DOA5LR New character expectations (Spring 2016)

Who is the new character?

• Genra (or his inheritor)

• VF Character

• Shiden

• Irene

• Ms. Monday

• Rio

• Niki

• New male

• New female

• Other (Donovan, Miyako, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentus

General concensus seems to be

"Don't particularly dislike her, but they should've picked a different Warriors girl if they wanted to add something new to DOA."

This just a huge problem because they hyped her up by saying they were doing something they've never done before. And this is literally everything they've already done before.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

You do remember that
Ryu Hayabusa, Momiji, Spartan and Rachel are all weapon users reformatted for DOA, and the opposite had been done for Ayane and Kasumi, right?

Its not that the community is "toxic" its that we have STANDARDS. Yes I hope like Marie she brings new mechanics to the table. But as a character she doesn't at all, and people are sick and tired of that.

Also lol at "maybe they'll bring in that newer personality instead". Ha no they won't. we know that from experience.

1. I like how you brought that up...
You do know that Momiji is barely that original right past a few moves while Rachel is basically a copy and paste from Nicole right? All you are doing is proving my point in the fact that Momiji, Spartan and Rachel can't randomly pull their weapons out and attack people. There's also the fact that the characters themselves are DEFINED by their weapons in SW and DW, not just their personalities so removing one might as well make the character pointless and a waste of time vs. just making a brand new character.

2. Oh don't give me that shit about motherfucking standards!
You are literally the same person who goes insane everytime Mila doesn't have a costume that you want because "It's not right for her" despite very little of the DLC costumes fit the characters' personalities.

3. You got a time machine there? Can I get in on that?

Pretty much this Xhomid is losing his shit over nothing.
Yep, because you can't just look on GameFAQs or here or Facebook and see that you are lying out of your ass like usual...

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Okay seriously, I'm getting so fucking tired of this bullshit.
I guess I now am seeing where everyone is saying where DOA's toxic community is coming from. I looked on here and I see from Facebook people more or less bitching rather than using their fucking heads and thinking. There is literally only a few people thinking rationally vs. the cavalcade of people so full of themselves that it's honestly sad that they even have brains.

I honestly need to ask...did anyone literally ask for WEAPON USERS TO BE IN DOA? Genra is literally the only person in DOA that uses a weapon and suddenly, people are pretending that in a game that is trying to be competitive that we need someone with more range than the entire fucking cast!? Are you serious?

Or how about "Another fucking woman!?" Despite how there is now a 15 male, 20 females in the game...when Fighting games is usually overwhelming male or female, never equal or slightly equal to each other.

Or even the freaking fact that this was done to bring in more players? Nah fuck them, let's just bitch to bitch, fuck gameplay, just whine that she's a big breasted moe character because Honoka and let's start lumping all the girls together as moe so we can have more things to bitch about huh?

Like Oh My Fucking God, get a grip on yourselves, the fucking Salt as Awakened and honestly, I'm getting so damn tired of the fucking crying.
Seriously, Naotora is getting people to leave the game? Well fucking good then, it's honestly getting tiresome for the same fuckers who are trying their hardest to get the game to be competitive, they immediately quit because "It's not a male character BAAAW" or 'It's another Moe character BAAW" and even ignore the simple fact that it's another guest character specifically to bring in more people to DOA, let's completely ignore that shit.

Or hey, let's forget that according to TvTropes, Samurai Warriors 4-2 actually NOTICED the issue of her being too moe despite being a Daimyo and fixed it:

And not even hope that they carry over that personality instead.

Jesus fucking Christ, the only thing that is killing the game is the fucking community itself, never Team Ninja(even Street Fighter fans bitched far less than this when fucking Laura and F.A.N.G. was announced and don't tell me that community is the crowning of exellence).
Yet another voice of reason.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I'm not lying I'm voicing my opinion I did it once on here and once on TNs Facebook so they could see my disapproval, just like I always do.

Now if 100 people decide to do the same thing I can't stop that, but maybe that happened for a reason and TN should take notice.

Dark-truth

Pretty much this Xhomid is losing his shit over nothing.
He's not losing his shit. :/ he is right most of you complain about this whine about that just stop being little bitches and enjoy the fucking game ! Damn if you dislike TN and the characters so much just fuck off to Mario kart or something else because we don't need Whiney bitches who don't enjoy the game and complain about everything that gets added
Okay seriously, I'm getting so fucking tired of this bullshit.
I guess I now am seeing where everyone is saying where DOA's toxic community is coming from. I looked on here and I see from Facebook people more or less bitching rather than using their fucking heads and thinking. There is literally only a few people thinking rationally vs. the cavalcade of people so full of themselves that it's honestly sad that they even have brains.

I honestly need to ask...did anyone literally ask for WEAPON USERS TO BE IN DOA? Genra is literally the only person in DOA that uses a weapon and suddenly, people are pretending that in a game that is trying to be competitive that we need someone with more range than the entire fucking cast!? Are you serious?

Or how about "Another fucking woman!?" Despite how there is now a 15 male, 20 females in the game...when Fighting games is usually overwhelming male or female, never equal or slightly equal to each other.

Or even the freaking fact that this was done to bring in more players? Nah fuck them, let's just bitch to bitch, fuck gameplay, just whine that she's a big breasted moe character because Honoka and let's start lumping all the girls together as moe so we can have more things to bitch about huh?

Like Oh My Fucking God, get a grip on yourselves, the fucking Salt as Awakened and honestly, I'm getting so damn tired of the fucking crying.
Seriously, Naotora is getting people to leave the game? Well fucking good then, it's honestly getting tiresome for the same fuckers who are trying their hardest to get the game to be competitive, they immediately quit because "It's not a male character BAAAW" or 'It's another Moe character BAAW" and even ignore the simple fact that it's another guest character specifically to bring in more people to DOA, let's completely ignore that shit.

Or hey, let's forget that according to TvTropes, Samurai Warriors 4-2 actually NOTICED the issue of her being too moe despite being a Daimyo and fixed it:

And not even hope that they carry over that personality instead.

Jesus fucking Christ, the only thing that is killing the game is the fucking community itself, never Team Ninja(even Street Fighter fans bitched far less than this when fucking Laura and F.A.N.G. was announced and don't tell me that community is the crowning of exellence).
i agree 100%

Sammy-Fu

I'm personally excited, not really for the character since i'm pretty indifferent but for the fact......I COULD GET SOME ****ING FATAL FRAME UP IN THIS HO.

Please Tecmo, grant me a Fatal Frame rep one day........*Prays to Tecmo Gods*

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
It's not even a big dislike for her it's just constant dissapointments and this is the third moe it's now officially a pattern. one we know isn't going to change.

I'm not lying I'm voicing my opinion I did it once on here and once on TNs Facebook so they could see my disapproval, just like I always do.

Now if 100 people decide to do the same thing I can't stop that, but maybe that happened for a reason and TN should take notice.

No you haven't, the DOA Main Group is FAR more civil with this then the Competitive Group and I was actually there and so was Awesmic and people there is acting as if TN has pretty much tossed F.A.N.G. at us with him having the story effectiveness like Akuma could in Tekken 7 with how stupid people been acting with it.

You are basically acting like I'm raging over nothing when this was the same shit with Nyotengu, Honoka and now Naotora(hell in same cases, even RAIDOU got this same crying treatment). And unlike Phase 4 and Marie where people had reasons that made sense, most people is just making up excuses instead of actual reasons(and even that was a steady decline since Bankotsubo being removed for Nyo makes sense, then people IMMEDIATELY whined about Honoka because Moe and now the same here).

If you don't want to get the character, fine go to the source and let them know. Polluting the goddamn Competitive Site with this nonsense is gonna give people the dumbest impressions, especially since a good chunk of it is baseless reasoning.

It's not even a big dislike for her it's just constant dissapointments and this is the third moe it's now officially a pattern. one we know isn't going to change.

You are going to say Marie is the first right? And looking at the Wikipedia example of Moe...ALL THE FEMALES AND MALES IN THIS GAME CAN BE MOE!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_(slang)
Moe used in slang refers to feelings of affection, adoration, devotion, and excitement felt towards characters that appear in manga, anime, or video games. Characters that elicit feelings of moe are called "moe characters."[1][2] The word has also evolved to be used regarding all kinds of topics.[3][4][5] Included in the meaning of the word is the idea that "deep feelings felt towards a particular subject" is used in cases where a simple "like" is not enough to express the feeling.[2] The common feature in all feelings of moe is that the subject of such feelings are things that one cannot possibly have a real relationship with, like fictional characters, idols, or inorganic substances. It can be considered a kind of "pseudo-romance,"[3] but it is not always seen to be the same as "romance."[3][5]

So yeah, I think people have been tossing the word around without knowing what it means...just like everything else these days...

IDK about y'all, but if I don't like something TN adds to this game I'm going to express my distaste for it on a public forum so they have a chance to see it. I'm not spending any more cash on this game.

Anyway, boring choice. I would have preferred

Atleast you are doing that rather than pollute the forums and not even think about the reasons why they selected her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Argentus

1. I like how you brought that up...
You do know that Momiji is barely that original right past a few moves while Rachel is basically a copy and paste from Nicole right? All you are doing is proving my point in the fact that Momiji, Spartan and Rachel can't randomly pull their weapons out and attack people. There's also the fact that the characters themselves are DEFINED by their weapons in SW and DW, not just their personalities so removing one might as well make the character pointless and a waste of time vs. just making a brand new character.

2. Oh don't give me that shit about motherfucking standards!
You are literally the same person who goes insane everytime Mila doesn't have a costume that you want because "It's not right for her" despite very little of the DLC costumes fit the characters' personalities.

3. You got a time machine there? Can I get in on that?

Yep, because you can't just look on GameFAQs or here or Facebook and see that you are lying out of your ass like usual...

Lol

1) pointing out that momiji and Rachel use borrowed moves doesn't dispute the point at all. (Also no Rachel's not a copy paste of Nicole she only shares a couple animations. Its the difference between Bayman and Leon. Only a couple animations shared but overall strings, and gameplay are wildly different). As for characters being defined by their weapons....again haha no, at least in Dwarriors characters are always changing out weapons.

2) "because "It's not right for her" despite very little of the DLC costumes fit the characters' personalities."

So you're pointing to something you flat out admit is also a problem? All you've done is prove my point: we have standards which is why most dlc packs get complaints aside from a select few costumes.

3 . Yes I have a time machine. Its called "memory". It allows for the miracle of recalling the past, and hindsight. DOA is on a trend of moe, and this girl isn't going to get any real development so its 90:10 shell be pure moe in DOA.

He's not losing his shit. :/ he is right most of you complain about this whine about that just stop being little bitches and enjoy the fucking game !

1) yes he's losing his shit over nothing, hence the massive cuss filled wall post, which is silly because

2) we aren't even complaining or hating on the game, just going "meh" and pointing out how she adds nothing to game and going on to keep using the characters we do like to continue enjoying the game.

Brute

Standard Donor
Gaining that would be a freaking boon compared to seeing the DOA community again prove itself right in that it's own community is killing the game, not Team Ninja.
I don't care that you don't like the character, the utter stupidity and lack of thinking is what pisses me off, especially when it's obvious in thinking for about a few seconds.
The points you raise are, by my standards, so cursory and limited that to equate them to brain power would be a disservice to the wonderful organs that serve as our thought centers. Simply because I do not articulate every perfunctory point on a subject does not mean that I do not consider them all at equal or greater length than you have. I merely feel that reciting them does not stimulate interesting dialogue. Rather, they serve only as boring exposition to regurgitate old news.

Your ostentatious display is driven by a knee-jerk emotional reaction, not a "logical" one driven by someone who is "thinking" (much like those you are lambasting). It is unwise to boast, even implicitly, that you exclusively are using your brain here. I'm not trying to be condescending, but you look crazy with this display. I would suggest you take a moment, step back from the computer and do something else for a bit until you've calmed down.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
One final word before I get into once again with xhomid this is a forum meant to discuss the new character. There is no subtext that requires you to be happy for said character.

Anyhow I'm done. I'll see y'all whenever

Dark-truth

Lol

1) pointing out that momiji and Rachel use borrowed moves doesn't dispute the point at all. (Also no Rachel's not a copy paste of Nicole she only shares a couple animations. Its the difference between Bayman and Leon. Only a couple animations shared but overall strings, and gameplay are wildly different). As for characters being defined by their weapons....again haha no, at least in Dwarriors characters are always changing out weapons.

2) "because "It's not right for her" despite very little of the DLC costumes fit the characters' personalities."

So you're pointing to something you flat out admit is also a problem? All you've done is prove my point: we have standards which is why most dlc packs get complaints aside from a select few costumes.

3 . Yes I have a time machine. Its called "memory". It allows for the miracle of recalling the past, and hindsight. DOA is on a trend of moe, and this girl isn't going to get any real development so its 90:10 shell be pure moe in DOA.

1) yes he's losing his shit over nothing, hence the massive cuss filled wall post, which is silly because

2) we aren't even complaining or hating on the game, just going "meh" and pointing out how she adds nothing to game and going on to keep using the characters we do like to continue enjoying the game.
Okay 1 question what does mila add to the game ? does she actually matter ?
And he's not losing his shit he's actually pointing out what most people do, Read everything back what was said in the thread and statuses when NaoNao-Chan just got pronounced, most of it is negative because they didnt got what they expected and then go nag like salty Thots same happened with hono nyo and raidou also with DLC Costumes everyone complains and is never satisfied and this will never stop unless people change and be more positive

The points you raise are, by my standards, so cursory and limited that to equate them to brain power would be a disservice to the wonderful organs that serve as our thought centers. Simply because I do not articulate every perfunctory point on a subject does not mean that I do not consider them all at equal or greater length than you have. I merely feel that reciting them does not stimulate interesting dialogue. Rather, they serve only as boring exposition to regurgitate old news.

Your ostentatious display is driven by a knee-jerk emotional reaction, not a "logical" one driven by someone who is "thinking." For reference, statistically speaking, using the most commonly accepted scale for measuring brain "use," my capacity is scored above more than 97.5% of the human population, let alone the DOA fanbase. It is unwise to boast that you exclusively are using your brain in present company. I'm not trying to be condescending, but you look like a rabid lunatic. I would suggest you take a moment, step back from the computer and do something else for a bit until you've calmed down.

You need to say that to everyone else before I walk away...and last time I checked, when did I say specifically that I was the voice of reason here? Awesmic stated I was but I absolutely believe I'm acting just as crazy as everyone else here as the community chooses to act this way.

Okay, for one DW7 had weapon switching and secondly, there's maybe 1-2 fist users in DW...that I think are there to begin with as the others uses Staffs or Nunchaku. For Two again they do borrow moves and for some people, that alone is enough as it's obvious with Honoka.

And Costumes for most games in general doesn't fit the characters so why is it in DOA that it's a problem? I highly doubt any Street Fighter character would wear the DLC outfits they got recently as an actual character trait.

Okay dude, then point to me some actual examples of this and again, see my point of the definition of Moe before you say anything else.

Most likely gonna take Brute's advice because if I don't, probably going to ex-communicate myself from FSD because I may believe it's a lost cause completely at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD