Momiji Video Thread

Corza

Standard Donor
Hitomi's pressure can be ridiculous, but it's not THAT hard to deal with her. Rachel is pretty much harmless if you keep holding mid punches. Marie Rose's BT throw is the biggest bullshit of this game.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Well being a high, I'm pretty sure you can duck her BT OH. Lol, keep holding mid punches against Rachel and say hello to 63214T =P. Hitomi can be incredibly cheap at times xD, though yes, she can be manageable to deal with if you know her strings. As for Marie Rose you have to find your character's counter to Minuet and you need to pay attention to when the BT OH is used. Marie Rose isn't that cheap if you can watch out for those moves and keep her out. Her range is atrocious.

Saber

Not bad for someone who just picked her up. Main advice: playing the stun game with Momiji isn't rewarding as it is with other characters. If you've got them in stun, just launch them, though her PPPP string isn't the most damaging string. If you stick to 6PKKP for every juggle, you've dealt some pretty hefty damage and the hard knockdown sets up her oki nicely (6H+K is unholdable after if opponent techs, and if the opponent doesn't tech, it techs them up).

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Not bad for someone who just picked her up. Main advice: playing the stun game with Momiji isn't rewarding as it is with other characters. If you've got them in stun, just launch them, though her PPPP string isn't the most damaging string. If you stick to 6PKKP for every juggle, you've dealt some pretty hefty damage and the hard knockdown sets up her oki nicely (6H+K is unholdable after if opponent techs, and if the opponent doesn't tech, it techs them up).
Thanks, yeah, this vid was from a couple weeks ago. I incorporated a lot more stun launch at my last session, though I didn't save any videos out of respect for my opponent yesterday since he was still very new to the game compared to the Leon player. Momiji's spacing is crazy good, and her pokes are amazing. And, 8P, oh dear god 8P lol. At my next session, I'll try to save some vids of Momiji, since I feel I used her a lot better yesterday.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Look at all these Ayane players slowly transitioning to my shrine maiden.

Nope, more like Momiji is just a decent alternative to playing Ayane.

Also, Momiji's 6H+K unholdable isn't really that great if you just block (like that really isn't good, lol. Nice that it's there but it's not good. Ayane gets frame traps on block or deep stuns/ CH SDS for unholdables). I have more success putting 214P+K on people who tech up, reward is good whether it hits or if it's blocked. And mixing that up with other things.

@Force_of_Nature if you want a jab > BT8P like with Ayane; Jab > 7P (allows for 7K too just as you would with P4P with Ayane).

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Alright, I've been swooned by Momiji's charms...

Enjoy my scrubbiness! :cool:

Some things, @Force_of_Nature ; Jab and 2P are your best friends as they are for Ayane. Keep in mind that Momiji's jab is -2 on block, and that number REALLY matters compared to the +0/-1 we often utilize from jab with Ayane.

Jab > Jab repeat > other fast neutral strike/string/7P are really good options. I annoy the crap out of people with jab > jab repeat (Jab > 7P cannot be read).

Definitely use 6PKKP or 6PKKK for your juggles at a low height instead of PPPP, it's more damage. And 6PKKK will wall slam. Additionally, if you get a wall slam on full walls;

Jab (whiff) > 1P forces a wall okizeme situation, which becomes a mid/low string/free cancel mix up against players who tech up. When you start forcing this situation on people, realizing they can't get a WUK at all;

Jab (whiff) > 214P+K is amazing.

More importantly, get comfortable with H+K, 7K, 3K, 2K, 2H+K and 66P for range. These six strikes make approaching Momiji extremely difficult once you are comfortable with them. Start with these as your basic range tools first. Once you're comfortable with them, you'll want to learn to utilize the 5K/KK/KP, 44K, 44P, etc. And her Intergrated Movement (7P, 9P) to mix up your running H+K approach, because it's easy to blow that up if you don't.

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Some things, @Force_of_Nature ; Jab and 2P are your best friends as they are for Ayane. Keep in mind that Momiji's jab is -2 on block, and that number REALLY matters compared to the +0/-1 we often utilize from jab with Ayane.

Jab > Jab repeat > other fast neutral strike/string/7P are really good options. I annoy the crap out of people with jab > jab repeat (Jab > 7P cannot be read).

Definitely use 6PKKP or 6PKKK for your juggles at a low height instead of PPPP, it's more damage. And 6PKKK will wall slam. Additionally, if you get a wall slam on full walls;

Jab (whiff) > 1P forces a wall okizeme situation, which becomes a mid/low string/free cancel mix up against players who tech up. When you start forcing this situation on people, realizing they can't get a WUK at all;

Jab (whiff) > 214P+K is amazing.

More importantly, get comfortable with H+K, 7K, 3K, 2K, 2H+K and 66P for range. These six strikes make approaching Momiji extremely difficult once you are comfortable with them. Start with these as your basic range tools first. Once you're comfortable with them, you'll want to learn to utilize the 5K/KK/KP, 44K, 44P, etc. And her Intergrated Movement (7P, 9P) to mix up your running H+K approach, because it's easy to blow that up if you don't.

Thanks for the tips! Momiji's P, PP & 2P pressure is awesome. Her keepout is also ridiculous. At range, you can poke people at a distance quite comfortably.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD