Momiji Combo Thread

Saber

Fancy-looking, but not optimized. Tenku Throw > 3P4P > 6PKK~P (or H+K > 6PKK~P) still does more damage and you'll only be -1 if they tech roll, otherwise you can tech them up easily if they still choose to stay there.

For the above, 1PK doesn't work because the opponent has invincibility frames once landed on the ground. It's one of the main reasons why the FT game is largely gone, and why characters with ground bounces in their juggles are one of the few that have a true okizeme game.

44P8PP/K is not a good relauncher in juggle because there are better options out there. 8P, 44P (by itself), 6P+K (near walls) and 66K are far superior options because it's all about ending with 6PKK~P/K.

HitomiMaster

Actually, I was trying it out, and I can't land the :1::P::K:, even on a non-teching AI. Maybe I'm just screwing up my inputs.

That said, using :4::4::P::8::P::K: opens up opportunities for multiple different enders based on position. :P::P::P::P: and :3::P::4::P::P: for wall/environment hazards, :6::P::K::P: for floor options.
The :1::P::K: should hit. I always do that combo online.
Yea, if you do :4::4::P::8::P::K: you should have more options, but I do :4::4::P::8::P::P: because I might be able to follow up after the force tech.

Xernuht

The :1::P::K: should hit. I always do that combo online.
Yea, if you do :4::4::P::8::P::K: you should have more options, but I do :4::4::P::8::P::P: because I might be able to follow up after the force tech.

I see the problem. Online changes everything, and not in a good way.

Fancy-looking, but not optimized. Tenku Throw > 3P4P > 6PKK~P (or H+K > 6PKK~P) still does more damage and you'll only be -1 if they tech roll, otherwise you can tech them up easily if they still choose to stay there.

44P8PP/K is not a good relauncher in juggle because there are better options out there. 8P, 44P (by itself), 6P+K (near walls) and 66K are far superior options because it's all about ending with 6PKK~P/K.

Interesting. I'd forgotten about H+K's relaunching ability. Time to go back to the lab.

KING JAIMY

Hey! I have found some tech and most of it isn't posted yet. :)

What do you guys think of these CB combos with launchers that hit the opponent in the back?
CB set-up example: KP - 6P - 3P
Don't have the DMG output unfortunately but I know for sure CB follow-up #2 is max damage, I tested that.
The rest of the combos is pretty much style points I guess.

1. CB! - Free step (22) - On opponent's back 214P - BT 4PP - 3P4PP

2. CB! - Free step (22) - On opponent's back 214P - BT K - 6PKKP (MAX DAMAGE!) :momiji:

3. CB! - Free step (22) - On opponent's back 214P - BT P - 3P4P - 3P4PP

4. CB! - Free step (22) - On opponent's back 214P - BT P - 6PK - PPP4P

5. CB! - Free step (22) - On opponent's back 214P - BT 2P - 6PKKP

6. CB! - Free step (88) - On opponent's back 6H+K - 44P8PK - 3P4PP

7. CB! - Free step (88) - On opponent's back 6H+K - H+K - 6PKKP

I also have sample wall combos for you guys! ;)

8. 3PP - 6P+K - 6PKKK

9. 3PP - 6P+K - 3P4PP

10. 6PP - 44P - 6PKKK

11. 6PP - 44P - 3P4PP

Also I recommend if you launch someone and you can finish it at the wall, I recommend using Tenku P+K (non-charge) instead of Tenku K. So for example: 33P - 6PKKP+K instead of 33P - 6PKKK. It does about 2 points more damage. Highly recommended if you have a high launch so that: 1) You won't risk whiffing Tenku K and 2) You optimize the damage potential. But only do it if you have enough launch height, otherwise go for the Tenku K finish.

Mmm... last but not least a nice 9K follow-up (can be slow escaped, but the whole combo is guaranteed if the opponent doesn't slow escape):

12. 9K - 44K - BT P - 6PK - 6PKKP

This is the basic combo. Substitute 6PKKP with 6PKKP+K if there is a wall nearby.

Hopefully these combos can be of use to anyone! ;)

Kuga

I cant check it right now so ill ask. Is Tenku P+K working on all weights like K version and, i doubt it but, does it give more adv on wake up than K?

KING JAIMY

I cant check it right now so ill ask. Is Tenku P+K working on all weights like K version and, i doubt it but, does it give more adv on wake up than K?
Not sure about the advantage on wake up, judging by the recovery motion Tenku P+K seems to have less advantage than Tenku K on wake up. I know for sure it's more damaging though. It works up to mid-classes and rarely on super heavies (only with the highest launch possible, but then you might go as well for something else).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD