"My sisters want to **** me!" - The Official Hayate Thread

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Also of note, a lot of his strings are not delayable. For example his 3H+KKP string is one. You can't delay the K or P followup but have to hit it before the hit frames of the attack. So you can't do the DOA4 shenanigans with the string.

Jin Masters

He just gets worse and worse.
I don't think he's gotten worse at all. For one ive been playing the alpha demo for a few months now and from my experience from doa4 and older versions of the character just simply play different. If he had the same mixups from doa4 he would be basically on top of the tier list. But what have we gained with this version of Hayate?

Great wind dash pressure which can be used to get in/whiff punish along with 236p and good ol 66p
1p that crushes highs and stuns on ch which causes a great sit down stun that he can achieve a high launcher
4p high, mid, low, and nothing options are great
9pp 2in1 wall goodness
2_8p+k which a great sidestep options that i believes stuns on ch(unlike the demo which stuns on normal hit)
1k great poke and high crush
raijin has great wall detection and more realistic exection from doa4
214k jumps lows and guard breaks that gives advantage on block(dont know if this is still true in the latest build)
6p which is still a great TRUE MID (i wonder if 6pk is safe on block in the latest build)
and new in doa5 advanced mid k and p holds which deals great damage.

Just from my opinion doa4 hayate feels pretty stiff compared to the rest of the cast because he was so straight forward. This version feels alot more fluid, fun, and you can be creative.

Im just saying lets be optimistic this is a brand new game with new mechanics and new properties. Every character has been retuned for balancing purpose and competitiveness. Lets have a great time after all we've been waiting 7 years for this damn game.

PS you dont think busa players arent crying becuz 8k is no longer 12 frames, or kasumi 6k doesnt ground bounce. Think about it...

I'll see you guys when the game releases in a few weeks. Lets show the world what Mugen Tenshin really is!

TakedaZX

I don't think he's gotten worse at all.
Well if that's how you feel, go for it. I doubt TeamNinja would hear our words anyway, not because they don't want to(or maybe cause they don't want), but times close to the release anyway. I doubt they're sitting around jacking off waiting till then, they've got work to do still I bet.

I wanted something creative, and they brought the wind dash(lost 236f). The options aren't...BAD, they're actually ok. They're just the same things we use to have and the same things I use to whiff punish with since doa4 except the mid kick launcher is now unsafe as well, and off of those launchers the same juggles come out that we've had from day 1 of doa4, maybe even ones in doa3.

Though the high option does guard crush, it's +7, so nothings guaranteed, but you can keep the pressure on possible so i'll give them that, and that's assuming that your next wind dash forward option will beat out any retaliation...which I'd doubt, but if it is true, more power to him, and that sit down stun off of 3pp

His combos are all still the same aside from the fact that 66kkk is possible off of a launch. Gg.

So I'll be on Eliot. I loved him in DOA4 even though he wasn't a "top tier" character. It's just funny that an underdog character that I've used has popped into top tier for once. Even still, I'll probably pick up Hayate, mostly for when I fight my best friend, Hayabusa vs Hayate for old times sake...

Chaos

Well, he still has his awesome combos from DOA4 so hes pretty much the same except the lost of his 236f~2k. he'll
still be one of my main characters, I'll have to get use to it.

TakedaZX

Well, he still has his awesome combos from DOA4 so hes pretty much the same except the lost of his 236f~2k. he'll
still be one of my main characters, I'll have to get use to it.
I guess... my main team is gunna be Eliot and Kokoro/Akira. Hayate will be my secondary solo character, but even still... I probably won't have too much fun with him anymore.

synce

What's the wind dash? Is it where charges back and avoids practically anything coming at him? I like that move.

TakedaZX

What's the wind dash? Is it where charges back and avoids practically anything coming at him? I like that move.
When he moves back I believe that's his powerblow which is 4P+K. If you press 4 again afterward, you cancel the dash and he'll go back to neutral. To dash forward from that whiff bait, I believe you press 6, though I could be wrong. The actual wind dash is 6P+K, which drives you forward quickly and gives you 4 options.

1. a High Punch that guard breaks
  2. a Mid Punch Launcher(his shoryuken from DOA4)
  3. a Mid Kick Launcher(use to be 4F+K in doa4)
  4. or a grab(same animation as his advance hold)
  5. *option is to not do anything and throw out an unexpected move, like a 236p aka Fujin.

Stikku

Also of note, a lot of his strings are not delayable. For example his 3H+KKP string is one. You can't delay the K or P followup but have to hit it before the hit frames of the attack. So you can't do the DOA4 shenanigans with the string.
that doesn't sound good at all :[

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD