Characters Marie Rose, Phase 4 and 1.05

After all of the intense matches from SCR this weekend, it's only fitting that we are followed up with huge news pertaining to our game and community. Marie Rose is coming to consoles 3/25 on Playstation 3 and the 26th on Xbox 360. A 1.05 update is also planned, but little details are available for that.

Update 3/04: Marie Rose will be paid DLC. Her retail price is 5.99 USD. It should also be mentioned that the title update will be coupled with Lorelei.

Kasumi Alpha "Phase 4" is also planned to be released and she is only currently planned for arcades.

The following images provided by Team NINJA. Be sure to thank them (Twitter/Facebook) for their support!

Last edited by a moderator:
The translation says "while still based on the "Gate Tenjin Ninjutsu flow Tenjin Kirimaboroshi" of haze, mods as humanoid stealth mobile weapons seems to have been added, but of stealth, such as if they were covered in fog of jet black from a height, the details of which are uncharted territory" The translation suggests that she uses some sort of weapons in her style, her description mentions that she is a weapon but under fighting style the translation says that her style is based on mugen tenshin but with some sort of weapons used. Previously her fighting style description said that it was based off of mugen tenshin but with stealth attacks and now the fighting style mentions mobile stealth weapons in it.

The translation says "while still based on the "Gate Tenjin Ninjutsu flow Tenjin Kirimaboroshi" of haze, mods as humanoid stealth mobile weapons seems to have been added, but of stealth, such as if they were covered in fog of jet black from a height, the details of which are uncharted territory" The translation suggests that she uses some sort of weapons in her style, her description mentions that she is a weapon but under fighting style the translation says that her style is based on mugen tenshin but with some sort of weapons used. Previously her fighting style description said that it was based off of mugen tenshin but with stealth attacks and now the fighting style mentions mobile stealth weapons in it.
still kinda hard to believe she has any kinda of weapon, now hidden attacks under her cloak (which is what i saw in translation at least) that makes more sense and that she is considered a stealth weapon because well she was created lol but the new translation you were talking about that its suggested she actually has one (at least in her actually fighting style) kinda hard to believe but if they do put that damn sword in her fighting style.... *sigh* geez.. lol i just hope they don't do that.

If she does use weapons in her fighting style it will probably be more along the lines of Necrid from SCII. He used energy weapons that appeared out of nowhere so that would fit the stealth criteria. She probably does not use a physical weapon like a sword she most likely uses energy to fashion blades on her hands during some moves. It would explain how she scarred Bayman in the opening scene in the story if she attacked him using a energy slash

If she does use weapons in her fighting style it will probably be more along the lines of Necrid from SCII. He used energy weapons that appeared out of nowhere so that would fit the stealth criteria. She probably does not use a physical weapon like a sword she most likely uses energy to fashion blades on her hands during some moves. It would explain how she scarred Bayman in the opening scene in the story if she attacked him using a energy slash
Nah because we all know she slit his face with her sword she was holding tho and that energy theory is good and i like it!

The statement which made me complain is not that. The statement which does make me complain is: "We don't feel that it's right for fighting games". Are your ears deaf to this? Or perhaps your eyes are blind specifically tho that phrase...? So first TN state something important and then they just did the opposite. Is everybody blind to this?

I haven't denied what has been said in the past, it's quite clear to me. However, I am mindful of the fact that with the passage of time opinions and attitudes change as our knowledge and understanding evolves. I am under no illusions that TN is some sort of charity here to hand out freebies left right and centre and I am grateful for the free content they do give us, which, to be fair, not many developers do!

Are you rich? What if TN instead 1 or 2, add 3 or 4, 5 or 6 more chars? $6... $18... $36? Last one was almost the prices of the whole game. Everybody know that separate DLCs cost are meaninfull higher than single whole game... What if there is a very early tournament -like previous TFC- and you could not have time to save and test a new char(s) which you sholud know how to face...? Perhaps is not such a biiig barrier, but it is and it's not fair for some competitor.

And today FGC accept a $6 char, then a 8$ one... and then game companies just they whatever that even can hurt competitive communitiy a nobody speak any complaint at all. We should care about our community, seemingly harmless things of today can be the gate for future serius danger.

And once again:

I'm not rich at all, I work 6 days a week to support my wife and two kids and be able to have the odd treat now and again. Relative to the costs of running a car, paying rent, utilities and food bills, £6 (or thereabouts) is an inexpensive treat that won't break the bank. Again, to reiterate my earlier point, you are grossly exaggerating this "barrier" which is truly superficial.

Game companies can't charge anything they want, simple supply and demand economics along with substitution will keep the prices in check.

[Everyone else: sorry for the Ecomonics lesson...]

I haven't denied what has been said in the past, it's quite clear to me. However, I am mindful of the fact that with the passage of time opinions and attitudes change as our knowledge and understanding evolves. I am under no illusions that TN is some sort of charity here to hand out freebies left right and centre and I am grateful for the free content they do give us, which, to be fair, not many developers do!

Well, my dear, my illusions about TN was they care competitive community. As I have said it many times before: the problem is not the money. Is TN credibility and relation with community. Just a brief explanation why they changed they main had been enough for showing some care for us and their word.

They know you'll pay for it, so they'll make you pay for it. If the competitive community has a problem with the cash, they'll play a previous one instead. If they loose money instead of making money, they'll rethink their strategy.

They know you'll pay for it, so they'll make you pay for it. If the competitive community has a problem with the cash, they'll play a previous one instead. If they loose money instead of making money, they'll rethink their strategy.
I expect TN says it, not you.

Well, my dear, my illusions about TN was they care competitive community. As I have said it many times before: the problem is not the money.

First of all, offer me the respect that I give to you. I don't find you calling me "my dear" constructive at all.

Secondly, to say that the company doesn't care for the community at all is wrong in my opinion. TN has been committed to balancing the game, which is key to the competitive scene. They are expanding the roster by investing development time and money and it is only fair that they be compensated for that, only an entitled gamer would disagree and in my opinion entitled gamers are a cancer in this industry.

Is TN credibility and relation with community. Just a brief explanation why they changed they main had been enough for showing some care for us and their word.

Somebody's "word" isn't something they can be held against them indefinitely, especially when it has been taken out of context. In fact I don't think I have seen anyone at the top of the competitive scene complain about this. This is probably because they know that entitlement is not the way to up their game.

Unless you have something new to add to this argument may I suggest that you give this a rest before everyone else gets annoyed by this argument going around in circles.

First of all, offer me the respect that I give to you. I don't find you calling me "my dear" constructive at all.

Secondly, to say that the company doesn't care for the community at all is wrong in my opinion. TN has been committed to balancing the game, which is key to the competitive scene. They are expanding the roster by investing development time and money and it is only fair that they be compensated for that, only an entitled gamer would disagree and in my opinion entitled gamers are a cancer in this industry.

May I add, too, that TN works with TK, and both are very well known compared to others for more than just listening to the customers, but actually asking them for advice. I'd love to know how he feels about, say, Capcom, Nintendo, or Microsoft.

Somebody's "word" isn't something they can be held against them indefinitely, especially when it has been taken out of context. In fact I don't think I have seen anyone at the top of the competitive scene complain about this. This is probably because they know that entitlement is not the way to up their game.

Honestly, it's like the guy who throws a fit when told that if he works hard, he'll be rewarded, only to work 1 extra day of overtime and complain about how the woman who worked overtime all week got employee of the month and he didn't, and she's unqualified for reasons X, Y, and Z.

Unless you have something new to add to this argument may I suggest that you give this a rest before everyone else gets annoyed by this argument going around in circles.

I'm already there and i just came into this thread.

@Malesoun, I'm sorry "my dear" sounded disrespectful for you. In England, "my dear" means exactly the opposite, is a way to be respectful.

I'm really disconcerted how people doesn't care TN credibility. I have been told about more TN faults to their word. I love DOA and I'll keep playing it seriously, but when TN speaks again I just can't take his word seriously.

It's funny to me that no matter how many times I re-read the so called "promise", like I stated a lot of times before, I see no promise whatsoever and even if it was written with words of promise, they still wouldn't be failing their word. People are just taking it out of context, as @Malesoun stated.

Anyway, enough about this, with that I have to agree.

Given that Marie is joining the console cast 7 months after the initial release, there is no way any of her material was already on the disc. Also, the time to actually make her was more of an investment on TN's part than any costume. Considering she's $6-7 IIRC, this means you get a completely new character with 4 costumes for the price of 3 costumes.

Just saying.

Marie Rose is now up on PSN for $5.99 for just her,$12.99 for both the character and all her launch dlc costumes and $7.99 for her costume set.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD