Mass Effect: Andromeda Thread

Argentus

New gameplay video;

Most notable aspect;
You can change your class at any time, likely at a certain cost.
that's actually kinda lame. Part of the replay value is playing different classes. Takes away from "Committing to choices" theme of mass effect.

NightAntilli

A good breakdown of the trailer;

that's actually kinda lame. Part of the replay value is playing different classes. Takes away from "Committing to choices" theme of mass effect.
Well... I guess they want to tackle the fact that pretty much everyone only played soldier, and the rest of the classes were left in the dust;

18ie6sg7gatq8jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Argentus

A good breakdown of the trailer;

Well... I guess they want to tackle the fact that pretty much everyone only played soldier, and the rest of the classes were left in the dust;

18ie6sg7gatq8jpg.jpg

i will never understand Liara's popularity. And I blame Tali's low ranking on the fact that she's only available for the second halves of 2 and 3.

Also how the fuck did over 60% not have Wrex alive?! You have to put serious effort into getting him to actually die!

UpSideDownGRUNT

Just playing the game without importing a save automatically assumes Wrex is dead tbf.

I can't believe only 18% played FemShep though...

P2p1mbs

Just playing the game without importing a save automatically assumes Wrex is dead tbf.

I always felt that NOT importing a save from the first game is the wrong way to play. Then again, most ps3 and all wiiu players probably couldn't import such a save.

The fact that most people only used a male Shepard doesn't really surprise me but it's still very disappointing if only because Jennifer Hale's performance in the series is really good and she doesn't get much recognition for the role since not everyone heard it. Still, I'm sure people who played thru with both genders would agree her performance as Shepard was better than Meer's. I certainly did. I'm glad that Bioware is making both genders of Ryder a part of the story regardless of which you choose and this time, promotion of the game will feature both genders. Maybe this time, I'll use a male character as my main unlike the previous games.

Argentus

I can. Almost impossible to make a decent looking femshep. No matter what shell gave that extreme Simpsons overbite. And to boot the voice actress just phones it in, jennifer hale just sounds bored, with no weight to any of her lines. Sounds like she just showed up to get her check and didnt care. Every line from her sounded like a bored sigh.

I always felt that NOT importing a save from the first game is the wrong way to play. Then again, most ps3 and all wiiu players probably couldn't import such a save.

The fact that most people only used a male Shepard doesn't really surprise me but it's still very disappointing if only because Jennifer Hale's performance in the series is really good and she doesn't get much recognition for the role since not everyone heard it. Still, I'm sure people who played thru with both genders would agree her performance as Shepard was better than Meer's. I certainly did. I'm glad that Bioware is making both genders of Ryder a part of the story regardless of which you choose and this time, promotion of the game will feature both genders. Maybe this time, I'll use a male character as my main unlike the previous games.
disagree, for the above reasons.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Quite hilarious that people are actually complaining about gender usage numbers. If you like the femShep, pick it. If you like maleShep, pick it. Why does it matter? Looks is completely understandable, though that's about it.

P2p1mbs

I can. Almost impossible to make a decent looking femshep. No matter what shell gave that extreme Simpsons overbite. And to boot the voice actress just phones it in, jennifer hale just sounds bored, with no weight to any of her lines. Sounds like she just showed up to get her check and didnt care. Every line from her sounded like a bored sigh.

To me, she sounded like she cared way more than Meer ever did, he sounded like he was hurrying thru every line he said just to finish his recording sessions. He sounds better as a vorcha.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Quite hilarious that people are actually complaining about gender usage numbers. If you like the femShep, pick it. If you like maleShep, pick it. Why does it matter? Looks is completely understandable, though that's about it.
Complain? I was just shocked it was so low, especially since Jennifer Hale is mostly known for her role as FemShep these days.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Complain? I was just shocked it was so low, especially since Jennifer Hale is mostly known for her role as FemShep these days.

Not sure why you would be shocked by that. It's a big world. Was mostly towards Argentus but because of a lead role that shouldn't have an incredible influence to things since people don't usually look them up. You'd be surprised at how people would go "Oh! I didn't know that. I beat the game already before finding this out." etc etc.

If it was a gameplay changing aspect besides relationship, I'd be shocked.

Argentus

Not sure why you would be shocked by that. It's a big world. Was mostly towards Argentus but because of a lead role that shouldn't have an incredible influence to things since people don't usually look them up. You'd be surprised at how people would go "Oh! I didn't know that. I beat the game already before finding this out." etc etc.

If it was a gameplay changing aspect besides relationship, I'd be shocked.

how/why was that directed towards me? Nobody was complaining about protagonist gender usage, we were discussing the disbelief that so few used femshep over maleshep. I mean I'm surprised it's that LOW, but I can easily see why femshep was the lesser used. plus Vandershep can have an actually unique face, unlike femsheps which are stuck with the default npc mix-n-match, so that's another reason I can see people picking male over fem. Then taking into considering romance options.

P2p1mbs

plus Vandershep can have an actually unique face, unlike femsheps which are stuck with the default npc mix-n-match, so that's another reason I can see people picking male over fem.

While it is true that Sheploo was modeled after a real guy, its not like they just used a random face for the default female, they did, after all make it a point of creating a unique new model for her for ME3 because people wanted her to have more face time in the marketing.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
how/why was that directed towards me? Nobody was complaining about protagonist gender usage, we were discussing the disbelief that so few used femshep over maleshep. I mean I'm surprised it's that LOW, but I can easily see why femshep was the lesser used. plus Vandershep can have an actually unique face, unlike femsheps which are stuck with the default npc mix-n-match, so that's another reason I can see people picking male over fem. Then taking into considering romance options.

The issue here is that people are actually making statistics between FemShep and MaleShep. Dragon Age series are a good example of this where it's entirely irrelevant to think about such things with the only difference is character interaction and relationship that has a requirement based on gender. Mass Effect is one of the series where it does not fall into this category as much. You either pick the sex you like or don't. People should be glad there is at least a gender option open.

Now why is this a surprise for anyone to be low? or surprised for it to be an actual thing? - Unless Mass Effect specifically explains reasons as to why people should pick MaleShep/FemShep over the other, this isn't exciting news nor something that requires one to throw a cat out the window.

"FemShep is lower than Male! HOW! / MaleShape is now lower than FemShep? WHY!?" - apparently this is a thing. -Somehow-.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
That shouldn't be a surprise though. Have you guys heard of the other VAs besides male Shepard within the game? especially ME3 because some in there were hilarious and ear bending to some degree. NPCs+Main character along with bad dialogue interaction to some of the members on the team with other characters.

P2p1mbs

I always liked Tali but even when I played a male character, I didnt like the fact that she canonically had a crush on him; I always saw her as a little sister type character (like Mission from KOTOR) so the idea of romancing her always creeped me out

hatred for Liara

I'm sure she is also still the MOST popular LI in the series. After all, she was the first LI to be romancable for both genders. She was actually my main LI for my MALE shep (my female shep's LI was Kelly, in the playthrus when I didn't get her killed :(). I think the main issue most people had for her was how the story made it a point of putting her in the spotlight sooooooo much; first there was the Redemption comics which turned her into a superhero, then there was Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC, then the fact that the third game treated her as if she was Shepard's best friend by maikng her a default flashback when Shepard dies in the original endings.

Personally, I still like her as a LI but what really annoys me about her is how UNBEARABLY WHINNY she was during the Thessia mission; we get it, bitch, your home is being destroyed, you're not the only one in the team to have this happen to your homeworld!!

hatred for Vega

How can you NOT hate the guy? He was the least developed squaddie and the most stereotypical of all of them, loco.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Mass Effect has a very vocal minority. All you hear about is Femshep, Tali, hatred for Liara, hatred for Vega, ME3 being the worst game and ME2 being the best one.
The numbers tell a different story.

Unfortunately, according to the thread, we are bound to stererotypic direction. It even has Aliens to romance with. How completely new!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD