DOA5U "Lisa, it's your birthday!" DOA5U Lisa General Discussion Thread

Batcommander

You guys ever found a decent use for BT :7::K:? I only use it if I am attacking their backside. Too risky to do when they are facing you and extremely retarded to do and block.

Currently I have this: (to foe's back) :1::P::P: BT :7::K: and :6::P::K::4: BT :7::K:

:6::P::K::4: BT :7::K: - this one for me only worked once on Pai but it whiffed every other time I tried it so i really wouldn't recommend it.
I use it at long range as a standalone move sometimes, but only when im feeling risky.

Or, in this combo:
:7::K::6_::P::4:, :7::K:

That's about it. I find the transitions into BT dont give you enough stun to make it a good mixup with BT :4::P:, not to mention the launch height sucks in stun game(still dont know how the launch height works on that move).

ailingeternity

You guys ever found a decent use for BT :7::K:? I only use it if I am attacking their backside. Too risky to do when they are facing you and extremely retarded to do and block.

Currently I have this: (to foe's back) :1::P::P: BT :7::K: and :6::P::K::4: BT :7::K:

:6::P::K::4: BT :7::K: - this one for me only worked once on Pai but it whiffed every other time I tried it so i really wouldn't recommend it.

BT :7::K: should only ever be used as a launcher, it's great to use after many of her BT transitions.

I use it mostly after landing :7::K::6: CAR :P::4:.

Alright, after playing some matches i've changed my stance on :6::F+P:. I don't think its redundant anymore.

While :4::4::F+P: is technically the best punishing move, that :4::4: notation makes it rather hard to land it consistently, in my experience. Was trying all weekend to see how well i could pull it off at small amounts of disadvantage, and it was quite difficult to have high accuracy. I remember Sarah having a similar issue in VF5 with her 44P jab which was one frame faster than her regular one but the notation made it so you basically have to start buffering while you're blocking.

:6::F+P: is just a lot more reliable, at least for me.
Yeah you have to be able to react quicker with moves under the -10 margin, anything over that is relatively easy to punish.

ailingeternity

Unfortunately body splash in any circumstance has reliability issues, it has a terrible hitbox and many crushes can go under it when :9::K: is used as a forced tech. Most of the time you'll find yourself on a negative while using the feint as a jumpover so I refrain from using it despite the fact you can avoid the wakeup kick.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Breaking news! There's a shred of hope for BT 7K! I managed to hit a high launch after 4 hits.

I did it after testing for pressure possibilities after :P::K: and BT :P::P:

I did BT :P::P:, (Free Cancel):P::P::4:, BT :7::K: ~ juggle

there has to be more we can do

Last edited:

AkaShocka

I was only able to do BT 7K after one or two hits (mostly done after 66pk). This is a great idea Gruff. Maybe there is more we can do with it. Btw, how come it can't launch high after a CB? I would love this as a launcher.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
I was only able to do BT 7K after one or two hits (mostly done after 66pk). This is a great idea Gruff. Maybe there is more we can do with it. Btw, how come it can't launch high after a CB. I would love this as a launcher.
i dunno, its a weird launcher thats for sure

AkaShocka

i dunno, its a weird launcher thats for sure
I have found good uses for it though. Nothing guaranteed but unique. Like 44T 1pp BT 7k. This is probably my best thing I ever done with this move. I only wish the 1pp was guaranteed after 44T or at least a bit faster because if it was guaranteed it would honestly be a pain. So maybe it would be better if it was a little bit faster, especially against players with slow reactions.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
I have found good uses for it though. Nothing guaranteed but unique. Like 44T 1pp BT 7k. This is probably my best thing I ever done with this move. I only wish the 1pp was guaranteed after 44T or at least a bit faster because if it was guaranteed it would honestly be a pain. So maybe it would be better if it was a little bit faster, especially against players with slow reactions.

not guaranteed but you can damn sure condition it by throwing after 44T often

Gruff757

Standard Donor
alright so the thing about BT :7::K: is a threshold issue(dunno if its been explained before)

This how much Critical Damage it adds on each max threshold
10 on NH-TH(Max=28) Meaning 18 and under
12 on CH-TH(Max=35) Meaning 23 and under
15 on HCH-TH(Max=42) Meaning 27 and under

ailingeternity

Just a small discovery.

Using :236: :P: when the opponent has slight distance between the ropes, they will rebound and fall into a stagger state, if your placement is right you'll end up behind them and can potentially net a free :6::P::8::K:. This can be hold escaped the instant you hit the ropes however but it's there incase people succumb to the stun.

does lisa have any access to backdash cancel?
wait, do we even have 1414 cancel in 5u? how many kinds of backdash cancels are there?
I remember reading a thread about this, but I forgot to save the thread before I could commit the stuff to memory

AkaShocka

So is Lisa getting any nerfs, buffs, or tweaks in this patch? The only thing I really want if for her wakeup breakdance to give the same stun it did in vanilla. I had like 3 or 4 setups from it. Also, anyone find more uses for BT 7K?

ailingeternity

The patch notes haven't been released yet, I imagine they will come out with the patch itself. I'm excited to find out what changes will happen but I don't think it'll be too drastic.

Also, anyone find more uses for BT 7K?
I don't think there's anything special about it other than being a launcher...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD