Characters Marie Rose, Phase 4 and 1.05

After all of the intense matches from SCR this weekend, it's only fitting that we are followed up with huge news pertaining to our game and community. Marie Rose is coming to consoles 3/25 on Playstation 3 and the 26th on Xbox 360. A 1.05 update is also planned, but little details are available for that.

Update 3/04: Marie Rose will be paid DLC. Her retail price is 5.99 USD. It should also be mentioned that the title update will be coupled with Lorelei.

Kasumi Alpha "Phase 4" is also planned to be released and she is only currently planned for arcades.

The following images provided by Team NINJA. Be sure to thank them (Twitter/Facebook) for their support!

Last edited by a moderator:
Marie Rose looks fun, I'll buy, free stage dlc is good. How much is the bundle pack with the costumes?

Marie Rose looks fun, I'll buy, free stage dlc is good. How much is the bundle pack with the costumes?

We don't know yet. The best guess would be between $10 and $13. It would seem ridiculous for them to charge you a full $2 per outfit and the bundle has to discount something.

I share the same point of view and have tried to argue elswhere only for it to fall on deaf ears. I think another point that people are missing is that the statement was made almost two years ago. Even if you were to ignore the fact that the statement was made in relation to DoA5 not 5U, it's unreasonable to think that such an opinion should be permanent.
The statement which made me complain is not that. The statement which does make me complain is: "We don't feel that it's right for fighting games". Are your ears deaf to this? Or perhaps your eyes are blind specifically tho that phrase...? So first TN state something important and then they just did the opposite. Is everybody blind to this?

I completely disagree and I think you are exaggerating. Marie-Rose's price is nominal at best is no barrier to anyone that is serious about competition.
Are you rich? What if TN instead 1 or 2, add 3 or 4, 5 or 6 more chars? $6... $18... $36? Last one was almost the prices of the whole game. Everybody know that separate DLCs cost are meaninfull higher than single whole game... What if there is a very early tournament -like previous TFC- and you could not have time to save and test a new char(s) which you sholud know how to face...? Perhaps is not such a biiig barrier, but it is and it's not fair for some competitor.

And today FGC accept a $6 char, then a 8$ one... and then game companies just they whatever that even can hurt competitive communitiy a nobody speak any complaint at all. We should care about our community, seemingly harmless things of today can be the gate for future serius danger.

And once again:
I don't mind the money, I mind negative impact in game reputation in competitive fighting games community, which has been hard to rise and still needs help.

Seriously. Your strongest criticism of Phase-4 is that she has CLOWN pants? FFS, she's going to have other costumes.

Absolutely. Yet people like you simply do not realize it's a cover up. It's not new.

New moveset? Ok great. +1.

Design? Disappointed.

It's only these kinds nitpick criticisms that people can make on a character that we haven't seen in action yet.

And this is the direct point of?.......Regardless of a new moveset or not. It's still a Kasumi under the hood. This is the point I'm getting at. It will make no difference if she gains an entire moveset or not. Once again I will label this >->->->->-It's still a Kasumi under a hood-<-<-<-<.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Yet people like you simply do not realize it's a cover up. It's not new.

New moveset? Ok great. +1.

Design? Disappointed.

I dunno. I think it would be better if you got to KNOW the character and how she plays before spreading the Hater-ade. Unless of course it's Tengu. Nothing that ugly should be allowed to live.

I dunno. I think it would be better if you got to KNOW the character and how she plays before spreading the Hater-ade. Unless of course it's Tengu. Nothing that ugly should be allowed to live.

Once again. You seem to not read what I said at all. Let me break it down for you.

Ok so we wait till we found out how she plays? Ok and? Will waiting how she plays change how she looks? Will she have black hair? Will she be bald? Can she face swap to an Ayane?

She gets a new moveset. Great!, one step closer of not being a rehash to another character.

I think at this point we know TN took the lazy way out and just reused the Kasumi model and now the only thing we can really hope for is that they do something to make her tolerable as a new character even though it is a waste of a roster slot imo.

Once again. You seem to not read what I said at all. Let me break it down for you.

Ok so we wait till we found out how she plays? Ok and? Will waiting how she plays change how she looks? Will she have black hair? Will she be bald? Can she face swap to an Ayane?

There's a saying about books and covers that applies here. Plus there's no saying she won't change her appearance. Alpha-152 changed her entire color scheme.

She gets a new moveset. Great!, one step closer of not being a rehash to another character.

Just like how in the first two MK's, Mileena and Kitana were really just palette swaps of each other, as were Sub-Zero, Reptile and Scorpion.

There's a saying about books and covers that applies here. Plus there's no saying she won't change her appearance. Alpha-152 changed her entire color scheme.

Just like how in the first two MK's, Mileena and Kitana were really just palette swaps of each other, as were Sub-Zero, Reptile and Scorpion.

The pics are already up there. She has a default black hood and a white hooded version....But guess what's under the hood no matter how many costumes they throw in there. A Kasumi.

Alpha doesn't look exactly like Kasumi though.

If she will have future bikini DLCs..chances are they'll end up putting a bucket in her head to still try to do the cover up.

Back to Marie Rose -- looks like someone found out that the individual outfits are going to be $1.99 each, or you can buy them as a set.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/04/dead-alive-5-ultimates-marie-rose-will-dlc-costumes/

Good, so were done here. I was hoping for a comeback but most likely it finally reached your skull.

I think at this point we know TN took the lazy way out and just reused the Kasumi model and now the only thing we can really hope for is that they do something to make her tolerable as a new character even though it is a waste of a roster slot imo.

Indeed.

Good, so were done here. I was hoping for a comeback but most likely it finally reached your skull.

Indeed.

No, I just realized that arguing with you is like smashing my head against a brick wall. You don't accomplish anything and you end up with an awful headache. It's stupid to say that you hate a character based on the fact they look like Kasumi.

Oh, and I wanted to put to rest that you have to open an escrow account in order to buy Marie Rose and her five costumes.

Last edited:
No, I just realized that arguing with you is like smashing my head against a brick wall. You don't accomplish anything and you end up with an awful headache. It's stupid to say that you hate a character based on the fact they look like Kasumi.

Oh, and I wanted to put to rest that you have to open an escrow account in order to buy Marie Rose and her five costumes.

Oh right...says the one who complained about Leon & Bass when they are already in the game and the fact that they are original and don't look like anyone else. And I respect those Tengu supporters because he doesn't look like anyone else and he was original.

It isn't stupid. It's stupid for the fact they made it look like her. Also hating and dislike is two different things so do yourself a favor and remove the stick outta your ass and actually validate on something.

Oh right...says the one who complained about Leon & Bass when they are already in the game and the fact that they are original and don't look like anyone else. And I respect those Tengu supporters because he doesn't look like anyone else and he was original.

It isn't stupid. It's stupid for the fact they made it look like her. Also hating and dislike is two different things so do yourself a favor and remove the stick outta your ass and actually validate on something.
Please don't bother. Trying to argue with him is simply a wasted effort. The fact of the matter is that P4 is a girl with a figure he finds attractive. As such, he will defend her adamantly, regardless of hypocrisy.

It's a PLOT TWIST. Phase-4 may play prominently in DoA 6 like Alpha-152 did in THIS installment. For all we know, Alpha-152 may disappear completely in the next episode of this game.

Also, IIRC, we have tons of evil clones of characters in fighting games already.

Tengu original? *laughs* Jinpachi from Tekken anyone?

As for the figure of P-4, I won't know anything until we get that cloak off.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the figure of P4 will strongly resemble Kasumi's... -_-

clne.png

After all of the intense matches from SCR this weekend, it's only fitting that we are followed up with huge news pertaining to our game and community. Marie Rose is coming to consoles 3/25 on Playstation 3 and the 26th on Xbox 360. A 1.05 update is also planned, but little details are available for that.

Update 3/04: Marie Rose will be paid DLC. Her retail price is 5.99 USD. It should also be mentioned that the title update will be coupled with Lorelei.

Kasumi Alpha "Phase 4" is also planned to be released and she is only currently planned for arcades.

The following images provided by Team NINJA. Be sure to thank them (Twitter/Facebook) for their support!

*sniff* *sniff* my Grl is almost here

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD