"May the bells of good fortune give her 10 good moves" Top 10 moves

Omegan Eckhart

I don't think Helena is terrible, just not good and has nothing going for her. She can still win, because the stun system and guessing, but I have a feeling the more advanced people get at DOA5 the more characters like her will suffer.

The bit in red is what bothers me, it just isn't true. She has a lot of things going for her, it's just unfortunate that she has some problems that overshadow other stuff. She really does have some good stuff, easy launchers, great crushes, godly side step attacks. I'd suggest focusing on that for now. Hopefully the patch will bring some stuff that will satisfy all the Helena players who are distraught by her in her current state... (everyone but me lol)

DR2K

The bit in red is what bothers me, it just isn't true. She has a lot of things going for her, it's just unfortunate that she has some problems that overshadow other stuff. She really does have some good stuff, easy launchers, great crushes, godly side step attacks. I'd suggest focusing on that for now. Hopefully the patch will bring some stuff that will satisfy all the Helena players who are distraught by her in her current state... (everyone but me lol)

I can win with her no issues, but I really do feel it's just my opponent not knowing her than my tools beating theirs.

KwonJigglypuff

Yeah I feel the same. I think I win, just because people don't know her (or DOA) yet. It's like Brad in DOA3. At first I thought he was very good because he was impredictable. But then...

I'm afraid soon, when 'new' players will know how she works and what her problems are, it will be harder to win.

Doug Nguyen

I wanna bring back this thread again. I liked where it was going, but we need more good moves..............if she even has any. But my favorites are.

1. 8P- Great for stunning since it last a long time.
2. 3K- Good for continuing a stun, since most people expect a middle punch.
3. 33P4P of course. Good range and great for reaching CB.
4. 8PP2P- Most dont expect the low P so afterwards instinctually they mid counter or low, so i normally go for a 9K.

PJudge

Not so much related to the thread, but I see it mentioned a lot in regards to Helena, what's a 3in1? It's probably not what I think it is at all.

Raansu

Not so much related to the thread, but I see it mentioned a lot in regards to Helena, what's a 3in1? It's probably not what I think it is at all.

A natural combo, or a string that can't be held out of. Helena for example has one where the last kick becomes unholdable if the second punch stuns.

shinryu

Typically in Helena context it's the 236p+k or similar, the spinny three chop BKO entry. I think the one you're talking about is a 2 in 1 natural combo if it's what I'm thinking of (236pkp?). Might be thinking of the wrong thing though.

E-Mann

Hmm top 10 moves eh? Well for me personally they would be.........

1. 236p - non crushable high attack with safe follow ups. Sometimes retracks.

2. 8p same as above all follow ups track and can go back-turned.

3. 33p I think you guys already know about this one LOL (lift stun)

4. BKOT-sets up a variety of force techs.

5. BKO2K- low sweep from the heavens. ;3

6. pp- retracks and can go back turned.

7. 1k- all follow ups track and can go into BKO or back turned.

8. BKOp+k mid and high crusher(rarely used though). :/

9. 33p4p you guys already know LOL. Safe and creates the almighty blender.

10. My personal favorite 214p+k goes into BKO and opponent is put into sit-down stun <33333

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Reading this thread from the first page, it's amazing how people completely underestimated this character's super cheap tools.

Mind boggling amount of ridiculous crushes, deep stuns, mid-low mixups and BKO.

Zack117

Standard Donor
Thanks a lot for the instructions!
Only now mid attacks that hit low can not be evaded.
I've always thought a mid attack is supposed to hit mid and low attacks are supposed to hit low. Did I miss something here?

Thanks a lot for the instructions!

I've always thought a mid attack is supposed to hit mid and low attacks are supposed to hit low. Did I miss something here?
Some attacks does a vertical arc that will touch the ground. For example, Helena's BKO :6::P:, and all of Ryu's up teleport mid attacks. In which, Helena's BKO duck which can duck mids will not work in this case.

KwonJigglypuff

I know (charged) BKP_4P+K is very predictable and hard to use during a fight, but it's so satisfying to use it on guard and follow up with whatever. It's on my subjective TOP 10.

Pictured Mind

BT T - Perfection. :helena:
33P - Epic crush and lift stun hype.
33P4P - Stun level two just for crushing some shit + BKO force tech follow ups when used as an ender.
1K - Force tech game + can go into BT and has two follow ups.
BKO T - Big damage.
BKO 2K - Make people fall on their face like no tomorrow.
236PKP - I have no idea why this is safe, but I'll take it (read: "but I'll spam it").
8P - Stun extender or do a second p and go BT.
3KKK and KKK - Delay + you never know if it's mid or high, lol.

Whoever thinks this character does not have good moves has no idea what they're talking about.

AsheMann21

1. 214P+K - Lovely move that puts the opponent into SDS
2. 33P4P - A good entry into BKO that crushes
3. 214T - I like the guaranteed 6PPP
4. BT T - Have so much fun messing with people
5. BKO 6P4PP - Wonderful blender, a monster at walls
6. BKO 2K - Sweep the floor with everybody
7. 2H+K - I like this entry into BKO
8. 8PP - People don't see this string coming
9. 1PPK - Nice string that lets me go into either BT or BKO
10. SS K - People don't see this coming until they fall face first on the ground

Honourable mention: BKO duck - ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Zack117

Standard Donor
I'm currently struggling with her BKO Throw. It just doesn't connect, even though I manage to duck under the attacks of my opponent. Their high strikes always seem to ignore my ducking throw and hit me out of my animation. AFAIK throws should connect when the opponent's hits are not in their active frame state.

Any advice?

Zack117

Standard Donor
I'm currently struggling with her BKO Throw. It just doesn't connect, even though I manage to duck under the attacks of my opponent. Their high strikes always seem to ignore my ducking throw and hit me out of my animation. AFAIK throws should connect when the opponent's hits are not in their active frame state.

Any advice?
Nevermind. I've realized that you cannot grab your opponent while he is striking... should've considered taking a second look at the triangle system.

What are you guys using for whiff punishing while BKO ducking the high/mid strings of the opponent? I've found myself using BKO 6PP more than often in such cases, as well as just a sweeping 2K. I wonder if this is a good idea, but it served me well so far.

ninjaguy446

Nevermind. I've realized that you cannot grab your opponent while he is striking... should've considered taking a second look at the triangle system.

What are you guys using for whiff punishing while BKO ducking the high/mid strings of the opponent? I've found myself using BKO 6PP more than often in such cases, as well as just a sweeping 2K. I wonder if this is a good idea, but it served me well so far.
After you BKO duck people I always go for BKO 6P4P to go into BT stuff (BT T, BT 4P, BT 4P+K, BT P, BT 2H+K). You could go for the sweep but I normally don't since if they're still pressing buttons then they'll fall down. You can also do BKO 6PP like you're doing. Or just BKO 6P if they start holding the second hit.

Omegan Eckhart

I tend to use BKO P+K after ducking and causing the opponent to whiff. At i19 it's not fast but it gives an instant launch and it has surprising good crush properties after ducking mid string.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD