Momiji General Discussion

Tenro

it's not that big of a buff man . that lift stun elbow is still a 15 frame high and there are plenty other godlike highs in this game which can destroy that move and about the 6k knee , since the beginning of time it has been unsafe on block irrespective of any followup .tenku is handled by fuzzies and 6kp is unsafe . they probably just "amended" her because i m pretty sure TN wanted her to be like this in the previous patch. they messed up i guess .

Lulu

Oh did I forget to mention I've decided to Play Momiji.... again ?

This time its gonna be Different. :) This time.... I will use Ultimate D-Pad Jutsu. ;)

Edit:
Well this is unexpected.... I can't play Momiji the way she's mean to be played...... for the most part I can Space, Poke and Bum Rush my foes Shrine Maiden style..... but when push comes to shove My Tina habbits rears its ugly head and overides Momiji's intended Playstyle.

Not that this is a bad thing.... I haven't lost because of this. But this sort of defeats the whole purpose of me playing the Character (I've had a similar instance with Brad Wong)

Still though.... all I need is practice. I can make this work.

Last edited:

Tenro

i know how that feels man . i play christie on a regular basis now so for me it's a complete 180 degree turn in the playstyle each time i swap characters.

YBNDM

Oh did I forget to mention I've decided to Play Momiji.... again ?

This time its gonna be Different. :) This time.... I will use Ultimate D-Pad Jutsu. ;)

Edit:
Well this is unexpected.... I can't play Momiji the way she's mean to be played...... for the most part I can Space, Poke and Bum Rush my foes Shrine Maiden style..... but when push comes to shove My Tina habbits rears its ugly head and overides Momiji's intended Playstyle.

Not that this is a bad thing.... I haven't lost because of this. But this sort of defeats the whole purpose of me playing the Character (I've had a similar instance with Brad Wong)

Still though.... all I need is practice. I can make this work.
You can do it Lulu, you can do it!

RenderingStar

Here are some of the max damage combos i have found with Momiji.

:alpha152:(Open):6::P::P: ,:P:,CB,:6::h::+::K:,:6::P::K:,:6::P::K::K::P:(137)
(Wall):3::K::P::8::P::P:,CB,:236::P:,:6::P::+::K:,:6::P+K:,,:6::P::K::K::P:(146)
(WallSplat) :H+K:,:4::4::P:,:6::P::K:,:3::P::4::P::P:(110)

:hitomi:(Open):6::P::P: ,:P:,CB,:6::H+K:,:H+K::6::P::K::K::P:(135)
(Wall):3::K::P::8::[P]::[P]:,CB,:8::P:,:6::P::K:,:3::P::4::P::P:(143)
(WallSplat) :H+K:,:4::4::P:,:6::P::K::K::K:(100)

:hayate:(Open):6::P::P: ,:P:,CB,:214::P:,BT:P:, :6::P::K:,:3::P::4::P::P:(133)
(Wall):3::K::P::8::[P]::[P]:,CB,:8::K:,:4::4::P:,:6::P::K::K::P:(137)
(WallSplat) :H+K:,:4::4::P:,:6::P::K::K::K:(100)

:leon:(Open):6::P::P: ,:P:,CB,:214::P:,BT:P:,:6::P::K::K::P:(131)
(Wall):3::K::P::8::[P]::[P]:,CB:3::3::P:,:6::P::K:,:3::P::4::P::P:(135)
(WallSplat) :H+K:,:6::P+K:,:6::P::K::K::K:(100)

Kuga

Didn't play DoA5 for some time, and when i came back to it i noticed new awesome properties of BT 4P - now oficially her 44K is godlike with BT P and 4P both giving guaranteed follow ups after 44K hits. Sit stun adv from BT 4P ain't something incredible, but that +18fr i believe can cause some interestung situations with 3P for example. I personally am fond of using here (after 44K, BT 4P hits) guaranteed 66P and delay second hit, or g-cancel and go for 8P for juggle. Pretty reliable. At least in matches i've used it:).

Tenro

oh rendering , i found better wall CB combo for LW and MW included .
3kp8pp , CB , 236p , 8p , 6pk , 3p4pp. does 142 on full walls and half walls .

thanks for new open space CB though :) . appreciated

SilverForte

I find myself just doing izuna post CB, unless its alpha where Im sure I can get more damage. Honestly I rarely go for CB with momiji unless I have PB, since her launch height isnt really all that high regardless of stun level.

Tenro

doing izuna post CB with momiji is useful ONLY in ceiling stages or in unholdables . these normal post CB juggles still hit 8-10 pts more . but i still feel she should get a little bigger juggle with alpha.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
So i started using Momiji... any reccomendations?

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/way-of-the-kunoichi-a-momiji-guide.6030/

- Learn the use and spacing of Momiji's pokes: Use PP~, 6P~, 2P, 1P~, 66P~, 4K & 3KP~ as a decent starting point
- Try to take advantage of Momiji's lateral movement & movement options as best as you can
- Momiji's i12 moves are amazing (2P, H+K, & 7K are amazing along with 6PK delays)
- Spam 66P from neutral but not 66PP. Mix-up with 2H+K/1P~ or 4K if necessary
- Use 9K to set up powerful pseudo-guaranteed setups, generally after stunning the opponent (66PP follow-ups can only be beaten on Fastest SE)
- Don't feel obligated to have to always approach your opponent. Have them come to you sometimes, then blast them with H+K
- If the opponent whiffs anything, 66PP can send them for a ride
- BT4P is godlike and can be set up after 44K or 214P/214PP+K. The SDS's generally require Fastest SE to escape most follow-ups

Once you get the idea of how Momiji functions, she can be quite effective at controlling space.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD