Mass Effect: Andromeda Thread

Argentus

Because whoever was the voice actor for male Shepard sucked.
I feel the other way. Maybe because i played male firstbut i felt like male shep voice was wayyy better than female. Female sounded to blase, like she didnt care about anythibge.

Also male shep sounded better as paragon while femshep sounded better renegade.

I always liked Tali but even when I played a male character, I didnt like the fact that she canonically had a crush on him; I always saw her as a little sister type character (like Mission from KOTOR) so the idea of romancing her always creeped me out

I'm sure she is also still the MOST popular LI in the series. After all, she was the first LI to be romancable for both genders. She was actually my main LI for my MALE shep (my female shep's LI was Kelly, in the playthrus when I didn't get her killed :(). I think the main issue most people had for her was how the story made it a point of putting her in the spotlight sooooooo much; first there was the Redemption comics which turned her into a superhero, then there was Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC, then the fact that the third game treated her as if she was Shepard's best friend by maikng her a default flashback when Shepard dies in the original endings.

Personally, I still like her as a LI but what really annoys me about her is how UNBEARABLY WHINNY she was during the Thessia mission; we get it, bitch, your home is being destroyed, you're not the only one in the team to have this happen to your homeworld!!

How can you NOT hate the guy? He was the least developed squaddie and the most stereotypical of all of them, loco.

This is true. In me 1 as male shepard the options were either ashley (ugly racist bitch), or Liara (blue naive stoner girl). I remember thinking "what about the cute engineer girl i always take on missions with garrus? Cant i have her instead?"

Also yeah liara being pushed as shepards bestie was weird since its tali and garrus who are shepards long time and closest teammates by virtue of being the only ones in all three games. They are THE mass effect squadmates.

NightAntilli

I remember BioWare mentioning that they weren't really sure if people were going to like the alien romance thing. So for the first game they kept it basic, humans, and the species that can literally mate with all other species. People gave feedback that they wouldn't mind, so they pursued it in the other games.

Liara was also in all the games. She was initially very barren in ME2, but the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC made her one of the most iconic characters for a lot of people. That DLC is a must play. And well, Liara was pivotal in assisting Cerberus to allow Shepard to get resurrected. Without Liara, there would be no Mass Effect 2 nor 3 as we know it, since Shepard would be dead lol.

Crazy_Chin_Guy

Premium Donor
Who?

Jk I remember him but mostly because one play through I tried at every opportunity to romance him and the asshole just kept ignoring me!
The guy looks and acts like Kanye West.
IMG_9584.JPG

Jadeinchains

The guy looks and acts like Kanye West.
View attachment 22398

I swear Cerberus has some strange executives since both Miranda and Jacob are like full on skin tight, That can't be comfortable to wear 24/7... I like them and their outfits though lol! XD Even though they both have their obnoxious moments.

Also being serious for a second lol out of all the squad mates I'd say the most memorable to me is Garrus, Garrus is 100% best in the series. 10/10 would virtual **** again. Also Tali is amazing so agreed @Argentus I'd probably pick her over Liara for who I prefer... just don't show her face since she's cuter with the mystery.

Also In general I'm keeping an eye on Mass Effect Andromeda since I've been a fan since the first game and from what I've seen It's amazing looking.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Wonder if they'll go with the DLC character route again. You guys remember Javik from the DLC From Ashes? - I thought he was eh alright somewhat. I still remember his "throw it out the airlock" memes scattered across the internet.

Jadeinchains

Wonder if they'll go with the DLC character route again. You guys remember Javik from the DLC From Ashes? - I thought he was eh alright somewhat. I still remember his "throw it out the airlock" memes scattered across the internet.

*Sighs* My main problem with E.A is that type of stuff and yeah I'm fully expecting it, day one dlc and pre order from 15 different places for different recolored weapon skins and outfits etc, I didn't get Javik and chances are I wouldn't get what ever character they did for this If they did. I expect dlc though.

@Chapstick you love the DA series but since ME Is their other big series what about it? You too @Tyaren.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Chapstick you love the DA series but since ME Is their other big series what about it? You too @Tyaren.

What about what? o . O
I've never played a Mass Effect before. The older games looked pretty linear and also like a third person shooter. Not very attractive to me.
I already asked in the RPG thread what the planets that you visit are like...but no one cared to answer. :/

I never played a Mass Effect, how open and explorable are these planets that you are visiting?

Jadeinchains

What about what? o . O
I've never played a Mass Effect before. The older games looked pretty linear and also like a third person shooter. Not very attractive to me.
I already asked in the RPG thread what the planets that you visit are like...but no one cared to answer. :/

Okay I'll go more into detail over in the role playing thread but for here I'll say you should try them out, There's sadly not many going off the rails moments in the games ( which is strange considering the setting of exploring multiple star systems but oh well. Hopefully this new games seems to be changing that. The games have got amazing settings though even if it is linear and they should be pretty cheap, I'd say me2 is my favourite but It's best to play them all, This new one is setting up a different story though so I think it would be a good place to get on. They are very shooting heavy though and that is the main of the gameplay so maybe the game play would just turn you away to much?

Chapstick

I never played any ME games except a little bit of ME2 back when PS+ had a timed trial of it. Shooters aren't really my thing with the exceptions of Tomb Raider and Uncharted but I'm somewhat interested in checking out the upcoming ME game

Jadeinchains

I never played any ME games except a little bit of ME2 back when PS+ had a timed trial of it. Shooters aren't really my thing with the exceptions of Tomb Raider and Uncharted but I'm somewhat interested in checking out the upcoming ME game

I think you might enjoy the new games and especially the new one that's coming out, It looks like it's implementing the open world features from DA:I and the series has always had a lot of variety between locations and characters, It has a lot of the same stuff as the DA series like being able to make different choices and romancing the characters.

P2p1mbs

Guys what about the most memorable squad mate, Jacob?

I never liked him and never romanced him but when I learned that he cheats on Shepard if he was romanced made me absolutely HATE him to the point where I used a save editor to alter most of my me3 saves so that he died. And in the few saves i have with him still alive, i avoid inviting him to the citadel dlc party.

Andromeda needs more same sex romance options too

Isn't it confirmed that all potential LIs are available for both genders?

UpSideDownGRUNT

Isn't it confirmed that all potential LIs are available for both genders?
If thats true, that'd be cool, making them all Bi/Pan is probably the best way to go about it.

I personally wont be looking for Space D but, I'd hate to be locked out from romancing a squadmate just because I'm FemRyder.

NightAntilli

For the ones even mildly interested in trying Mass Effect, I'll just put it like IGN did in one of their reviews;

The Mass Effect trilogy should be experienced by every self-respecting gamer, regardless of genre or platform preferences, it's just that good.

And if you start with Mass Effect 1, like you should, don't give up after one hour... It starts off slow. Give it a bit longer, 4 hours at least.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD