Mortal Kombat thread.

Ninoasker

Afaik so far he’s only hinted to Nightwolf with the whole green AXE image.
The other image probably refers to the Kombat Pack’s announcement, which will be in 4 days if this ends being true.

Would be cool if Shang Tsung is released the same day of the announcement, considering he’s probably been sitting on NRS’ drawer completely finished since the game’s release... and we could say he had an “announcement” of his own when they announced he’d be a DLC character on the Krypt’s trailer announcement, so it makes no sense to keep postponing his release after the KP1 trailer drops.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Or you're all over analyzing and he posted the MK4 logo 4 days before the DLC info drop or to represent the 4th of June. I dont understand why everyone wants Fujin so badly. I dont even get the demand for Rain to be totally honest. He has about as much complexity as a bag of peanuts. KP1 should be Nightwolf, Shang Tsung, Sheeva, Sindel, Terminator, and Spawn for maximum sales.

Last edited:

Ninoasker

Or you're all over analyzing and he posted the MK4 logo 4 days before the DLC info drop. I dont understand why everyone wants Fujin so badly. I dont even get the demand for Rain to be totally honest. He has about as much complexity as a bag of peanuts. KP1 should be Nightwolf, Shang Tsung, Sheeva, Sindel, Terminator, and Spawn for maximum sales.
He even cut the photo to remark the 4, implying there’s something related to the number 4 (obviously, 4 days left) lmaoo
I also don’t understand the hype with Fujin tbh... there’s far more interesting characters over him. In fact, I’d take Ermac who’s already a character that has a modeled redesign IN GAME, over Fujin.

Jadeinchains

Personally I don't care at all about Fujin but it definitely seems like we're getting him and I know that since the MK9 days people have wanted him back so I'll at least be happy for those people even if I personally don't care.
Male characters wise I honestly just want Reptile. Female character wise I want every single female character in MK's history added but we all know that despite there being like 18 dlc characters coming to MK11 in total we'll be lucky if we get 4 female characters...

Also I really thought it would be today we'd see the characters revealed but I guess not though considering by American time we still have lots of the day left.

Ninoasker

TOMORROW!!!! AND YOUNG SHANG TSUNG SKIN!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
If they're announcing the Kombat Pack tomorrow, then the "4 days" image doesn't make any sense... maybe they're actually doing what I guessed and they're releasing Shang Tsung earlier since he was announced long ago and then in Sunday they'll announce the full KP? Omg idk but I'M SO EXCITEDDDD

Also if those bg colors are references to the characters, then Sindel is also coming in this KP!!! WIG

Vigoorian King

Also if those bg colors are references to the characters, then Sindel is also coming in this KP!!! WIG

Wait, this kinda makes sense! Nightwolf has green axes, Sheeva has her iconic red costume, Fujin has white hair and wind powers... ugh hopefully I'm not reading too much into this cause I don't wanna be disappointed tomorrow

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Calling it: Shang Tsung can turn into Ermac, Rain, and Smoke in their classic costumes.

And he will be released tomorrow for KP owners, 4 days from the day Ed Boon posted the MK4 logo.

Derock

Spawn is coming to another fighting game universe after how many years since Soul Calibur II? (Not counting HD). Yeah, I'm hype for Shang Tsung (MK1 Movie version!)

Ninoasker

June 18th.... why you do this to me Ed? :( I won’t be able to keep all this hype calmed down for two weeks!!!

Also, KLASSIC SKINS!!!! Bring some for Jade too and I’m sold

Jadeinchains

warning mini rant -
For a kombat pack of 6 characters, guest characters taking up 3 of the slots is way to much honestly.. Also I know Ed Boon is "omg such troll much hijinks" or whatever but for real there's times where NR straight up just make bad decisions and they and certain fans just deflect it as "lol trolled". Like...okay but If certain characters don't sell well cause no one wanted them and you added them in over fan faves as a troll/must have guests thats really more your problem not mine but go off lol.

Anyway complaints over over reliance on guest dlc characters aside I'm happy to hear that Sindel will be appearing in the kombat pack, She's who I'm most excited about. We already know one of "the 2 other guests" Is Ash from evil dead like 99% as for the other one...? I don't know, I mean he said "2B" announced which could be a reference to 2B from Nier but I didn't see her on the leaks so I doubt it.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Since, for some reason, no body here posted the trailer yet.

I'm too confused with my emotions. Sorry. =( Shang Tsung looks amazing. Happy that Sindel is back confirmed. Stoked for Nightwolf. But Spawn in the first KP took Sheeva's spot and it has me all sorts of mad at the same time lmao

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD