Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Yaiba

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other

Votes: 64 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kronin

*sigh* I know a lot of people enjoy playing this game but one would have thought that TN would at least utilize the more competitive groups for putting DOA5LR demo on showcase...
As for the command training on Honoka's behalf, I can already see the interesting tech and combo longevity she can offer...

I believe that this is overall an initiative of TKE (exactly as the last time, where they adviced people only at the last moment) and that TN has very little to do. If something they had to wait for the official announcement of the characters and the stages before to put in scene it.

In addition they are doing only a simple favor to the majority of the fans that are casuals, there is nothing more than this. It's not a truly official showcase, just an informal gift to the fans for not waiting a full month before to get gameplay material.

I don't know about you guys, but don't you feel this character is like... an ending signal for the serie ?
I'm not saying TN has lost its creativity, what I'm saying is that she's some sort of tribute to the roster.

I can feel that DOA6 will have some sort of reboot. Don't know why, there is no reasonning behind this, just a feeling.

To say the truth, TN already hinted to DLC characters so in a such case I would have seen more as effecively the last character released for Last Round.

Yeah, except that I'm okay with both characters' presence.
Honoka has so much potential.

Is the video of her moveset final ? It looks unfinished... who posted it ? How did it leak ?

Indeed the video come from an early release of the game, and the description adviced that the moveset could appear glitched and unfinished. The actual one will appear surely different (even if maybe only for a little part).

KwonJigglypuff

I love doing charts. I might be wrong on some stuff, I'm not familiar with every terms.

Is there a terminology for Teasing Demon Girl (Nyotengu), Sadistic Villain (Christie) and... Schizophrenic Luchadora (Lisa) ?

Lisa is a bit Meganekko but La Mariposa is more Genki I guess. Of course it's just based on stereotyped archetypes.

1421357552-tumblr-mi0cykwnsh1qb9ia7o3-250.jpg

Rawbietussin

So characters excluded from her movesets are Nyotengu, Hayabusa, Alpha 152, Momiji, Kasumi, Rachel, Phase 4 and Hayate ? Why ?
Weird she got Ayane's 236K+H

She didn't bother extracting the VFs too. Good thing though, I don't want her doing Sarah moves.

So what anime archetype does she belong to ? Is she just a schoolgirl with big boobs ?
It's hard for me to get how unique her personality is compared to the others.

And please don't answer "saladere".

She's basically a hybrid of Hitomi's perkiness and Kokoro's appearance.

Jaguar360

Do you guys think that Honoka's moves are based off of the characters that she will meet in DOA6's story mode? If so, she will get to meet:
- Hitomi
- Jahn Lee
- Leon
- Ein (Interesting...)
- Raidou
- Zack
- Brad Wong
- Bass
- Tina
- Ayane
- Gen Fu
- Kokoro
- Lisa/La Mariposa
- Leifang
- Helena
- Christie
- Rig
Oddly, she doesn't seem to have any of Marie's moves, but we know that she knows her from the trailer. Most of her moves seem to be inspired from Brad, Zack, Helena, the Armstrongs and Jahn, so perhaps she'll spend a lot of time with them. I hope she doesn't accept drinks from Brad! :eek:

Also, is it me or does she have a few original moves?
Firebust Splash, Kan-Shon and Calf Branding (cows! :3) all seem new as well as her secondary critical burst, her power blow and power launcher.
EDIT: K, just checked the moveset analyis thread, apparently her Power Launcher is Mila's and she has a few moves from Eliot and Bayman as well. She does have some original moves though.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

I think she just "stole" moves from non-ninja/non NG characters.

The odd thing is that :
- she doesn't any move from Nyotengu and MR
- she has a move from Ayane

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
The odd thing is that :
Well, maybe she hasn't seen Nyotengu during the tournament. As for no moves from Marie Rose, I assume it's because she's still a fairly new character with similar size (minus bust) to Honoka, so they want to keep them unique as possible.

Argentus

Are you sure you're watching the same videos as everyone else? Her aesthetic appeal somehow managed to dip below 0, something that I didn't think was possible after enduring Mila.
First off
guy-punches-8-year-old-and-steals-his-ipad.gif

You did this!

Secondly

I can't see the vid what moves of Mila does she have?

David Gregg

That is a horrid gif.

Congressman Cam Brady didn't mean to punch the baby! D:

I think she just "stole" moves from non-ninja/non NG characters.

The odd thing is that :
- she has a move from Ayane

I wouldn't want her having any of MR's moves since she already resembles her in so many ways but I would have liked to see 1 or 2 of Nyo's moves.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD