Mortal Kombat thread.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
D2iNRx_X4AggRpc

@Jadeinchains
Oh lawd they making the Edenians actually look unique instead of generic strippers! This is incredible. My bank account weeps but... This game is going to be intense. I can't wait to see the new Jade and Kitana rocking their Klassic skins. Ugh. I'm taking my DLC budget from DOA and giving it to NRS this game is going to be the definitive MK for so long.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh lawd they making the Edenians actually look unique instead of generic strippers! This is incredible. My bank account weeps but... This game is going to be intense. I can't wait to see the new Jade and Kitana rocking their Klassic skins. Ugh. I'm taking my DLC budget from DOA and giving it to NRS this game is going to be the definitive MK for so long.

Jade too looks so pretty and natural here:

maxresdefault.jpg

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I need to be home today lol Has anyone put eyes on Jade in the beta personally yet? Anyone with a really nice fidelity TV? I just need confirmation that without the compression in her way she looks at least as good as Lisa.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Is this the same costume just differently customized or are those two different costumes that look very similar?
Here a full body version:

D2rWZ1wXcAIGogj
She has that one with a bunch of recolors, and a hooded one in her human form with recolors. Her revenant form has one hooded and one without as well. You can take the masks on or off with the gear. Overall Jade has the best looks in the Beta. I've been playing a lot of Skarlet though she's uh... She's really @#$%&@ good. Jade is almost completely zoning in 11. You can give her a variant that lengthens a few of her strings and gives her an actual combo in the corner but.... For the most part shes a projectile, bait and punish character it seems like. Which is fine. I'll use her when I feel like pissing people off with cheese. She can put low knockdown, mid knockdown, and anti air projectiles on the field like crazy and she can make the anti air and mid safer by amplifying.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
People in another forum who played the beta:

"Jade feels like she’s unfinished."

"Jade is awful."

"Jade being garbage is the unspoken rule."

Don't shoot the messenger!

tenor.gif

@Jadeinchains

Leifang

Jade is pretty fun. I’m glad we can use her living form. Too bad Johnny and Kitana wasn’t available on the beta. Anyway, here’s me playing as Jade.

Last edited:

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
People in another forum who played the beta:

"Jade feels like she’s unfinished."

"Jade is awful."

"Jade being garbage is the unspoken rule."

Don't shoot the messenger!

tenor.gif

@Jadeinchains
I wouldnt call her garbage lmao she just lacks a party starter that isnt a krushing blow and she has no combos outside the corner. Her toolkit otherwise is amazing and she can out zone everyone in the game while simultaneously being able to get through their bullshit and rush them down. Shes good she just isn't what everyone expected

Tyaren

Standard Donor
edff2275-efb0-49a8-8115-4cdfb2f05dcd-jpeg.28236
I love this outfit of Jade. View attachment 28236

giphy.gif

On another topic:

GameXplain actually got to play the game on Switch on PAX. Nintendo does however not allow any footage to be shown, not even off-screen. That's kinda weird so close to release.

Apparently the game runs like the more powerful consoles and PC at solid 60fps, which really makes me wonder what actions they did to optimize the game to run on the much weaker hardware. I expect the visuals to take a significant hit. Nintendo locking it away before release seems to verify that. I guess they do not want the Switch version to be perceived as a downgrade.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
giphy.gif

On another topic:

GameXplain actually got to play the game on Switch on PAX. Nintendo does however not allow any footage to be shown, not even off-screen. That's kinda weird so close to release.

Apparently the game runs like the more powerful consoles and PC at solid 60fps, which really makes me wonder what actions they did to optimize the game to run on the much weaker hardware. I expect the visuals to take a significant hit. Nintendo locking it away before release seems to verify that. I guess they do not want the Switch version to be perceived as a downgrade.
l0l It's Nintendo. Their fetish for using poor/weak hardware and specs for their platforms shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Might get taken to court over this due to their NDA but... I snuck a shot of MK11 on the Switch and it looks really promising. Might be the definitive platform to play on guys. It's a good thing I got one for Smash! Can't wait to bring my switch to locals. Having my own screen and controller will be really efficient.

maxresdefault.jpg

/s

I'm sure the switch version will be fine.

Last edited:

Leifang

giphy.gif

On another topic:

The upper lips caught me off guard lol XD. Ahem, interesting.. I’m looking forward to how it’s gonna look on Nintendo switch.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD