Momiji General Discussion

BRE5S

Thanks for the advice! I have just tested in training mode. It's not safe and not really unsafe. I guess it's "semi safe"
Neutral grab won't work but forward grab will work.

EDIT: Here are the "semi safe" I have found

Momiji: Semi-safe attack
PPP4P (grab with forward)
PK (neutral grab)
33P (neutral grab)
KK (neutral grab)

Tenro

bro, ppp4p is actually a legit punish . at -11 medium throws can punish it easily ( throws like i8 of grapplers and normal i10 throws) but if ur getting a semi safe margin for it , u must have manipulated it because in the vid u came rushing down while doing the string rather than doing it completely in lee's face .oh and just 1 thing moves upto -7 can be fuzzied under normal class throws so take note of that because in real offline play , fuzzy is a filthy thing lol .

i hope every character can give me this vid reference of frame data . it'll make my job a lot easier with other characters frame safety.

BRE5S

bro, ppp4p is actually a legit punish . at -11 medium throws can punish it easily ( throws like i8 of grapplers and normal i10 throws) but if ur getting a semi safe margin for it , u must have manipulated it because in the vid u came rushing down while doing the string rather than doing it completely in lee's face .oh and just 1 thing moves upto -7 can be fuzzied under normal class throws so take note of that because in real offline play , fuzzy is a filthy thing lol .

i hope every character can give me this vid reference of frame data . it'll make my job a lot easier with other characters frame safety.

Okay interesting! I have put the CPU in auto guard then auto grab to do the video in order to reduce the risk of doing something wrong. I did the training in the Steam version of the game.

I will try when I have time to upload more videos like that. The next character will be Rachel.

Lulu

Damn..... Was hoping they would revert back to stun on Counter Hit..... as it is right now its a Crappy Launcher. :(

SilverForte

I just wish they would make the launch more consistent, lvl 1 stun I can sometimes get a combo but not always. She already has two other lift stuns so I'm not too bothered by that.

Tenro

it's just my opinion , until someone actually takes her to tourney and gets to a decent rank ,TN won't even bother looking at her again because i clearly remember that momiji was the hype in doa 5U and since the stuns are changed into launchers many of the so called " the real momiji players " disappeared -_- .

though it would be bloody hysterical if something like this ever happened to the top tier cast ha .

SilverForte

For the most part all of the changes have been nothing but buffs for her, so I don't understand the negative perception of things. Momiji is very good. It's just that none of the big tourney players use her aside from Hajin as far as I know, and he only subs her.

XxNoriakixX

Behold people on FSD, the thread reviver is here lol.

Nah jk, I think no one really uses her because her mix-ups and strings are somewhat limited even though she is a relatively safe character. But that does not help much if your opponent does not have to fear or hesitate compared to strings ala kasumi or hitomi.. And I think that is one of the reasons why japan never put her in such a high tier like the us guys.

Tried her by myself after never using her and it was hard to win since people adjusted to her double jump stuff too..

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
There are many other reasons besides standard gameplay. There are some portions that I like about Momiji with her game plan, however she is such a generically bland character that provides me with boredom. Even Akira is generic believe it or not, but his moveset provides this sort of impact that draws people in because how devastating his attacks look and animation. Her NG version had a bit more....how do you say? more "Umph!" to it? - Momiji just seems like a general No. 2 pencil in DOA compared to a fancy pen that can write as well.

I don't dislike Momiji, but can't find a single thing about her that makes me go "WOW she's so cool!" know what I mean? - hopefully they can dig into her personality more or in character design.

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
There are many other reasons besides standard gameplay. There are some portions that I like about Momiji with her game plan, however she is such a generically bland character that provides me with boredom. Even Akira is generic believe it or not, but his moveset provides this sort of impact that draws people in because how devastating his attacks look and animation. Her NG version had a bit more....how do you say? more "Umph!" to it? - Momiji just seems like a general No. 2 pencil in DOA compared to a fancy pen that can write as well.

I don't dislike Momiji, but can't find a single thing about her that makes me go "WOW she's so cool!" know what I mean? - hopefully they can dig into her personality more or in character design.

I bet if she had a 1-frame knee or a GBoD you'd find her hot :cool:.

But I know what you mean. It's very hard to "swag" with her without it losing its luster. She needs more technicality to her design.

SilverForte

I understand where people are coming from. I love the basic and strong aspect of momiji. She reminds me of playing chars like Chun li in sf. Shes not all that flashy but she gets the job done. Yes her mixup isnt that great, but she has some of the best neutral in the game hands down, which is very strong, and once she does get that stun, she has plenty of options to mix up.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
How do people use 2k with momiji, seems pretty short range but I feel like I should be using it more.

As a footsie poke and space control, I've mentioned that before. Also a strong move in slippery surfaces.

2H+K can be reacted to very well offline by better players and should be used sparringly.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD