Characters Marie Rose Combo and Strategy thread

Juihau

Considering that line isn't actually present in the game at all, I somehow doubt that's it. Please don't be. That line still makes me cringe...

Kohlrak

Hmm. Probably one of her other quotes of which there isn't a title yet:

''Hey. That's not fair!''

Fits better with loss counts.

''Let the red rose of blood bloom forth.''

Sounds like an entry style quote that they should've used.

Or "bigger isn't always better ya know" XD

I feel this might be the case.

If we want to know badly enough, we could always grind it.

KING JAIMY

Found an unholdable Power Blow yesterday from a wall splat. As we speak, the advantage has to be exactly +30 after a wall splat to land an unholdable Power Blow.

You can use any of these two setups:

66K (W!) - 236P (W!) - 1P+K (Full charge Power Blow) - This one gives +30 and works 100% of the time.
3H+K (W!) - 236P (W!) - 1P+K (Full charge Power Blow) - This one gives +30 most of the time, but on other occasions it gives +31.

Only works on middleweights and super heavyweights for some reason. On lightweights and featherweight you'll get too much advantage (+31) and this will not allow you to land the unholdable Power Blow.

KING JAIMY

Found some more unholdables with Marie Rose:

After 7H high kick hold --> KK is unholdable
After 4H --> SS K is unholdable
After 41236T --> SS K is unholdable
After BT 4T --> KK is unholdable
After 3P+K T --> 6PP is unholdable
After 2T on BT Crouching opponent --> 3PK is unholdable

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Found some more unholdables with Marie Rose:

After 7H high kick hold --> KK is unholdable
After 4H --> SS K is unholdable
After 41236T --> SS K is unholdable
After BT 4T --> KK is unholdable
After 3P+K T --> 6PP is unholdable
After 2T on BT Crouching opponent --> 3PK is unholdable
Wow this is awesome! I'm going to try these out for myself in training mode tomorrow.

KING JAIMY

No-timing force tech setup:

6PK (knockdown) > 6K2K for +14 frame advantage.

Only works if the opponent misses the tech. If they do tech, I don't recommend doing 6K2K right after 6PK.

Kris Emery

Someone plzz help me I'm having a hard time with Marie. When I fight hayate for some reason I cannot beat him when he's aggressive towards me infant do anything. What are some good offensive and defensive tactics to get out of a jam. I know the wonder side step she has but when ppl throw strings at me I can't escape !

Qudans

Step 1: Go to Character Select
Step 2: Pick a character that isn't bottom tier
Step 3: Start winning

Like honestly, Marie isn't really a viable character. She's pretty much Roll-tier.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Step 1: Go to Character Select
Step 2: Pick a character that isn't bottom tier
Step 3: Start winning

Like honestly, Marie isn't really a viable character. She's pretty much Roll-tier.
I have to disagree, Marie is not exactly low tier imo.

Qudans

I have to disagree, Marie is not exactly low tier imo.
http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/doa5/
http://tccd.web.fc2.com/diagram/
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/835976-dead-or-alive-5-last-round/72550207

I'll believe otherwise once I see a Marie Rose main win a major.....oh wait, there aren't any cause nobody's masochistic enough to subject themselves to a one sided beatdown.

Point still stands, she's Roll-tier and not viable.

I mean, no disrespect to Marie Rose players, just......she's useless.

Qudans

Fixed! <3
Except in the tier lists I just posted, Eliot is ranked higher.
Eliot has won majors, I've heard of Eliot mains. XcaliburBladez and one other guy won a major
Wonder why I haven't seen Marie Rose mains or Marie Rose winning majors.

There's a reason why nobody mains her, Japan mains subbed her for a better main, etc.
My point still stands.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/doa5/
http://tccd.web.fc2.com/diagram/
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/835976-dead-or-alive-5-last-round/72550207

I'll believe otherwise once I see a Marie Rose main win a major.....oh wait, there aren't any cause nobody's masochistic enough to subject themselves to a one sided beatdown.

Point still stands, she's Roll-tier and not viable.

I mean, no disrespect to Marie Rose players, just......she's useless.
Hasn't Sonic Fox won a major with her yet? And p.s., don't double post by the way, the mods dislike that. If you dislike her so much and think she is useless, then why are you here in the Marie Rose forum?

Qudans

Hasn't Sonic Fox won a major with her yet? And p.s., don't double post by the way, the mods dislike that. If you dislike her so much and think she is useless, then why are you here in the Marie Rose forum?

My bad on the double post.

I actually like the character a lot, I just don't think she's viable or worth maining. You're gonna lose.

From what I've seen, SonicFox uses Phase-4/ Rachel/ Christie/ etc. and maybe uses Marie in top-8 before getting stomped and going back to a stronger character. Consider Sonic is no joke as a fighting gamer and even HE isn't foolish enough to use Marie when the matches get serious.

I've yet to see him actually win when using Marie in a serious tournament match.

And no he hasn't won a major with Marie. He won Defend the North with Kasumi/ Christie from what I recall. Once again, there's a reason why he switched away from Marie for the win.

Also consider, aside from SonicFox, I have never seen a Marie Rose in top 8. And even he doesn't use Marie Rose to get to top 8. He uses stronger characters.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
My bad on the double post.

I actually like the character a lot, I just don't think she's viable or worth maining. You're gonna lose.

From what I've seen, SonicFox uses Phase-4/ Rachel/ Christie/ etc. and maybe uses Marie in top-8 before getting stomped and going back to a stronger character. Consider Sonic is no joke as a fighting gamer and even HE isn't foolish enough to use Marie when the matches get serious.

I've yet to see him actually win when using Marie in a serious tournament match.

And no he hasn't won a major with Marie. He won Defend the North with Kasumi/ Christie from what I recall. Once again, there's a reason why he switched away from Marie for the win.

Also consider, aside from SonicFox, I have never seen a Marie Rose in top 8. And even he doesn't use Marie Rose to get to top 8. He uses stronger characters.
There's honestly other good characters that you hardly see used in tourneys and top 8. Marie may be underrated, but she's definitely not bottom tier. A sabaki like parry, good mix ups and safe strings, combo ability, 2 OHs, AND 6 expert holds definitely don't scream low tier to me.

Qudans

There's honestly other good characters that you hardly see used in tourneys and top 8. Marie may be underrated, but she's definitely not bottom tier. A sabaki like parry, good mix ups and safe strings, combo ability, 2 OHs, AND 6 expert holds definitely don't scream low tier to me.

Ok lemme rephrase, I've yet to see a Marie player do decently in a tourney. They either get deuced or there flat out aren't any period.

Sabaki like parry - lol just kick, throw, or do a low. Her sabaki is pretty useless and kinda slow

Good mix ups - disagree, she feels pretty slow and predictable. Rush her down with a ninja, or turtle, guard break, and OH with any grappler and she's screwed. Or just turtle and space with any ranged character. Or just pick Rig or Zack.

Safe Strings - which safe strings are we talking about here? Marie with the Minuet P+K that you can sidestep and punish with a raw PB? That doesn't exactly scream out safe to me.

Expert holds - once again, get thrown for Hi-counter while you try to out guess faster characters with better mixups?

So yea, tell that to the tier lists I posted and the players that generated them. I mean 1 standalone tier list, I'll question. Multiple ones from different countries/ communities with roughly the same placement? Can't really contest that one.

Once again, I am open to debunking. But the empirical evidence presented before me hasn't proven me otherwise.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Ok lemme rephrase, I've yet to see a Marie player do decently in a tourney. They either get deuced or there flat out aren't any period.

Sabaki like parry - lol just kick, throw, or do a low. Her sabaki is pretty useless and kinda slow

Good mix ups - disagree, she feels pretty slow and predictable. Rush her down with a ninja, or turtle, guard break, and OH with any grappler and she's screwed. Or just turtle and space with any ranged character. Or just pick Rig or Zack.

Safe Strings - which safe strings are we talking about here? Marie with the Minuet P+K that you can sidestep and punish with a raw PB? That doesn't exactly scream out safe to me.

Expert holds - once again, get thrown for Hi-counter while you try to out guess faster characters with better mixups?

So yea, tell that to the tier lists I posted and the players that generated them. I mean 1 standalone tier list, I'll question. Multiple ones from different countries/ communities with roughly the same placement? Can't really contest that one.

Once again, I am open to debunking. But the empirical evidence presented before me hasn't proven me otherwise.
....You know what? Believe what you want. Maybe someone stronger with MR than I am can debunk you, but I just don't have the patience. If we were discussing Kasumi or someone else I use more frequently, I could continue on without much fustration. All I have left to say is that SonicFox has still put on a good show with his MR and shown what she is capable of, tournament win or no tournament win.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD