may be more, havent tested yet.

just found out that 4141 back dash does work for lisa, but how do I incorporate the backdash cancel into my game? when is this useful for lisa players?

Cylith

Not sure if this is known, but I was in the lab and I came across a set-up that SEEMS to be a pseudo force tech. I was doing a BnB for :6::6:::+::P::P: if back crumple:236::K::4:BT:4::P::4::+::P::K::6::+::K::4::+::H+K:=101NH 128CH on light to mid weight. When I decided to see if I can utilize the crumple for a FT. Well I did :P+K: and it hit and left me at +16. Then I set all recoveries to fastest and the computer is frame perfect of course, so a friend is getting on to test if there is possibilities to this.

Last edited:

Cylith

Not sure if this is known, but I was in the lab and I came across a set-up that SEEMS to be a pseudo force tech. I was doing a BnB for :6::6:::+::P::P: if back crumple:236::K::4:BT:4::P::4::+::P::K::6::+::K::4::+::H+K:=101NH 128CH on light to mid weight. When I decided to see if I can utilize the crumple for a FT. Well I did :P+K: and it hit and left me at +16. Then I set all recoveries to fastest and the computer is frame perfect of course, so a friend is getting on to test if there is possibilities to this.

It can be recovered out of sadly. Though it caught another friend unaware and I could get a :6::6::T: which is 16f, which caught him trying to move,or a :7::K: which is also 16f for when he crouched. He didn't recover a few times and that is where the mind games ensued on if I was going to do a grab or a kick. So all in all, this is just something to have in the pocket.

Batcommander

i dont even think there are any force techs left for lisa. just pseudo ones if the opponent doesnt get up. But nice find Cylith.

About the upcoming patch change to 66PK/BT 2K:

i think the reason they nerfed the frame advantage on it is, because after a counter hit, BT 7K gets you full launch height.

Which is moot anyways since it is so easily escapable, but you know how TN is :rolleyes: Now the opponent can simply block the mixup without having to SE it in the new patch.

Batcommander

played around with 1.04 Lisa tonite. Not really much difference, except that BT :2::K: is still +28 if used during critical stun. edit: whoops, didnt know that the change was only for :6::6::P::K:. /shrug

Also, not sure if this was present in previous versions, but BT :4::K: will glitch out and be -17 instead of -8 on block at max distance sometimes. Something with the hitbox whiffing, really sucks.

Last edited:

Batcommander

I know i personally denounced :1::K: in 5U, but after spending a little time with it in the lab i've realized that the move really is a legit 50/50 between :1::K::2::K: and :1::K::5::2::F+P:.

Even tho it is negative on normal hit, that is only if you free cancel it; the follow up sweep cannot be crushed by an attack or low OH, only blocked/held. Which of course is the perfect setup for a low throw or low OH by Lisa.

On block, the move has so much block stun you cant crush the followup sweep either.

In other words, this move is still decent (but risky) and i should probably use it more lol.

Cylith

I know i personally denounced :1::K: in 5U, but after spending a little time with it in the lab i've realized that the move really is a legit 50/50 between :1::K::2::K: and :1::K::5::2::F+P:.

Even tho it is negative on normal hit, that is only if you free cancel it; the follow up sweep cannot be crushed by an attack or low OH, only blocked/held. Which of course is the perfect setup for a low throw or low OH by Lisa.

On block, the move has so much block stun you cant crush the followup sweep either.

In other words, this move is still decent (but risky) and i should probably use it more lol.
I've been using it more as well. Mainly just to see if people would get hit, regardless of mix-up. Lo and behold, they do. Even my training partners. The 50/50 did come into play a little, but honestly the best part was hitting :K: instead and then going for the cartwheel after and landing the :P:;) My friends were left dumbfounded and it was a good batch of fun.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD