DOA5LR List of New Content!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeinchains

I just hope the female character is more than just a pretty face (she will be amazing looking per doa standard) But I hope she has a great story and personality and isn't just another random girl who is hot and entered the tournament for shits and giggles. I hope she is a character you can take serious.

Possibly asking to much?!

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i highly doubt anyone is going to have much of a story considering nothing can be done with their story till DOA6. im just hoping we dont get a dainty gall no poking and slapping, need a badass G.I. Jane type

FatalxInnocence

I don't know. Helena had a pretty tragic/cool backstory and actually had a reason for entering the tournament.

I find most of the core characters have good backstories... but that's just me. The filler characters however, like most fighting games, the filler characters are just there for variety playstyle wise. Nobody cares about their story.

Actually, does anybody care about story in fighters? I mean, I don't play fighters for character stories- I play them because they're fighting games. If I want a story I'll go play an RPG or a good survival horror game. All fighting games have pretty horrendous storylines. With the exception of BlazBlue, that game plays out like a visual novel with random fights every now and then.

werewolfgold

Actually, does anybody care about story in fighters? I mean, I don't play fighters for character stories- I play them because they're fighting games. If I want a story I'll go play an RPG or a good survival horror game.
I hear people say this a lot, and I never buy it. RPGs and the like are perfectly capable of having garbage storylines and flat characters. And either way, you can play those game just to slash at or shoot stuff. It can all be boiled down to "kill this monster/bad guy/evil overlord" or maybe "escape" in the case of some horror games. It's all just a means to an end. If you want a story, people can also go watch a movie.

The story part of any game can be made superfluous since gameplay is supposed to be the main point. But, any game is made better by attempts at story telling and making us care about the characters and the scenario somewhat. There's no real reason fighting games can't do that. A lot of the ones not confined to a tournament setting (Guilty Gear, Skullgirls, Soulcalibur, Injustice, etc.) manage to do a lot with it. And even then, tournament settings can work as it did for MK9 in the end. We shouldn't be trying to let fighting games off the hook in the story regard. It's just a different way of beating up enemies.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
please dont be Raidou, really rather have someone interesting.

Raidou is very interesting from a design standpoint.
Pure evil, epic hair and mustache.
Actual testosterone for a change...
and a true BOSS.

If he were to return, I trust what Shimbori's take n him would be... let's see...
- He pretty much reinvented tengu-do and Nyotengu is honestly more fun than ever.
(still miss Tengu as a character tho.. )
- Made Bayman and Leon so different in a sense that even though they have the same fighting style, each one of them evolved to match his personality... Bayman being more "professional" and Leon being the Raging powerhouse that he is...

I would love to see his re-take on Raidou.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Raidou is very interesting from a design standpoint.
Pure evil, epic hair and mustache.
Actual testosterone for a change...
and a true BOSS.

If he were to return, I trust what Shimbori's take n him would be... let's see...
- He pretty much reinvented tengu-do and Nyotengu is honestly more fun than ever.
(still miss Tengu as a character tho.. )
- Made Bayman and Leon so different in a sense that even though they have the same fighting style, each one of them evolved to match his personality... Bayman being more "professional" and Leon being the Raging powerhouse that he is...

I would love to see his re-take on Raidou.

he didn't reinvent the characters so much as make their existing tools work better via property changes, Leon and Bayman were already pretty different by DOA4. i was fine with Leon because he focuses on using his unique tools over the stuff that was the same where as Raidou is Dural, he would focus on using the same tools just in better. yeah you can give him a new moveset but if you're going to create a brand new moveset for a dead character might as well give it to some new guy.

HHH816

if you to the jap LR official site you will notice this

002_h.png

人肌の柔らかさを表現する「やわらかエンジン」を搭載。
さらなる高みを目指し、新世代にふさわしいより洗練された自然な表現へ。通常時のグラフィックもさることながら、汗をかいたときの肉体美や息遣いと合わさって、格闘を忘れてじっくり眺めていたくなるほどだ!

translation
Is equipped with a "soft engine" to express the softness of human skin.
Aiming to further heights, to the natural representation sophisticated than worthy of the new generation. Even more than the graphics normal, and taken together with the physical beauty and breath when you sweat, it's enough to want watching carefully to forget the fighting!

sorry if this posted b4

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD