DOA5LR New character expectations (Spring 2016)

Who is the new character?

• Genra (or his inheritor)

• VF Character

• Shiden

• Irene

• Ms. Monday

• Rio

• Niki

• New male

• New female

• Other (Donovan, Miyako, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronin

I believe that your answer wasn't really serious @Dark-truth, however for the sake to give a response to me seems that the points indicated don't give this idea of Eliot.

Team Ninja like to joke on the fact that Eliot has a pretty look and surely his ability to customize glasses and hair as the females was blinking the eye to it. But in DoA5 appear clear as Eliot has really straight preferences considering his attraction toward Ayane or Christie, if something the joke is that he doesn't show his virility being the classic young boy clumsy with the other sex. So he is far from being a "macho man" as Leon or lacks the sureness (or better impudence) of Brad Wong, but he is not someone not attracted from the women.

About Eliot having the nailpolish on his new outfit, this was the will of his author Tyaren and not of Team Ninja xD He designed the outfit in this way, TN just applied them for being the most loyal possible to the original concept art. Finally, about Eliot loving the milk this is maybe the most straight hint possible: a similar concept is usually used in a sexual way for indicating as someone likes the female breast (and even in the famous cutscene of the game where Eliot ask for milk there is the same relationship between the two things).

And, of course, if also Eliot was gay there wouldn't be nothing of bad (but I hope that it's no necessary to mention it).

Last edited:

Argentus

I think honoka is pansexual
She only has eyes for

peterpan.jpg

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
We expect it'll be another stock anime archetype like most of the other dlc girls.

What else is there to talk about?
I just didn't know whether to comment on the Eliot thing or this, but other than that, weven really don't have much to talk about regarding the character....at least till TN will hurry up and put the character in the Arcade version and we can rt a glimpse.

BATGIRL

Massive wall of text

Honestly, i think you're looking too deep into this. For one, DOA has always been one of the biggest games to use their females for erotic exploitation. Remember, this was the first game ever to introduce the "bouncing breasts" option and a "beach volleyball" game, which is pretty much nothing more than just an excuse to to display their characters in ridiculously tiny bikinis, so it shouldn't be THAT much of a surprise to anyone that they would eventually add a "Loli" to their character line-up.
At least with Marie Rose, there is this sort of self-awareness that makes her almost like a parody, or a young woman who purposely uses her youthful looks to her own advantage. See her defeat move, where she's crying, but then she looks up for a moment, and then continues. Making it seem very much like she's just pretending.
This is very different behavior from what we see in a character like the 12 year-old Gothic Lolita Amy in Soul Calibur. That game is set in a dark fantasy, and Amy Sorel actually has a stepfather who's completely obsessed with her and calls her his "beloved". Amy's behaves like a very lonely and depressed girl. That behavior combined with Raphael's creepy obsession really gave a very sick undertone of a pedophile and his victim, that Namco pretty much put on display in their games. The PsP game Soul Calibur Broken Destiny actually has Raphael fighting Dampierre over Amy Much much creepier than any of this lighthearted bubblegum level Lolicon stuff we see from Marie Rose in DoA.

werewolfgold

This is very different behavior from what we see in a character like the 12 year-old Gothic Lolita Amy in Soul Calibur. That game is set in a dark fantasy, and Amy Sorel actually has a stepfather who's completely obsessed with her and calls her his "beloved". Amy's behaves like a very lonely and depressed girl. That behavior combined with Raphael's creepy obsession really gave a very sick undertone of a pedophile and his victim, that Namco pretty much put on display in their games. The PsP game Soul Calibur Broken Destiny actually has Raphael fighting Dampierre over Amy Much much creepier than any of this lighthearted bubblegum level Lolicon stuff we see from Marie Rose in DoA.
I never once thought about Raphael and Amy that way. Not saying you're completely wrong, but it's possible that you're looking too deep into that.

Raphael has always been portrayed as slightly psychopathic. But given that Amy saved his life twice, and on the second time ended up getting poisoned by Soul Edge, his wanting to change the world into malfesteds so she can live freely makes sense for his character. And his comments regarding her aren't so far outside a self-sacrificing father and venturing into that other type of thing...

Now, Dampierre? That mofo sells children into slavery, so I'd bet Raphael wouldn't be that friendly with him over Amy.

SoftCabbage

Ami from Soul Calibur? Jesus, I'd prefer this loli look over Marie Rose's.

Btw I'm still hoping for a MILF. That's one direction never done before.

We got youngsters, kids, elder, brute, robo-zombie, but no MILF-DILF. Animals can stay in Tekken, SC, and zoos.

Maybe it's just me, but one of the things I don't like from MR is that she's typical anime loli girl. Meanwhile, Honoka acts like that typical J-girl band, which to be honest, their way of trying to be cute, is actually make me irk. So far I can remember, Ami didn't act like this and she looks more 17 than MR no matter if her real status is 12.

Apparently I just don't like the way they act and their fighting moves. Still half regret buying the LR Character Pack until this day. Hopefully they can be more beefed up next and MR can be more grown up like Lili instead.

At first, I found MR and Honoka to be a cool kids that's good for trolling game. Seriously.

Banana56

A yanki/sukeban girl would be cool too.

For those who don't know what a yanki is, it's the female equivalent to a bancho. And both are delinquents and/or gang members. A sukeban being the leader of a girl gang. Examples
7881579569fe42e5a2bcd9141b4cf2b3.jpg

nagomu-gal.jpg

__sukeban___by_lain_luscious.jpg

Seeing how Phase 4 is nothing like the yanki/sukeban concepts (as I am sure she was always planned to be who she is now), I think the concepts under NyoTengu's are of the new character.
yErJcUI.jpg

Plus since if they use Genra's moveset fpr the new character, it could look right since Japanese gangs usually fight with those bamboo swords plus the rough fighting style could work for the character too. And TN have never went towards the "bad girl" direction so it's possible.

Last edited:

Argentus

Honestly, i think you're looking too deep into this. For one, DOA has always been one of the biggest games to use their females for erotic exploitation. Remember, this was the first game ever to introduce the "bouncing breasts" option and a "beach volleyball" game, which is pretty much nothing more than just an excuse to to display their characters in ridiculously tiny bikinis, so it shouldn't be THAT much of a surprise to anyone that they would eventually add a "Loli" to their character line-up.
At least with Marie Rose, there is this sort of self-awareness that makes her almost like a parody, or a young woman who purposely uses her youthful looks to her own advantage. See her defeat move, where she's crying, but then she looks up for a moment, and then continues. Making it seem very much like she's just pretending.
The difference is that you can pick Amy Sorel out if a crowd. Marie is generic as hell. rather they'd taken the loli topic on a serious note like batman

But for the love of god Marie rose needs an overhaul on her design.

A yanki/sukeban girl would be cool too.

For those who don't know what a yanki is, it's the female equivalent to a bancho. And both are delinquents and/or gang members. A sukeban being the leader of a girl gang. Examples
7881579569fe42e5a2bcd9141b4cf2b3.jpg

nagomu-gal.jpg

__sukeban___by_lain_luscious.jpg

Seeing how Phase 4 is nothing like the yanki/sukeban concepts (as I am sure she was always planned to be who she is now), I think the concepts under NyoTengu's are of the new character.
yErJcUI.jpg

Plus since if they use Genra's moveset fpr the new character, it could look right since Japanese gangs usually fight with those bamboo swords plus the rough fighting style could work for the character too. And TN have never went towards the "bad girl" direction so it's possible.
Digimon recently did that as well
tumblr_n7uvw0s98O1qm1tv5o1_400.jpg

latest

Last edited:

SoftCabbage

Lili from Tekken also can be considered as loli, right? But she just come with mature appearance and probably doesn't attract people lol.

I don't know.

Argentus

Lili from Tekken also can be considered as loli, right? But she just come with mature appearance and probably doesn't attract people lol.

I don't know.
Not at all no. She's another anime girl type, The Oujou or however you spell it, like Helena and Karin.

Banana56

I don't know.

Lili is a lolita. Loli's are girls under the age of 13 and/or have child like appearences (examples: Marie Rose, Platinum from Blazblue, Himiko from Warriors Orochi, ect).

Last edited:

Dark-truth

I believe that your answer wasn't really serious @Dark-truth, however for the sake to give a response to me seems that the points indicated don't give this idea of Eliot.

Team Ninja like to joke on the fact that Eliot has a pretty look and surely his ability to customize glasses and hair as the females was blinking the eye to it. But in DoA5 appear clear as Eliot has really straight preferences considering his attraction toward Ayane or Christie, if something the joke is that he doesn't show his virility being the classic young boy clumsy with the other sex. So he is far from being a "macho man" as Leon or lacks the sureness (or better impudence) of Brad Wong, but he is not someone not attracted from the women.

About Eliot having the nailpolish on his new outfit, this was the will of his author Tyaren and not of Team Ninja xD He designed the outfit in this way, TN just applied them for being the most loyal possible to the original concept art. Finally, about Eliot loving the milk this is maybe the most straight hint possible: a similar concept is usually used in a sexual way for indicating as someone likes the female breast (and even in the famous cutscene of the game where Eliot ask for milk there is the same relationship between the two things).

And, of course, if also Eliot was gay there wouldn't be nothing of bad (but I hope that it's no necessary to mention it).
you're right or he might be bi

Dark-truth

I hope for a hero type of male that has a split identity and then change evil

like that his move set has an evil stance and a good stance i hope it's a male like that i wouldn't mind another female though i know it's disappointing but we know how TN is so we can't expect much from them

Juihau

I don't know.
She's not a loli in terms of character or appearance, no, but her outfits take some clear inspiration from the Lolita fashion style. Marie's C1 and C4 also happen to take inspiration from the same fashion, which may lead to some confusion. The terms also come from the same source, a 1955 novel titled Lolita, but are otherwise unrelated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD