News Momiji to Appear in Yaiba

Do you like NG and DOA crossing over regularly?

• Yes

Votes: 29 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Recently it was announced that a special edition of Yaiba would be made, and there would be crossover DLC to Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate. The trailer showcases the Momiji zombie bikini, and the zombie accessory hanging from Ryu's neck.

Now it appears that Momiji is making an appearance in Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, and there were some special renders released today which are attached below:

Momiji Yaiba.jpg Ryu Yaiba.jpg

It would seem that Team NINJA is doing what they can to sell Yaiba to the Dead or Alive audience, with Momiji and crossover DLC, they have rung the right bell with some.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if I'm alone with this.

But after watching the latest trailer, the game seems pretty humorless but keeps trying to deliver joke after joke to impress the audience/player, and fails. I can hardly explain it.
The "fun" seemed stated, and not really natural or it didn't really gave you the impression of being "natural". Or at least in a natural way when you see good stupid humor, like in cartoons and so on.

The ideas of the jokes were a bit lame and totally oversued by many films, cartoons and games. It was like watching a really bad cartoon actually were the characters can't really deliver the fun but they try it again and again.
Imagine an episode of Scrubs, just with reeeeeeeeeally bad actors and a lack of a fun atmosphere, lol.

The game still is not interesting enough for me.

On the pro: Hayabusa looks really good. The new wannabee Terminator look-alike ninja is a very uninteresting character to me. It seems like the game is more about the characters around him, not really himself (kinda like in Ninja Gaiden 1 where Ryu basically had no personality at all so they focused on everything else story wise).
I guess that helps making Ryu look even more bad ass.

I don't think that other NG characters like Rachel, Ayane and Kasumi or will appear. I'm pretty sure they would have got DLC as well, but that wasn't the case.
Momiji obviously was the choice to make her more alive in the NG universe. She was more or less just another shrine maiden and just another big breasted girl with no real backstory. Momiji existed for quite some time now, but she always had that "she is just there" appearance. Also in DOA5. Maybe her Yaiba debut helps her character a bit.

I'm still not sure about that combat systems. It doesn't look like Ninja Gaiden (I was aware of that before) but it wasn't a DMC/Bayonetta/GoW style either. It was more like a Dynasty Warrios where you mash buttons, hoping for hitting first.

Last edited:
translation: Female Tengu does not share this type of humor

you really dont need to explain any further than that. anytime someone tries to describe why something isn't funny they just appear stuck up and irritating. especially to those of us who do find it funny in which case its practically insulting. seriously every time someone does this it pisses me off

there has been no interesting characters besides Yaiba what are you talking about? Miss.Monday hasnt done anything interesting, Ryu is the exactly the same as always, Momiji hasn't said or done a single thing yet, and this Gonzo character has grabbed no ones attention. the only one doing anything interesting is Yaiba as hes getting his back story through the comics, hes supposed to go through character changes through out the game, and hes fighting an insurmountable enemy he has no chance against. id personally like to see how this turns out.

seriously every time someone does this it pisses me off

I guess that's your problem then. Why is it insulting? How should I feel when the casual crowd talks about costumes for DOA5U. Do I find it "insulting" just because other people like it? No.

The fun looked forced and childish. And suddenly the game tries to be super bad ass. And on the next cutscene it tries to be funny again. That's the impression the trailer gave me.
The designers should have looked at Lollipop Chainsaw a bit, when fun clearly is the line of design troughout the whole game, and also was it during the trailers.

Each to their own I guess.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD