DOA5LR List of New Content!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Is this a better comparison?
13190c68e8.jpg

8ec6c46deb.jpg
Not really. XD Aren't there any direct feed screens of the alpha?
Of course one can already notice -even though the image quality is really bad-, that the alpha version had the better, more plastic/sculptural lighting. Also, as I remember, it had the better wind effects.

Speaking about wind...that's an improvement, that I wish for in DOA5LR and that I think, is really reasonable. Please give every character in every victory pose wind effects! Right now, some have it, some haven't...

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Not really. XD Aren't there any direct feed screens of the alpha?
Of course one can already notice -even though the image quality is really bad-, that the alpha version had the better, more plastic/sculptural lighting. Also, as I remember, it had the better wind effects.

Speaking about wind...that's an improvement, that I wish for in DOA5LR and that I think, is really reasonable. Please give every character in every victory pose wind effects! Right now, some have it, some haven't...
Lol Zack with wind effects. What about charger moves with wind effects!? :D

werewolfgold

This was a picture of the early build of DOA5, which really ran in 1080p and with this beautiful lighting and antialiasing. We all know, about the downgrade that happened later...

One last time: That the trailer and the pictures were in 1080p resolution (which is only possible on PS4 and Xbone) and were already featuring the fancy new particle effects, are facts. Hoping for still better graphics is wishful thinking without anything concrete to back it up...for now. I might be wrong, but from my experience I don't think I am.
Devs release promotional pictures at higher resolutions than the game runs at all the time, many of which can be found in this site's assets (check toward the end of the Compilation of Character Stills thread). That doesn't say much of anything about what the resolution of the actual game is. Here is one from DOA5U, which we all know didn't hit 1080p.
DOA5U_GroupB_screenshot_04_JACKY%20VS%20CHRISTIE.jpg

I'm not saying that it wasn't the PS4 build in the trailer (I think it was, actually), but the fact that the promotional material was in 1080p isn't a smoking gun.

And how it looked in the first trailer may not be completely indicative of how it will look for the retail release (something we also are aware of).

Edit: Since we're all on a new board now, I'll just link it here.
http://www.freestepdodge.com/assets/

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
im personally pretty happy about the increased flashes, should make the impacts feel greater.

if they fix the wall detection its going to turn into a goddam light show when i get you near a wall :bayman:

Cadaveri

I don't use Team NINJA's pre-release photos for evidence. They are known for being cleaned up.

Those are not pre-release images of some special sort, their screencapture of video comparison of retail versus pre-alpha... (which looked ALOT better than what we have right now...)

Kronin

This was regarding a combo video of Momiji. I remember Kronin spreading the news, that the trailer was confirmed PS3 material and later apologizing, it was a mistake. ;)

@werewolfgold
Yes, it's like Tyaren said: I wasn't the first to report a such news but I spread it, safe then to realize that TN was talking of something compltely different.

Those are not pre-release images of some special sort, their screencapture of video comparison of retail versus pre-alpha... (which looked ALOT better than what we have right now...)

The fact is that people forget that the pre alpha demo needed to make work 4 characters in one stage (2 considering the multi level). I'm not sure if the Alpha demo (the one with 8 characters playable at offichial showcase) had the same graphics of the pre alpha, but even in that case the resources needed were less compared to the complete game.

I'm pretty sure that TN made the possible for the graphic in Doa5 considering the availability of the game in 2 consoles (anyway giving the priority on the characters models and in particular their faces).

Dravidian

I have a few questions. I apologize if they've already been asked or answered but I dont have time to read through everything at the moment. I was about to buy the character DLC bundle when FR was announced so in order to minimize my spending here are my questions:

1. Were any new characters announced and, if so, will they come to the 5U version?

2. Will 5U and 5FR have any crossplay? (I guess this question requires #1 to be true)

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I have a few questions. I apologize if they've already been asked or answered but I dont have time to read through everything at the moment. I was about to buy the character DLC bundle when FR was announced so in order to minimize my spending here are my questions:

1. Were any new characters announced and, if so, will they come to the 5U version?

2. Will 5U and 5FR have any crossplay? (I guess this question requires #1 to be true)

1. none at the moment, but I personally beleive they will.

2. I'm pretty positive their won't be any cross play

KwonJigglypuff

Okay, so DLCs will be carried over DOA5LR, BUT do you expect some old DLC costumes to be available by default "for free" in the game, like in DOA5U with Round 1, 2, 4, 5 and 9 ?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Okay, so DLCs will be carried over DOA5LR, BUT do you expect some old DLC costumes to be available by default "for free" in the game, like in DOA5U with Round 1, 2, 4, 5 and 9 ?

I can imagine, the casual DLC, the throwback costumes and maybe even the Halloween costumes being included in the game... The bikini and fetish costumes will very likely remain paid DLC. Wich is a good thing, because I don't really care for those anyway.

Kronin

2. Will 5U and 5FR have any crossplay? (I guess this question requires #1 to be true)[/QUOTE]

1) Like happened for 5U, I'm sure that we will get for 5LR new characters in disc and later as DLC me too.

2) I don't think because the presence of changes in the gameplay and new additions (not necessarily characters, but also stages or modes) make it not impossible but extremely unlikely.

By the way so far it was confirmed that the more realistic crossplay between old and new generation of family console will not be allowed (so PS4 with PS3 and XOne with X360)

Judging by the number of outfits included in 5LR, so far I don't see unlikely that in the end no old DOA5U DLC costumes will be available by default on disc.

Aven Kujo-Gin

They will include some. DOA5U have 231 free costumes and DOA5LR will have more than 300 for free. Hayashi himself says it.
Now, what costumes do you want for free? I want Legacy and casual costumes. Those are the best :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD