Momiji Video Thread

Corza

Standard Donor
Nope, more like Momiji is just a decent alternative to playing Ayane.

I was just kidding. :)

Anyways, 44K is a great tool to interrupt people's strings from a distance. If they start holding the BT P, you can mix it up and do her hcfT, but the input has to be a little slower than usual.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I was just kidding. :)

Anyways, 44K is a great tool to interrupt people's strings from a distance. If they start holding the BT P, you can mix it up and do her hcfT, but the input has to be a little slower than usual.

Oh I know, lol.

ShinMaruku

Alright, I've been swooned by Momiji's charms...

Enjoy my scrubbiness! :cool:
Better than My Momiji.
My whole idea behind Momiji is to start up an attack that leads into either they get mixed up or they try to counter her moves and they get hit by her throw and they lose massive amounts of life.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Better than My Momiji.
My whole idea behind Momiji is to start up an attack that leads into either they get mixed up or they try to counter her moves and they get hit by her throw and they lose massive amounts of life.
It's all good lol. I actually find Momiji's throws to be really average. Though it's fun flinging your opponent across the stage lol. I guess I'm too accustomed to Ayane's throws :cool:.

Corza

Standard Donor
It's all good lol. I actually find Momiji's throws to be really average. Though it's fun flinging your opponent across the stage lol. I guess I'm too accustomed to Ayane's throws :cool:.

Yeah, her throws aren't special. I like 1T, 2T, 66T and 41236T though. :D

ShinMaruku

When I throw with Momiji it's high counter throws and people are near the wall and they don't to counter and then Momiji kicks them in the face. Or they kill themselves. I really should learn her combos.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I love instilling a mix up off 66T, running H+K, running 7P, running 66T, running 66P, running 44K, running H+K, running 2K, running 2H+K, running 214P+K. Shits good, lol.

Corza

Standard Donor
I like doing a 3KP8K after running H+K, because it's unholdable and even if I whiff it, the hop will avoid low wake up kicks. :)

SilverForte

What's 2k's use? It does have good range but it's not very good on normal hit. It is meant to bait counter hits?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
What's 2k's use? It does have good range but it's not very good on normal hit. It is meant to bait counter hits?

Good standard and generic low poke for chip damage. Think of 2P, but while standing and a bit more range (annoying). Also a good low for baiting counter hits (like you implied). It can also throw people off guard who expect a high/mid strike mix up when they're in critical stun threshold.

2K > KBD on neutral hit lets you get away scott free.

On slippery surfaces, 2K is a good trip stun on counter hit, guarantees an 8P/8K launch.

Corza

Standard Donor
Look at you, even did an avanced hold. :D
You were doing much better than last time. Did more damage in juggles because you started using 6PKKP. I hate seeing it all the time though, so I'm going to suggest to use 3P4P, 6PKP sometimes. (You don't have to listen to me, it's just a personal preference :p)

Good stuff by @Yurlungur as well!

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Look at you, even did an advanced hold. :D
You were doing much better than last time. Did more damage in juggles because you started using 6PKKP. I hate seeing it all the time though, so I'm going to suggest to use 3P4P, 6PKP sometimes. (You don't have to listen to me, it's just a personal preference :p)

Good stuff by @Yurlungur as well!

Yay! :D

Lol. Even though it's mostly there just as an alternative to her normal Mid P hold since it does switch position. I like 6PKKP's reliability! :) Now my next goal is to make my Momiji rage-inducing worthy, because I know how much fun Yurlungur had fighting her this week lol!

Corza

Standard Donor
^Try not to use 66PP so often, it's very punishable. I saw you don't have a Tenku T follow up, so you should try 8P, 6PKKP or H+K, 6PKKP, for example. 4K, 4P, 214P and 44K are really good moves, try to incorporate them into your playstyle. Other than that it was good.

I realized I haven't posted a video for a while, so here are some replays from me.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
These battles are me versus my cousin. I have some recordings of me versus some other players online. I'll post those shortly.
Pretty decent sets, I think you fought the best against Rig here. A suggestion I'd make is to work on throw punishment and reaction times when on the defense because you let your cousin get away with shenanigans and frame abuse too much. He tosses out a lot of unsafe or negative on block things then mashes right after (also be careful striking after things like 66K or 6PP since they are fairly negative on block). Feel free to toss out 2P or PP liberally with Momiji since those are amazing pokes for her. I also would suggest just going for stun-launches as opposed to playing the stun game since the stun game doesn't pay off that much compared to stun launches for Momiji (i.e. 1-hit to initiate the stun then just launch right after). By and large I'd say your Momiji is coming along nicely and the most stand out thing to me was allowing your opponent to abuse bullshit against you.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD