DOA5LR New character expectations (Spring 2016)

Who is the new character?

• Genra (or his inheritor)

• VF Character

• Shiden

• Irene

• Ms. Monday

• Rio

• Niki

• New male

• New female

• Other (Donovan, Miyako, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
IIRC Honoka was revealed 5 months after her tease. A month before last round released in february.

Omegax

If some did not know team ninja did a collaboration with square enix ob a new final fantasy dissidia. It could be possible we could get a melee fighter cross over from final fantasy like tifa lockhart, or something along those lines. It is just a fanboy dream i guess. Haha

Banana56

If some did not know team ninja did a collaboration with square enix ob a new final fantasy dissidia. It could be possible we could get a melee fighter cross over from final fantasy like tifa lockhart, or something along those lines. It is just a fanboy dream i guess. Haha

Tbh I can actually see the new character being an original DOA character inspired by Final Fantasy, similar to how Nicole was inspired by Halo.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor

they already said there were no plans for crossovers

Kronin

they already said there were no plans for crossovers

I'm pretty sure that we will not get corssovers characters, more their words about the new character confirm that it's going to be a new creation from TN. But when did they explicitely state that there are no plans for a similar thing?

David Gregg

I'm glad to hear another character is on the horizon but in the spring? At this point why not just start developing 6 and save the character for then? Although at least with a spring release they should be able to create a character with a unique moveset this time. Lol

Kronin

I'm glad to hear another character is on the horizon but in the spring? At this point why not just start developing 6 and save the character for then? Although at least with a spring release they should be able to create a character with a unique moveset this time. Lol

The thing can't be compared imo, DoA6 is not a game with only different/more characters but something that needs to evolve/mutate its gameplay together with new mechanics, stages and hopefully modes, just like happens for all the fighting games.

To create new characters and movesets is of course fundamental, but I really think that is the lesser problem compared to the rest. While TN couldn't have problems to release now ideas for new characters - in addition of course for a revenue matter from KT - Shimbori explicitely stated as the Team got already new ideas for mechanics but decide purposefully to not include them in the DoA5 remakes instead waiting for the next game. The reason was to not compromise the already good formula of the DoA5 series, but imo another reason could be even the one to guarantee originality for the next future.

Argentus

The thing can't be compared imo, DoA6 is not a game with only different/more characters but something that needs to evolve/mutate its gameplay together with new mechanics, stages and hopefully modes, just like happens for all the fighting games.

To create new characters and movesets is of course fundamental, but I really think that is the lesser problem compared to the rest. While TN couldn't have problems to release now ideas for new characters - in addition of course for a revenue matter from KT - Shimbori explicitely stated as the Team got already new ideas for mechanics but decide purposefully to not include them in the DoA5 remakes instead waiting for the next game. The reason was to not compromise the already good formula of the DoA5 series, but imo another reason could be even the one to guarantee originality for the next future.
Though judging by track record, the reality is they're waiting for tekken 7 and SF5 to come out so they can get ideas on what else to rip off.

Number 13

Not like fighters...or even games in general are strangers about 'ripping off' from each other. That includes SF and Tekken during the course of their series growth. Your gonna be hard pressed finding some legitimate innovation in this day and age.

Kronin

Though judging by track record, the reality is they're waiting for tekken 7 and SF5 to come out so they can get ideas on what else to rip off.

Tekken 7 apparently made the same with his version of the power blow: like @Number 13 said it's not something that other figthing series don't already do and in addition DoA continue anyway to keep its own identity in the gameplay.

Last edited:

Me want Kasumi

What if the new character was inspired my Ladybeard?
ladybeard-crossdressing-wrestler-death-metal-singer-01.jpg

p23-ladybeard-a-20150426.jpg

bd1903a6-0386-4145-a1ee-97c4e469d80f.jpeg

ladybeard-ladybaby_member_v4.jpg

16ZSxY4.jpg

ladybeard_pinup.jpg

For people who want a badass male and for people who want a kawaii character, well a character like him would fufill both wishes. Plus LadyBaby is pretty popular in Japan so I could see TN trying to make a character inspired by him lol.

Last edited:

Kronin

Ahaha! Now I know what will persecute me in my nightmares this evening xD

By the way the guy seems sympathetic and it's truly extraordinary to see a western popular person in the Japanese "anime" industry.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

For people who want a badass male and for people who want a kawaii character, well a character like him would fufill both wishes. Plus LadyBaby is pretty popular in Japan so I could see TN trying to make a character inspired by him lol.
on the left it's bass with leifang and hitomi and on the right it's bass with marie and honoka

Banana56

p23-ladybeard-a-20150426.jpg

bd1903a6-0386-4145-a1ee-97c4e469d80f.jpeg

ladybeard-ladybaby_member_v4.jpg

16ZSxY4.jpg

ladybeard_pinup.jpg

Lol with Marie Rose and Honoka being in the game, having a male character like Ladybeard would make them the most kawaii trio ever!!!!

I would take Lady Beard over Miss Monday ..
lol

But then again its just Bass in a dress ... can easily be a DLC costume .. lol

He and Gen Fu can have a set
tumblr_n1990tz4ZH1r2fm6fo3_1280.jpg

Along with the other male characters lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD