Mortal Kombat thread.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't see why this is so important. I just don't.
I think that even though it isn't a major game changer that he is homosexual, it's good that the gaming industry is giving LGBTs better representation and not just silly, over the top stereotypes that they think is how gay people act. I also like how they didn't blatantly shove it in the player's face about Kung Jin's sexuality; It was subtle enough but also just enough to let the player know.

Pink Nitro

I think that even though it isn't a major game changer that he is homosexual, it's good that the gaming industry is giving LGBTs better representation and not just silly, over the top stereotypes that they think is how gay people act. I also like how they didn't blatantly shove it in the player's face about Kung Jin's sexuality; It was subtle enough but also just enough to let the player know.
It's not about the game, but more about the sites parading it around as if he were god's gift to Mortal Kombat.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It's not about the game, but more about the sites parading it around as if he were god's gift to Mortal Kombat.
I've seen that a lot whenever I would look MKX up. I understand people are happy about Kung Jin, but it's not really that big of a deal at the end of the day.

Pink Nitro

I've seen that a lot whenever I would look MKX up. I understand people are happy about Kung Jin, but it's not really that big of a deal at the end of the day.
It isn't. If anything it's making me feel I'm some token person who instantly makes whatever it is 100% more "inclusive" or whatever, I don't like the feeling.

EDIT: To expand on this, I'm saying that every site fawning over him solely for his sexuality and not anything he does in the story. It's weird knowing one's sexuality overshadows one's accomplishments.
inb4I'mwrongandIshouldfeelbad

Last edited:

CFW

I want to know what you guys mean when you say having a character's sexuality shoved in your faces. What does that mean? That effeminate men are obnoxious? The only thing I see that's shoved in people's faces is this statement every single time this discussion is had. That's like saying "you can be gay, just don't be gay near me or don't let me see it".

I don't see why this is so important. I just don't.

An openly gay character with layers, flaws, and goals isn't important? O...k

If anything it's making me feel I'm some token person who instantly makes whatever it is 100% more "inclusive" or whatever, I don't like the feeling.

That's not the intention of any of these sites reporting on it. It's actually a big thing.

Why is it when games attempt to be inclusive and expand, there is always a group of people who claim this to be forced? It makes no sense to me.

But it IS a big deal.

Pink Nitro

I want to know what you guys mean when you say having a character's sexuality shoved in your faces. What does that mean? That effeminate men are obnoxious? The only thing I see that's shoved in people's faces is this statement every single time this discussion is had. That's like saying "you can be gay, just don't be gay near me or don't let me see it".

An openly gay character with layers, flaws, and goals isn't important? O...k

That's not the intention of any of these sites reporting on it. It's actually a big thing.

Why is it when games attempt to be inclusive and expand, there is always a group of people who claim this to be forced? It makes no sense to me.

But it IS a big deal.
But why, I don't see the big idea of everyone going "HEY, LOOK! LOOK AT THIS CHARACTER!". It really makes no sense to men.
Not once have I said it was forced, I just didn't like how the sites carried it. If a character is X, that's great. I really don't care, I just don't see the reason why this is that big of a thing.
This is pretty much going to turn into a "NO, IT IS!" vs "IT'S NOT!" thing i.e. nowhere.

CFW

But why, I don't see the big idea of everyone going "HEY, LOOK! LOOK AT THIS CHARACTER!". It really makes no sense to men.
Not once have I said it was forced, I just didn't like how the sites carried it. If a character is X, that's great. I really don't care, I just don't see the reason why this is that big of a thing.
This is pretty much going to turn into a "NO, IT IS!" vs "IT'S NOT!" thing i.e. nowhere.

I never said you said it was forced but k @ the rest of this post lmao

synce

Still haven't played the story but yeah it is incredibly stupid that every site has to make a big deal about every gay character in every game. Chalk it up to American media being American media.

Jadeinchains

Wow well I sure missed that conversation. Anyway cool that this character with multiple personality traits happens to be gay and not be like Bernie from gta4.
Like others have said I also don't like how people feel the need to try and push that as his defining and only feature.

PS: People that say that this is pandering need to stop.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Kung Jin confirmed to be the first homosexual character in MK.

http://kotaku.com/meet-mortal-kombats-first-gay-character-1698060987
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mortal-kombat-x-has-series-first-gay-character-may/1100-6426727/

Also, one of the directors said yes when a fan asked if Kung Jin was gay too.
This is pretty cool! and an interesting way to develop his character. I applaud MK so much this year they're doing everything right (other than Tanya's design/skin color and lack of Skarlet)

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
really need to start playing this longer, all i can manage is like 1 hour a night most nights
curse my busy season.

Argentus

Really, Mileena's trousers (pants) are awesome. I felt that they still managed to keep Mileena close to how she was in the past games they just gave her more than 2 inches of fabric.
I don't like it. Despite being more cloth its more like rags whereas despite being a bikini, her mk9 costume felt like a very intricate, ornate outfit.

CFW

Wow well I sure missed that conversation. Anyway cool that this character with multiple personality traits happens to be gay and not be like Bernie from gta4.
Like others have said I also don't like how people feel the need to try and push that as his defining and only feature.

PS: People that say that this is pandering need to stop.

Who the HELL is Bernie?

The character designers are gonna change Tanya a little bit too for her DLC release this is great let's celebrate this.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD