DOA6 Network Beta Release and Information

DOA6 Beta Test.jpg

Dead or Alive 6 has been playable at several events, but for the first time will available to the world through an online beta test! The beta begins January 11th at 8am PDT and ends January 14th at 7:59am PDT. Before enjoying this beta you will want to read up on additional information and user requirements provided for you here at FSD.

To participate you will need a PlayStation 4 with a PlayStation Plus subscription. If you are without Plus, check to see if you can apply for a free trial before committing to a paid plan. You are not required to pre-order DOA6 to participate in the test, but it is recommended that you do pre-order before the game releases as you will receive Nyo-Tengu for free.

The only characters planned for the beta are: Kasumi, Ayane, Ryu Hayabusa, Hayate and newcomer Diego! The only stage available will be the DOA Colosseum. This is your chance to try the game out for free, scout player behaviors and explore new tech freely without worrying about your Win/Loss ratio.

Last edited:
They managed to undercut my worst estimate by one character lol
I at least expected the Ninjas and both Newcomers…

Also expected at least one multi-tiered stage, to show off what DOA has to offer as this is one of the factors that sets it apart from other FGs…

Well, beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Dead or Alive 6 has been playable at several events, but for the first time will available to the world through an online beta test! The beta begins January 11th at 8am PDT and ends January 14th at 7:59am PDT. Before enjoying this beta you will want to read up on additional information and user requirements provided for you here at FSD.

To participate you will need a Playstation 4 with a Playstation Plus subscription. If you are without Plus, check to see if you can apply for a free trial before committing to a paid plan. You are not required to pre-order DOA6 to participate in the test, but it is recommended that you do pre-order before the game releases as you will receive Nyo-Tengu for free.

The only characters planed for the reveal are: Kasumi, Ayane, Ryu Hayabusa, Hayate and newcomer Diego! The only stage available will be the DOA Colosseum. This is your chance to try the game out for free, scout player behaviors and explore new tech freely without worrying about your Win/Loss ratio.
I like it but its not for free if i have to pay for the Plus Account :p BUt Yeah i will do it this time because i wanna see this game on my Console and explore it to myself =)

My guess is that Diego is more complete than NiCO and that's why she didn't make it. People have made their assumptions about Diego, and Team NINJA wants to leave the mystery to NiCO for release I think.
I doubt it's that complicated. NiCO is a G I R L and most likely what many people look forward to, there's no way they would let you play that for free

This beta is insane fun, I've lost count of how many matches I've had so far xD I feel pretty confident since I haven't been completely recked or suffered a losing streak, I seem to be doing consistently well and playing smart which I'm happy about, I've lost a few matches(Mainly Diegos and a Hayate) but not too many so I'm happy about that as well

So far I already know Diego players are gonna be a tough match for me xD I've only used Kasumi and haven't touched anyone else so idk if I'll play him. The others I've fought in LR and I know their general game plans so I think its probably because I'm still learning how to deal with him

This beta is insane fun, I've lost count of how many matches I've had so far xD I feel pretty confident since I haven't been completely recked or suffered a losing streak, I seem to be doing consistently well and playing smart which I'm happy about, I've lost a few matches(Mainly Diegos and a Hayate) but not too many so I'm happy about that as well

So far I already know Diego players are gonna be a tough match for me xD I've only used Kasumi and haven't touched anyone else so idk if I'll play him. The others I've fought in LR and I know their general game plans so I think its probably because I'm still learning how to deal with him

Yeah I just won my first match super easy. How crisp! How wonderful!

Yeah I just won my first match super easy. How crisp! How wonderful!
I lost my first match im ngl xD but then I remembered that I was supposed to be playing on my US version beta and not the Australian one and I got matched up with alot better connections and got back on track. I'm a bit disappointed I didn't encounter anyone I knew but I think I fought a pro player named Campbell and a member of SYN(the SYN beat me good tho with his Hayate xD)

A few things I have noticed :
- I like BB, BH and BS
- Diego is stiff but fun to play
- The netcode looks better than before
- I have started a round with Diego back turned
- The sidesteps look strong, right ? It seems to cover more
- Diego looks cute with Kasumi's glasses, I would say a bit smarter too
- The new moves for Kasumi, Ryu, Ayane and Hayate are very flashy but amazing
- I'm actually going to have fun customizing all the characters, make you want to play all of them

Everyone and their mom is on wifi....if you're on wifi you should be banned from playing video games lol.

That said, I like it so far. Not a fan at all of the meters or BB's/BH's, but I like the other mechanics and I love that I feel like I'm playing DoA2/3. I love that one stun and I can pop you into the air at practically max height. The games waaay more focused on neutral and I love that. The side step is a significant improvement over DoA5.

The network code....trash, plain and simple lol. I'd rather see the game slow down than deal with this absolutely horrible input delay. Its like I press the button and the attacks come out nearly 2 seconds later. Its awful.

Also, Diego is suuuuper basic, but I wouldn't sleep on him. His setups seem decently strong.

Nothing wrong with using WiFi. A bad connection is still a bad connection but I’d take a full strength, 5Ghz connection on a pipe north of 100 down and 10 up over most of the mediocre wired connections out there.

Nothing wrong with using WiFi. A bad connection is still a bad connection but I’d take a full strength, 5Ghz connection on a pipe north of 100 down and 10 up over most of the mediocre wired connections out there.

Wifi speeds are meaningless. The reason why its bad for gaming is because of how heavily packet loss is prevalent in wifi. Its the very reason why even if you have 5 bars with them it still lags, mostly with input delay.

Oh? Clearly I don’t know much about networking. Thankfully we have you around.

Anyway, I’ve had some decent connections but I can’t bring myself to play too much more because it’s a bit too repetitive for my tastes. Played against every connection type possible and found most connections were playable. Had one wired full bar connection drop me into massive input delay hell. Most of the rest ran fine.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD