DOA5LR New character expectations (Spring 2016)

Who is the new character?

• Genra (or his inheritor)

• VF Character

• Shiden

• Irene

• Ms. Monday

• Rio

• Niki

• New male

• New female

• Other (Donovan, Miyako, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

This may sound far fetched, but what if the new character was Honoka's grandmother? She is mentioned in Honoka's profile so she may have some sort of relevancy to the game. And with Honoka possibly being related to Ayane/Raidou, her grandmother could be a fighter too.

She'd probably have a power where she could transform into her younger form like this Oume & Otane from Power Instinct or Sayuri from Senran Kagura.
oume_otane_0023.jpg

SKSV_Chara_02-23-15_001.jpg

SKSV_Chara_02-23-15_002.jpg
That would be badass! So like, two characters in one?

What about a bishounen lad that sometimes turns into a lassie or vice-versa? And then there's a taunt which can change from male to female.

Kronin

Hype dying as reality seta in that it will likely be just another weeaboo anime girl.

And before people get on me for being negative, look it the damn track records for dlc characters.

Phase 4 and Nyotengu are not exactly what I would call "weaboo anime girls", rather heavily influenced from the Japanese fictional culture if you are thinking to a genetical experiment (put aside for a moment that she shares appearence and moveset with Kasumi) and to a being associated with the tengu folklore. The same could be said for Raidou that, even if wasn't created from scratch, again it was included in the DLC roster.

I believe that people should try to come with ideas involving characters that could be appreciated from both Western and Eastern fans and suggest them to TN (reminding that to appeal everyone is simply impossible). The East could have a predilection for feminine characters, but the "moe kind" is not the only thing that they would appreciate.

Last edited:

Argentus

Phase 4 and Nyotengu are not what I would call exactly "weaboo anime girls", rather heavily influenced from the Japanese fictional culture if you are thinking to a genetical experiment (put aside for a moment that she shares appearence and moveset with Kasumi) and to a being associated with the tengu folklore. The same could be said for Raidou that, even if wasn't created from scratch, again it was included in the DLC roster.

I believe that people should try to come with ideas involving characters that could be appreciated from both Western and Eastern fans and suggest them to TN (reminding that to appeal everyone is simply impossible). The East could have a predilection for feminine characters, but the "moe kind" is not the only thing that they would appreciate.
Phase 4 is a copypaste of kasumi so that's a separate matter.
Nyo is the classic Japanese noblewoman type
Marie rose is the stereotypical loli, right down to a totally nondescript design.
Honoka is a copypaste of an existing anime character.
Raidou started as akuma but was turned into Cyber akuma.

Marie rose is the only character who I give any credit to, for being the only dlc character with a new, unique moveset.

But that's 0.5 out of 5. Terrible track record.

I do like the idea of community suggestions but would tn ever care, and would east and west ever agree?

Kronin

I do like the idea of community suggestions but would tn ever care, and would east and west ever agree?

There is an apparent - far from being confirmed - possibility that the final appearence of Nyotengu could have been partially influenced from a Synce sketch sent to TN; same thing for her poplular "lick lips" act judging from the many times that Bokuho posted his gif here (place that is followed from TN's members) and on DOAW.

Kronin

Synce is secretly working for TN.

Naah, I believe that characters as Tina, Marie Rose, Honoka or Alpha would have got a very different vestiary in that case xD

PS: No, in the case of Alpha actually she would have got a vestiary... :(

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I'm guessing new female which is most likely to happen. Secretly hoping Lauren but would she be considered "new"?

werewolfgold

What I would want in order from most to least:
  1. A male character from a country not yet represented, preferably not Asian/Caucasian.
  2. A male character. Just any guy character really.
  3. Irene. She'd probably be more useful in a DOA tournament than hunting demons.
  4. Ms. Monday. Her design stands out. Red hair, tattoos. I can dig it.
  5. Someone transgender or of ambiguous gender. At the very least, it'd defy any and all expectations. And I'm down for devs trying to throw curve balls. (The ensuing fight would also be greatly entertaining. Dance, puppets.)
  6. A female character from a country not yet represented, preferably not Asian/Caucasian.
If it is none of the above, then TN would have to reeeeeeeally put their thinking caps on to make me not want to sneak into their office and start punching people in the face.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I'm guessing new female which is most likely to happen. Secretly hoping Lauren but would she be considered "new"?

can i even snap a ghosts neck though?

im a bit calmed down again and looking back i've mostly enjoyed the DLC characters

Phase-4: it might be because i dont play Kasumi, but i found P4 to be quite fun and interesting to play as. if possible id like for her to somehow get the Leon treatment and just became her own character with minor similarities to Kasumi. at the very least give her brand new grabs.

Nyotengu: i like her, pretty sure i would i have liked the character even without the sex change but whats done is done and the end result is someone fun to play as.

Marie Rose: i dislike the character for numerous reasons, but she's new and original.

Raidou & Honoka: both copy characters and as much as i dislike Honoka and say she's lazy, that's probably all they could afford to do. yeah her design is generic, but the alternative could have been they give a really cool and interesting character that moveset and just ruin their potential.

Hazard

Standard Donor
The only expectation I am hoping for is that she's actually original....you know...like how MR was.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
The only expectation I am hoping for is that she's actually original....you know...like how MR was.

unless they plan on giving us a new Genra they kind of have to. they're running out of assets they can reuse. then again i said that about Honoka and look how that turned out.

Argentus

Character design notwithstanding...
She was the least original visually, but the most original move set.

unless they plan on giving us a new Genra they kind of have to. they're running out of assets they can reuse. then again i said that about Honoka and look how that turned out.
I'm guessing they'll start in with clones of the other ninjas now. Or just Kasumi Delta Defcon Beta 5 or some crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD