Mila Match Videos

mpgeist

Standard Donor
I got wrecked by a guy playing Hayate. I don't know this match up very well. It felt like I couldnt punish anything he did on block. If anyone feels like watching and giving me some tips I would appreciate it.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I dunno how the latency is but a fair bit of Hayate's shit can be punished (usually by a fav of mine, 6T). His 6PP, 3H+KKP, 66KKK, etc. When Hayate is at range, he will try to attack with 3H+KKP (most Hayates don't usually finish the string), 214PPP (not shown in this match), 66KKK, or wind-dash shenanigans. 3H+K & 214PP are most common because of the free cancel capability. More advanced Hayates will make use of pure movement and footsies instead of his tired gimmicks.

This Hayate player chose to abuse his gimmicks and tossed in 6T throws whenever he could. An option would be to block his nonsense such as 3H+KKP, or 66KKK then punish with a 6T mix-up (as opposed to punishing 6PP or 66KKK with strikes). Be careful with Mila's 3H+K in close because it is slow and can be intercepted easily. Hayate's lows suck so there won't be much need to try and low crush anything. In terms of speed, Mila and Hayate are both i10/i12/i14 from neutral. The only thing to worry about is Hayate's evasive options like his special sidestep Mid P (which wasn't really used here). Fighting Hayate in close is perfectly fine for the most part. When in close, just use PP, 6P, 2P, 1P, 1P+K or 6K (with the occasional 3K's, 1H+K~s or the like).

mpgeist

Standard Donor
Having a bad week with DoA...Got wrecked left and right online today and I recorded the destruction! Use this video as insight for what NOT to do.

mpgeist

Standard Donor
Man, I think I'd pay money to get an hour with Something-Unique and get taught stuff.

MajesticBlue

It is true. Worst anybody can say is no. I have had to ask for help quite a few times. Heck I wouldn't have even met half my good friends if it wasn't for taking up a strangers offer on learning Doa.

While it can be kinda awkward or rough getting turned down (is this dating or fighting game advice I will never know lol.) You never know what you can learn till you try! Just because you can't find a teacher doesn't give you an excuse to neglect your studies though.

Use all the tools you can. That is what they are there for. Besides. Anybody who would make fun of you for it isn't worth your time. Good players are people too. We all wanna keep learning and trying our best. Who looks down on that?

This is a problem with our community. People feel like asking for help is bad. It should always be encouraged.

Last edited:

Gurimmjaw

Eh maybe, he'll probably just wonder why I'm trying to waste his time with peasant Mila's lol.
Im sure he wouldn't mind helping you out. Does not hurt to ask especially if the person you want to ask for help very knowledgeable on the character.

For my character Jann Lee I had to ask Ryujin for help since I was lost but now better since he shares a lot of his Jann Lee knowledge with me.

So if you want help for your character just ask him. All you have to do.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Im sure he wouldn't mind helping you out. Does hurt to ask especially if the person you want to ask for help very knowledgeable on the character.

For my character Jann Lee I had to ask Ryujin for help since I was lost but now better since he shares a lot of his Jann Lee knowledge with me :)

So if you want help for your character just ask him. All you have to do.

Lol, we all got mentors don't we? ;)

Also this match is bloody fantastic, thanks for sharing! :D

Here's a great match. Shin_Ryujin vs Something-Unique.

Gurimmjaw

Lol, we all got mentors don't we? ;)

Also this match is bloody fantastic, thanks for sharing! :D

Indeed we do lol. That how we learn afterall.

And yes that match is awesome. I have watched it 3 times already lol.. Will share more I find of more Mila play. Found this match on YouTube and just had to share this epic match.

Hurricane Rev

Here's a great match. Shin_Ryujin vs Something-Unique.

I'm not trying to be a downer or anything but can I someone please explain to me why that Match was Great? To me, the match was alright and they were pretty much spacing each other out throughout the match. The last round was close but overall, the match was ok.

No one was rushing anyone down and there were quite a few times where Something-Unique could have grabbed the Jann Lee player a lot more. It would have been better if he rushed down the Jann Lee player more, seeing how the Jann Lee player was playing defensive.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be a downer or anything. But that's my opinion.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I'm not trying to be a downer or anything but can I someone please explain to me why that Match was Great? To me, the match was alright and they were pretty much spacing each other out throughout the match. The last round was close but overall, the match was ok.

No one was rushing anyone down and there were quite a few times where Something-Unique could have grabbed the Jann Lee player a lot more. It would have been better if he rushed down the Jann Lee player more, seeing how the Jann Lee player was playing defensive.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be a downer or anything. But that's my opinion.

What made this match great was that it emphasized an element of DOA that gets overlooked WAY too often, the neutral game. What you see as simply "spacing each other out", I see an excellent display of footsies, feeling each other out, trying to get damage when it's "safe" to do so, and respect for one another's abilities.

If you have seen or played RyuJin before, you'd know that his defensive ability is top-notch. Good Ein, Ayane and Jann Lee players will possess good footsies and keep-out capability, or they will fall against solid opposition. What do you think would have happened if Something-Unique "rushed" in on RyuJin? He would have gotten blown up and would've probably lost the match.

These two guys were making their shots count when the situation called for it and were spacing each other when the situation called for it or suited the particular strategy (that RyuJin was implementing fairly well here). Mila's damage output is VERY high in DOA5U, I know how much she can fuck you up if you let her, so a good counterbalance to that is to keep her out of arms reach when you can like RyuJin was doing. SU knows that SRJ's defense is strong so he'll have to combat that with patience of his own.

IMHO the RyuJin/Something-Unique match was miles more entertaining to watch than the average online match because it looked like something more than each opponent just rushing each other, mashing buttons and constantly trying to setup high damage situations with no regards for the neutral game.

This is good shit right here.

Hurricane Rev

Oh that's fair enough. If that match was about neutral game, then that match is good in that aspect. The neutral game is definitely an aspect in DOA but it's not the only aspect in the game. If anything, there was a bit Too Much neutral game. Also, if it was about the neutral game, then howcomes Something-Unique didn't use P+K while the opponent is in the air, to get a guaranteed ground throw? Can't you do it on Jann Lee or was he going for mix ups after he did 2p while the opponent is in the air? I wouldn't say their footsies were excellent in that match but it was good though. I kinda wish he was a bit more offensive, seeing how Mila is a rush down character. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should attack all the time but to me, you should balance it out IMO.

I don't really know or played Ryujin and there's no doubt that he is a good player. But he was playing defensive in that match and I'm sure Something-Unique could have mixed him up easily, if he played it correctly. I'm assuming Ryujin and Something-Unique are on PS3?

I haven't been playing DOA recently but I need to get myself back into this game and blow the dust off of my Mila. I'm willing to help anyone who is new to Mila. Just ask me anything that you want to know or learn about her and I would be happy to help anyone out

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Oh that's fair enough. If that match was about neutral game, then that match is good in that aspect. The neutral game is definitely an aspect in DOA but it's not the only aspect in the game. If anything, there was a bit Too Much neutral game. Also, if it was about the neutral game, then howcomes Something-Unique didn't use P+K while the opponent is in the air, to get a guaranteed ground throw? Can't you do it on Jann Lee or was he going for mix ups after he did 2p while the opponent is in the air? I wouldn't say their footsies were excellent in that match but it was good though. I kinda wish he was a bit more offensive, seeing how Mila is a rush down character. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should attack all the time but to me, you should balance it out IMO.

I don't really know or played Ryujin and there's no doubt that he is a good player. But he was playing defensive in that match and I'm sure Something-Unique could have mixed him up easily, if he played it correctly. I'm assuming Ryujin and Something-Unique are on PS3?

I haven't been playing DOA recently but I need to get myself back into this game and blow the dust off of my Mila.

That has nothing to do with the neutral game. That is character tech. The Neutral game pertains to the points in a fight where both characters are at "neutral" ("0" frames) and are feeling each other out to attempt to gain an advantage over the other, or simply to control space. Focusing on character tech too much or forced combo setups is not an optimal way to approach DOA. Fundamentals are more important. Their footsies were actually quite solid for the most part.

Gurimmjaw

I kinda wish he was a bit more offensive, seeing how Mila is a rush down character. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should attack all the time but to me, you should balance it out IMO.

The only problem with that if he did try to rush down RyuJin, then he would had capitalized on SU. What SU did was smart and didn't go in recklessly cause he knows what Jann Lee can do when you to try to get in(66k, 236P, etc). So SU was patient and against a character like Jann Lee you have to be patient.

Ryujin knows what MIla is capable of and don't think SU could mix him up easily either. Ryujin has excellent defense. Both are great players and yes both of them are on PS3. Have not ever played Something-Unique though, but I play Ryujin a lot.

But I guess we will agree or disagree some stuff regarding this. I however really appreciated this match.

Last edited:

Hurricane Rev

That has nothing to do with the neutral game. That is character tech. The Neutral game pertains to the points in a fight where both characters are at "neutral" ("0" frames) and are feeling each other out to attempt to gain an advantage over the other, or simply to control space. Focusing on character tech too much or forced combo setups is not an optimal way to approach DOA. Fundamentals are more important. Their footsies were actually quite solid for the most part.

Oh, My fault. I slightly loss the meaning of neutral lool. But what you said was true and I agree with you. I'm not saying its the right way to focus too much on your characters tech or your forced combo set ups. Like I said before, there needs to be some kind of balance when playing with her.

The only problem with that if he did try to rush down RyuJin, then he would had capitalized on SU. What SU did was smart and didn't go in recklessly cause he knows what Jann Lee can do when you to try to get in(66k, 236P, etc). So SU was patient and against a character like Jann Lee you have to be patient.

Ryujin knows what MIla is capable of and don't think SU could mix him up easily either. Ryujin has excellent defense. Both are great players and yes both of them are on PS3. Have not ever played Something-Unique though, but I play Ryujin a lot.

But I guess we will agree or disagree some stuff regarding this. I however really appreciated this match.

What you said was true and maybe these two played each other before. Spacing/footsies is important when playing with Mila, especially fighting against certain characters like Jann Lee, Helena, Christie and etc. So SU and Ryujin spacing each other out is understandable and its smart.

I guess everyone has their own ways of playing and thanks for the info by the way. I'll be sure to play and talk to them when I get the chance.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Found in the media section recently.

Mila vs Helena MU sample
(Off topic, but is that a soccer uniform...? Well, guess that's another thing I have in common with Mila other than our birthday month XD).

Tag Team match sample

Situational Power Blow combo:

More Mila Mirrors

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD