Mortal Kombat thread.

synce

funny thing is no one complained when NRS redesigned Cassie from the bloat faced creature she initially looked like

hqdefault.jpg

I thought something was strange! I remember Cassie definitely looked weird at first. They did an incredible job of fixing her

Gurimmjaw

I really hope there will be a human reptile skin in the near future. I do like his 2nd costume in the game but still would be nice to play as the humanoid Reptile or his godly MKSM style costume. Loving how Liu Kang, Scorpion, Reptile, Mileena, and Kung Lao play in this MK. Kotal Kahn and Shinnok I was pretty much disappointed with.

CFW

I stopped playing for a few days and I feel like I forgot how to play bye I hate myself

Gurimmjaw

Haven't been active here in a while. Not sure how many play Mileena, but I have some tech for all variations:

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/mileena-combo-thread.49635/page-22#post-1707102

Mileena is one of the characters I been messing with but main focus on Liu Kang, Scorpion, and Reptile. I didn't really like her other variations except piercing I think it called since it similar to her traditional style of how she played. Which you think her best variation?

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Mileena is one of the characters I been messing with but main focus on Liu Kang, Scorpion, and Reptile. I didn't really like her other variations except piercing I think it called since it similar to her traditional style of how she played. Which you think her best variation?
It's Piercing, but Ravenous has good use to it, too. Mainly due to damage & offensive use. Ethereal is the weakest, but it's good to deal with wake ups & evading attacks for punishment, but that's about it. She loses pretty much everything every where else.

Last edited:

Argentus

It's Piercing, but Ravenous has good use to it, too. Mainly due to damage & offensive use. Ethereal is the weakest, but it's good to deal with wake ups, but that's about it. She loses pretty much everything every where else.
it just sucks that they had to split up her abilities due to the stupid Variation system. She could have had biting combos AND low sai throws AND the saiports at once, with little to no issue.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'm playing Mileena & Scorpion

Argentus

NRS was lazy when it came to Reptiles variations lol.
its like...for some characters the variations actually work like Erron Black who gets entirely different weapons for each. But then for others they couldn't think of anything so all three variations are the same, but they only made like one of their regular specials available in each, like Mileena.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
@Gurimmjaw THTB & Marshall Laww I've been playing with them. They've also stated the same thing about him needing to hang onto meter. However, for delayed wake ups, nothing was really stated other than his ground acid & then a special into the corner. Nimble & Noxious are the 2 main variations that are used.

I almost ended up playing him. I still may depending on how the characters are changed through patches overtime. I hope Mileena & Scorpion stay 100% competent. I also have Kitana in my arsenal @Goarmagon & have some stuff written down. That's the 1st character that I learned when I brought the games. If you want some of it, let me know, but I can tell you that Royal Storm & Assassin are her best variations. Royal Storm would be your #1 pick because of what it has to offer. Haven't looked into Mournful as much, but it's useful too. You'll need to be able to manage meter properly in the variation, though, I can tell you that much. Just if you're looking for fan attacks, then it's those.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD