Mass Effect: Andromeda Thread

P2p1mbs

I just heard that this game will be stand alone with no connections to the previous games or any future ME games. Sounds like an interesting move after the mess of 3's ending. I ok with this. Probably better off if this is true.

Argentus

I just heard that this game will be stand alone with no connections to the previous games or any future ME games. Sounds like an interesting move after the mess of 3's ending. I ok with this. Probably better off if this is true.

Kindasorta.

It's directly stated as an exploration team sent out as an emergency plan incase the reapers succeeded in wiping out the galaxy. a plan B, if you will.

Out of universe its because the writers of ME3 fucked up SO BAD they want to distance themselves from it. A LOT of distance.

The kindasorta being that its treated as if its the same galaxy anyway, so whatever.
ME2 and ME3 are now BC on Xbox One. So you can play the whole trilogy on Xbox One now.

Additionally, the ME:A website has been updated, with some sort of 'training';
https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative/training-hub

And a remote control Mako will be available
https://www.masseffect.com/buy/collectors-edition
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01M2CQ490/3535232-20/

the mako is awesome.

And that actually makes me wanna get an xbone.

P2p1mbs

Kindasorta.

It's directly stated as an exploration team sent out as an emergency plan incase the reapers succeeded in wiping out the galaxy. a plan B, if you will.

Out of universe its because the writers of ME3 fucked up SO BAD they want to distance themselves from it. A LOT of distance.

If they treated this like with the far cry games where each new game is technically a sequel but has a completely new story with little connection to the previous games, that would be a nice change of pace. It would mean that the conflict in each game is not some kind of galaxy wide threat all the time.

So long as each new game is completely different in terms of tone, setting and gameplay, this is a very good move for them.

Argentus

If they treated this like with the far cry games where each new game is technically a sequel but has a completely new story with little connection to the previous games, that would be a nice change of pace. It would mean that the conflict in each game is not some kind of galaxy wide threat all the time.

So long as each new game is completely different in terms of tone, setting and gameplay, this is a very good move for them.
I still don't like since there's literally SO MUCH they could still do in the original setting, that it feels like a copout to say "okay different galaxy", especially since it's still the same races, tech, etc, etc.

P2p1mbs

I still don't like since there's literally SO MUCH they could still do in the original setting, that it feels like a copout to say "okay different galaxy", especially since it's still the same races, tech, etc, etc.

Nothing is stopping them from releasing a future game still set in the milky way during a different time period. Like a prequel set in the first contact war. Or they can go the halo odst route and release a game set during the main games from someone else's perspective.

Argentus

So, it's just protheans with two eyes and a smaller head. Gotcha. (Haven't watched the vid, just the thumbnail)

P2p1mbs

Gameplay Trailer is out;

Looks like this time around, both Scott and Sarah Ryder will share an equal amount of face time in the promotion for the game unlike the previous series which was all male shepard. Thats a welcome change. I hope all future series set int he universe follow this format, even if Scott Ryder's default design is just as generic as John Shepard.

Between this and the game's story deliberately avoiding referencing me3, Bioware seems to REALLY want to make it up to the fans for the disappointing ending.

Argentus

Looks like this time around, both Scott and Sarah Ryder will share an equal amount of face time in the promotion for the game unlike the previous series which was all male shepard. Thats a welcome change. I hope all future series set int he universe follow this format, even if Scott Ryder's default design is just as generic as John Shepard.

Between this and the game's story deliberately avoiding referencing me3, Bioware seems to REALLY want to make it up to the fans for the disappointing ending.
to be fair that's because last time Femshep was just a toss in, essentially. Maleshep was modeled after an actual person while femshep was just the crappy npc generator.

havent watched the vid yet, but any news of quarians? Be kinda stupid to not include THE race known for wandering and traveling.

Argentus

Watch the vids and find out.
I'll take that as something to look forward to when I get off work then

*comes back*

okay so still no hint of quarians. Nothing to take away from that 4 minute video except "you craft your gear" and "stole batman's Detective Vision gimmick"

I'm still getting it, but literally nothing about this game has me excited at all. And I LOVED the first 3 games.

Last edited:

Argentus

Showcasing the new Hub station, which is basically still The Citadel. It's literally a "Mini-Citadel".

NightAntilli

I'll take that as something to look forward to when I get off work then

*comes back*

okay so still no hint of quarians. Nothing to take away from that 4 minute video except "you craft your gear" and "stole batman's Detective Vision gimmick"

I'm still getting it, but literally nothing about this game has me excited at all. And I LOVED the first 3 games.
They're purposefully not saying much. They want to avoid false promises, don't want to say something that doesn't make the cut or needed to be changed, they don't want to spoil the game like they did ME2 and so on. If you want to spare half an hour;

UpSideDownGRUNT

Release date got announced.

21st March 2017
Screenshot_2017-01-04-18-30-24.png

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
About time. I was quite sick of seeing the amount of days I had to wait to download the game since it originally had 300+ days or something.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Yeah, turns out that leakfrom monthsago was right after all, as long as they dont have to delay it last minute like DICE did with Mirrors Edge

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD