Characters Marie Rose Combo and Strategy thread

Qudans

....You know what? Believe what you want. Maybe someone stronger with MR than I am can debunk you, but I just don't have the patience. If we were discussing Kasumi or someone else I use more frequently, I could continue on without much fustration. All I have left to say is that SonicFox has still put on a good show with his MR and shown what she is capable of, tournament win or no tournament win.

Wait, did you just ragequit?
I mean, I would like to think I conducted my post in a civil and polite manner and I DID open myself up to debunking.........I mean did I come off as a dick or something?
That aside, I guess my point stands even stronger now?.....since you just agreed without putting up a semblance of a counterargument.....you kinda just gave up which indicates to me there really IS no counter argument to be made.......and you main Kasumi, not Marie....which I guess further confirms my stance.....

Like I didn't even try to play or hide behind the opinion card.....you just flat out handed it to me to use with reckless abandon....

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Wait, did you just ragequit?
I mean, I would like to think I conducted my post in a civil and polite manner and I DID open myself up to debunking.........I mean did I come off as a dick or something?
That aside, I guess my point stands even stronger now?.....since you just agreed without putting up a semblance of a counterargument.....you kinda just gave up which indicates to me there really IS no counter argument to be made.......and you main Kasumi, not Marie....which I guess further confirms my stance.....

Like I didn't even try to play or hide behind the opinion card.....you just flat out handed it to me to use with reckless abandon....
You're not being a dick, believe me I would've pointed that out from the get go, as I strongly dislike people like that. Also, just because I main Kasumi doesn't mean I don't also use MR as well, she's just not my strongest character in my arsenal to utilize. If you call dropping a pointless argument "rage quitting", then yes, I am. And "reckless" is not a term I would to describe my approach to you, I tried to politely reason with you.

Qudans

You're not being a dick, believe me I would've pointed that out from the get go, as I strongly dislike people like that. Also, just because I main Kasumi doesn't mean I don't also use MR as well, she's just not my strongest character in my arsenal to utilize. If you call dropping a pointless argument "rage quitting", then yes, I am. And "reckless" is not a term I would to describe my approach to you, I tried to politely reason with you.
You misunderstood.
I meant you're letting me use the opinion card with reckless abandon rather than calling me out on where you think I am mistaken........thus the "believe what you want"

I mean I really don't have a response to that. Since my beliefs are founded on the evidence before me and you've only confirmed it......so.....ok......

I was hoping for enlightenment and what I got was......I guess dismissive confirmation?.....

I mean I don't see how this is a pointless argument....but ok......I guess.....

I mean you can use Marie on the side, which I said people do. But nobody ever mains her because it isn't logically sound. I mean would you ever main her? Of course not, she's not viable, especially not in a tournament setting. In your case, Kasumi is a stronger character and thus a more practical choice.

I mean I'm sorry if I'm frustrating you, but I'm just presenting the facts you've laid out for me in black and white.

Qudans

Guys this is a COMBO thread! Can we keep on topic!
Combo and STRATEGY
Thus why I posted here. I didn't find any of the other topics in this subforum quite as fitting and I didn't see the need to increase the clutter with a new thread.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't debunking supposed misinformation regarding Marie the same as discussing correct Marie Rose Strategy?

But again, my point still stands. Marie isn't viable. I still await debunking since it is clear that there is disagreement with my statement.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You misunderstood.
I meant you're letting me use the opinion card with reckless abandon rather than calling me out on where you think I am mistaken........thus the "believe what you want"

I mean I really don't have a response to that. Since my beliefs are founded on the evidence before me and you've only confirmed it......so.....ok......

I was hoping for enlightenment and what I got was......I guess dismissive confirmation?.....

I mean I don't see how this is a pointless argument....but ok......I guess.....

I mean you can use Marie on the side, which I said people do. But nobody ever mains her because it isn't logically sound. I mean would you ever main her? Of course not, she's not viable, especially not in a tournament setting. In your case, Kasumi is a stronger character and thus a more practical choice.
Tiers and general character strength don't matter to me. I main Kasumi simply because I love her, even if she was the worst character in the game and could be countered with only the mid punch hold, I'd still use her... same with Marie, I just utilize her tools and roll with the punches, I honestly don't care about how well she is in an online, offline, or tournament setting. I'm sure SF has that same mindset when he uses MR, he just uses the characters he likes and just wins with them, simple as that. Anyway, like I said, opinions are opinions. Let us stop here, the thread is dramatically taking a massive turn for the worst, and what we've been discussing is definitely not strategy or combos.

Qudans

Well I mean I was trying to provide an avenue for discussing Marie Rose strategy by having you guys correct me where I'm wrong.....but......well shit.....all I got was...."Nah, fk it, you're right"

That's kinda disappointing.....Marie Rose remains unviable I guess......

Thanks for your time either way.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well I mean I was trying to provide an avenue for discussing Marie Rose strategy by having you guys correct me where I'm wrong.....but......well shit.....all I got was...."Nah, fk it, you're right"

That's kinda disappointing.....Marie Rose remains unviable I guess......

Thanks for your time either way.
Look, stop playin' with me. There's no sense stepping on a roach that's already dead, please stop derailing the topic.

...Anyways, I've been playing around with her BT throw and seeing what combos I can do after the 6PP command. Any good combos anyone?

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I don't think anyone has discovered Marie Rose's true potential. She can be good, but I don't think anyone actually put enough time and effort into using her.

Japan (and I think USA) consider her a weaker character, like around D tier at least. It's kinda hard to figure out, but she's well in between mid and low tier at best.

In terms of safe strings for example: 4K is -5, PP6PP is -4, 3PK is -3, 2P is -3, 1PP is -4, P+K is -4, 6P+K is -4, etc.

And side note: Eventhub's tier lists are usually a joke.

YBNDM

Look, stop playin' with me. There's no sense stepping on a roach that's already dead, please stop derailing the topic.

...Anyways, I've been playing around with her BT throw and seeing what combos I can do after the 6PP command. Any good combos anyone?
Um.. after 6PP do 8K>PP6P. (I wouldn't really know I don't have access to my PS4 reight now)

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Also consider, aside from SonicFox, I have never seen a Marie Rose in top 8. And even he doesn't use Marie Rose to get to top 8. He uses stronger characters.

Actually in last year's Battle Arena Melbourne, FatalxInnocence placed 4th with Marie Rose.

ModusPwnins

Qudans, do me a favor.

Marie Rose Spacing:
Shuffle through these moves in a ever changing sequence: 4PK, 5K, 3K, PK, 4P, 4K
-Aim to land these at somewhat tip range in a keep-out manner

Offense:
Get a one hit stun, ANY stun. Possible candidates: 6P string variants, P string variants, 5K, PK, etc. For impatient players, you can kinda rush them down and be a little on the mashy side. Just focus on getting a lvl 1 stun.

Then:
-For starters pick any of the following follow ups at random: 7K, 214P, 8K, 5H+K (limbo stun)
-Occasional 2K, 2H+K, 4T, 6T, 41236T to mix things up just a bit more
-Watch as your opponent has to guess a 5 way mixup off of lvl 1 stun or get launched/ hi-counter thrown for guaranteed dmg. (5 way: high, mid punch, mid kick, low, throw)
-If you want to throw in Rondo BT stance while they're stunned, your options increase even more

Defense:
Step 1: Pretty simple, play patient and poke out with the single-minded goal of scoring a CH lvl 1 stun
Step 2: Refer to offensive strategy

Or Plan B:
Step 1: Pressure with the intention of putting the fear of god into them (lvl 1 stun)
Step 2: Occasional Minuet to hop around just about every counter measure they retaliate with

Additional wtf-kery:
Vortex them with BT OH
-My preferred follow up: 5H+K, 6PP, -> you decide the rest
-Also possible: 9P, 6PP, 6P -> you decide the rest

And this is with minimal use of Rondo and Minuet, and literally no use of Flower Wheel

BT OH when they're facing forward or backwards?

The guaranteed follow up when the BT OH leaves them BT, was 5H+K, 6PP, 6P or 9P, 6PP, 6P
At least IIRC. I always do 5H+K, 6PP, and change up the rest depending on how the opponent reacts.

@Dark-truth
Can't say for sure it's max damage (maybe 1 or 2 HP off), but I tend to go with these since they allow me to adjust things on the fly and set things up, and I've gotten used to them being combo drop proof online. (mostly the online part)
7K launch - BT H+K, BT H+K, BT PP6PK max launch height
8K launch - 6K4 rondo K, BT PP6PK max launch height

Wish I could help you more, but these days I kind of eyeball it.

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

Whoever thinks Marie Rose is not a good character clearly hasn't played her enough or does not play other characters who are worse then her.
I thinks she's a solid mid-tier character, some of the reasons why I think this :
-Best defense after Leifang.
-Best command side step of the game.
-Overall, her moves are safe-ish ~
-Limbo Stun
-3 OHs and a BT OH that guarantees stuff.
-Ultra damaging advanced holds.
What are Marie's max damage combo's ? Im learning her.
Here's some of them (max launch height) :
7K > BT H+K > BT H+K > BT KKK (lightweights)
7K > BT 8P > 4PP > PP6PK (middleweights)
7K > BT 4K4 > Rondo K > BT KKK (heavyweights)

Rondo PP / BT 4P / 8K > 9P > 4PP > PP6PK (lightweights)
Rondo PP / BT 4P / 8K > 4PP > PP6PK (middleweights)
Rondo PP / BT 4P / 8K > PPP > 6PK (heavyweights)

Dark-truth

Whoever thinks Marie Rose is not a good character clearly hasn't played her enough or does not play other characters who are worse then her.
I thinks she's a solid mid-tier character, some of the reasons why I think this :
-Best defense after Leifang.
-Best command side step of the game.
-Overall, her moves are safe-ish ~
-Limbo Stun
-3 OHs and a BT OH that guarantees stuff.
-Ultra damaging advanced holds.

Here's some of them (max launch height) :
7K > BT H+K > BT H+K > BT KKK (lightweights)
7K > BT 8P > 4PP > PP6PK (middleweights)
7K > BT 4K4 > Rondo K > BT KKK (heavyweights)

Rondo PP / BT 4P / 8K > 9P > 4PP > PP6PK (lightweights)
Rondo PP / BT 4P / 8K > 4PP > PP6PK (middleweights)
Rondo PP / BT 4P / 8K > PPP > 6PK (heavyweights)
thanks hon

Kris Emery

What some good tips on beating mashy hayate players with Marie I'm having a hard to beating ninjas in general with her

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Just wanna point this out as well... (Not sure if anyone mentioned this)

In terms of spacing and footsies, Marie-Rose will have quite a hard time against certain characters such as Jann Lee and Ayane for example. Don't get me wrong, she has some decent spacing tools like 4K, 3K, and 9P for example, but if you try to outspace a spacing character, you're gonna have a bad time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD