"My Fists Are on FIRE!" The Dead or Alive 6 Hitomi Video Thread!

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Hitomi's thread is closed for some reason so I will ask here.

What do you guys think about Hitomi in this new patch with nerfed sidestep? She has good tools against sidestep but I guess this will benefit her linear attacks like 66H+K or 66K, being able to do them more safely. Maybe will it be easier to play a more aggressively playstyle?

Raansu

It doesn't really change much of anything with her. Meter gain is fast enough that SSA will still be prevalent. It just means she has to worry less about random BH's and BB sabakis.

WAZAAAAA

https://gfycat.com/ExcellentBelatedAuk
:s::s::s::P::s::s::s: -> dash -> Close Hit :236::P:
Hitomi meter build combo, builds up to 101 meter, more with the environment
- works on all weight classes
- all environments
- NH/CH/HCH all the same
- good corner carry
- all those Fatal Stuns will usually trigger a BH response from the opponent lol, and that's ok since we're still draining meter

The alternative, less efficient meter build combo with a different starter would be:
stun -> :s::s::s::P::s: -> dash -> Close Hit :236::P:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

uhh well that logic applies to every single strike in the game if you predict it lol

You have her 2p, her 6p, her 1k, it's hard to predict how you will try to open them but if you tend to use S too often once you don't have metter then it can be predictable.

Chaos

Good sets with an old school Jann Lee player, RyuJin. I could've played better because I know I can do more shit with Hitomi.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

So now that after this patch TN buffed several characters, like Rig being way more safe and Mila/Jann Lee having better string combos, what would you guys be your wishes for Hitomi in next patches?. Mine:

-2p being +1 again
-214p being SDS
-4kk getting back DOA5 relaunchs (Momiji has amazing relaunchs with 5kp string in juggles)

I could list more things but I think this would be a good start to making her fun to play again (sorry, I just get bored playing this super simple version of her in DOA6).

Raansu

So now that after this patch TN buffed several characters, like Rig being way more safe and Mila/Jann Lee having better string combos, what would you guys be your wishes for Hitomi in next patches?. Mine:

-2p being +1 again
-214p being SDS
-4kk getting back DOA5 relaunchs (Momiji has amazing relaunchs with 5kp string in juggles)

I could list more things but I think this would be a good start to making her fun to play again (sorry, I just get bored playing this super simple version of her in DOA6).

7pkkk, 6pkkk, 6kkk to bounce again so they can be worth the risk of finishing the strings again.

3h+k to go back to being safe and bounce on counter hit.

6T to go back to being +15 on hi counter throw like in doa4

To have her OH hold back so I can have real frame trap setups with her parry.

46k to guarantee a BT setup again like it did in doa5.

Wish her sweeps would trip again instead of the weak little stagger she has now.

Would like to have her old 1p+k guard break back from doa4 (it was the power blow animation in 5). In doa4 you could get an unblockable 7p without charging the guard break.

I wish her guard breaks didn't require a charge. Only reason to ever get hit by those is because of online play. No one who's actually awake gets hit by them offline because the charge is so long for such a measly amount of frame advantage. Or at the very least make an uncharged guard give the current frame advantage and a charged version that gives enough frame advantage for a guaranteed followup. At least then it would be worth the risk of charging a punch for 30 frames.

There's probably more, but its early in the morning and I haven't had my coffee yet lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD