Characters Marie Rose Combo and Strategy thread

Brute

Standard Donor
Well, unless you're fighting a grappler. Don't they have 6 frame throws?
Ryu, Tina, Lisa and Bass can punish -7. Everyone else cannot.

So when he says "semi-safe," that usually refers to moves that are only punishable by "grapplers." -6 or less is considered purely "safe" as opposed to "semi-safe."

Reactions: FatalxInnocence

Brute

Standard Donor
Ryu has a 6 frame throw? I didn't expect that. Also assumed Bayman & Leon would have one too.... but I guess not.
Yeah, that's why the "grappler" distinction is so wonky and subjective in this game.

Most people you talk to don't consider Ryu a grappler but will consider Bayman one. But, low and behold, Ryu's got the i6 punish throws and Bayman doesn't (a design choice I don't think anyone fully understands). Ryu actually has three i6 punish throws, believe it or not (6T, 66T and 4T).

Reactions: FatalxInnocence

FatalxInnocence

Sydney, Australia
Main Character
Honoka
Yeah, that's why the "grappler" distinction is so wonky and subjective in this game.

Most people you talk to don't consider Ryu a grappler but will consider Bayman one. But, low and behold, Ryu's got the i6 punish throws and Bayman doesn't (a design choice I don't think anyone fully understands). Ryu actually has three i6 punish throws, believe it or not (6T, 66T and 4T).
That's pretty nifty for him though. I bet you must be happy with the developers choice to give him multiple 6 frame throws ;D

Brute

Standard Donor
That's pretty nifty for him though. I bet you must be happy with the developers choice to give him multiple 6 frame throws ;D
Not really. It was a pretty stupid design choice, in my opinion.

I could see his 4T being an i6, but his 6T definitely should be i7 and his 66T should be an i16 OH.

Reactions: Kohlrak

Komatose

Around
Main Character
Sarah Bryant
PSN ID
N/A
So getting a CB basically relies on a mixup? In general I mean. Not just with Marie. It is seeming that way. Either that or I really cannot do what I am doing offline, online.

ninjaguy446

Philadelphia
Main Character
Helena Douglas
PSN ID
ninjaguy446
So getting a CB basically relies on a mixup? In general I mean. Not just with Marie. It is seeming that way. Either that or I really cannot do what I am doing offline, online.
Yes, basically. Once you have them at the point where you can CB!, they know that you can CB! them. They could hold mid p if they expect the CB!, or they could do nothing if they expect a throw, or they could hold high if they expect Marie's 7K, etc. etc. Everything in stun is a mixup really (unless it's a SDS).

Reactions: Kronin and Komatose

Komatose

Around
Main Character
Sarah Bryant
PSN ID
N/A
Yes, basically. Once you have them at the point where you can CB!, they know that you can CB! them. They could hold mid p if they expect the CB!, or they could do nothing if they expect a throw, or they could hold high if they expect Marie's 7K, etc. etc. Everything in stun is a mixup really (unless it's a SDS).
Wow. Thanks for answering this. I was really starting to think I was messing up my combos and doing things too late or something. And now that I know this for certain, I will mix up what I do wayyyy better.

Reactions: ninjaguy446

KING JAIMY

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Main Character
Rig
Gamertag
KING JAIMY
3DS Friend Code
5086-3025-4977
PSN ID
King_Jaimy
Steam
KING JAIMY
I know this thread is pretty much dead so I thought I'd revive it by sharing a CB combo on Alpha. Damage output may vary based on hit level and setup:

(Example of CB Setup) :4::K: > :9::K: > :3::P: > :6::6::P: (CB)

(Featherweight post-CB) :7::K: > BT :8::P: > :9::P: > :7::K: > BT :H+K: > BT :P::P::6::P::K:

So... has anyone found a good use for PPPP¿
I recently found that PPPP works well on slopes. Example for lightweights:

(Lightweights, Slope) :6::P+K: > :4::P::K: > :7::K: > BT :K::K: > :9::P: > :P::P::P::P:

Normally, you'd go for the :P::P::6::P::K: finisher. However, I found that :P::P::P::P: works better because it deals more damage and provides more knockback on slopes.

Kohlrak

I know this thread is pretty much dead so I thought I'd revive it by sharing a CB combo on Alpha. Damage output may vary based on hit level and setup:

(Example of CB Setup) :4::K: > :9::K: > :3::P: > :6::6::P: (CB)

(Featherweight post-CB) :7::K: > BT :8::P: > :9::P: > :7::K: > BT :H+K: > BT :P::P::6::P::K:

I recently found that PPPP works well on slopes. Example for lightweights:

(Lightweights, Slope) :6::P+K: > :4::P::K: > :7::K: > BT :K::K: > :9::P: > :P::P::P::P:

Normally, you'd go for the :P::P::6::P::K: finisher. However, I found that :P::P::P::P: works better because it deals more damage and provides more knockback on slopes.
Yeah, now that i've used it it she feels like a beginner character with it. Easy buttons, but also punishes spam, since you can screw yourself over by using it at the wrong time.

Forgot your password?