New Character Rig joins the Dead or Alive 5 Cast

It looks like Rig has finally been announced, and with it is a new trailer of him fighting Christie and Bass on an oil rig.

[medio]450[/medio]

Rig is a Tae Kwon Do user from Canada who apparently is working on an oil rig with Bass Armstrong of all people. Bass is also repairing his bike while in the middle of the ocean doing his job in the mean time. You even get to see a return of his DOA3.1/3.2 4F+P launching throw.

Apparently there's also some history with Rig and Christie. I'm sure we'll find out once the game hits store shelves on September 25th so be sure to pick up your copy at launch day.

Update: Koei-Tecmo has provided the following bio for Rig:

Koei-Tecmo said:
Rig
- A natural born fighter, he has used his powerful instincts to master of the art of taekwondo. He has run the oil rig from a young age, and his colleagues simply call him "Rig." But even he doesn't know his real name or where he comes from.

Fighting Style: He learned taekwondo on the oil rig, which led him to create his own style, with plenty of moves he came up with himself.

The stills for Bass and Rig are displayed below:

Screens released related to the trailer:

Stage

Rig versus Bass

Rig versus Christie

Perhaps that's why Bayman has a scar, to differentiate him from Rig :p

I was thinking the exact same thing ...
The only differences seem to be the scar and hair. They have the same face ... same jaw structure .. everything ..

Plus, they both have a screwed up childhood story..
One raised in an oil rig and has amnesia, and the other a war victim from childhood ...
Then, there's also the Christie factor ...

So either Twins/siblings... or .. one is a clone of the other...

...Again, I wish They would just have like a secret file on Project Epsilon and have an Ein Clone come out of nowhere. That would be the most epic thing.. And just call him Ein and keep him with his own persona. Hell, even let Hitomi have a crush on him etc...
(for the love of God .. just don't call him Zwei.. LOL)

...Again, I wish They would just have like a secret file on Project Epsilon and have an Ein Clone come out of nowhere. That would be the most epic thing.. And just call him Ein and keep him with his own persona. Hell, even let Hitomi have a crush on him etc...

That's what I'm talkin about!

There's virtually no excuse to not have Ein return to the cast. I'd see him return as an evil version, just causing havoc and messin up everyones plans out of sheer will of destruction! Loose canon style!

Maybe hes Baymans son!!! GASP!! Probably wont make sense since Baymans not old enough for a son that old. But yeah they do look alike.

What is it with fighting game fans and wanting every character to be in some way related with another?

I just don't get it, but carry on... I guess.

We don't want any of that, I'd rather see Rig being an independent character like Brad was. But I'm so disappointed (I can't find another adjective, I'm just a bit surprised maybe) by his face which is so Bayman-esque that I'd rather see him as a sibling than just a lazy coincidence. I mean, they have the same nose, the same jaw, the same expressions... it can't just be a coincidence, sorry.

But yeah, I like the character overall. I'm not complaining.

N Christie's the mamma ... Yum yum ...

lol I wouldn't want my mama to flirt with me like that o_0

What is it with fighting game fans and wanting every character to be in some way related with another?

Good question...
Personally, I guess I like when things make sense. Also, relations between characters (beyond family ties) creates situational interactions and therefore adds personality to characters... Characters with personality are more credible. Credible characters entice player engagement.

Well, It all depends on how they play it. It can be either really cool or really dumb. Like the whole half sister, daughter of Raidou story for ayane and how she ended up being part of the Hajinmon is pretty badass don't you think ?

On the other hand this is technically supposed to be like a world tournament. and it shouldn't be just about a bunch of dysfunctional families. So, I understand how annoying it can get.

But you simply can't deny the similarities. I mean Rigs face screams Bayman all over. unless the artist sucks at drawing different types of males and only did a hair swap, which I find hard to believe since hes done such a great job with Hayate, Zack and bass's faces (yet to see mask-less busa.. )

I personally don't mind siblings as much as I hate clones or twins because I feel they are just a cheap and easy way to create a character with a budget cut. Especially in 3D where redrawing sprites is not an issue.

But, for Ein.... I would make an exception since he's always been there. Simply because I feel that losing a character's moveset/image/personality is a total waste. I hate having sequels with missing characters (one of the biggest turn-offs of SCV), even though I dont even play Ein...

But, it would be interesting if they made an evil Ein clone, so that instead of saying " ii vabration da", he would say " Ima shove this vibrator up yo ASS!! " :p

Just a thought.

I was also thinking this is why they might have given us the English trailer. If they were Clones or Twins, they might even have the same voice actor....
hmmmmmm

That's what I'm talkin about!

There's virtually no excuse to not have Ein return to the cast. I'd see him return as an evil version, just causing havoc and messin up everyones plans out of sheer will of destruction! Loose canon style!

Hitomi has like 90% of his move list. I just don't see the point in him being in the series anymore.

^Look who's overthinking now, lol.
LOL I know right ? Its all his fault !

Hitomi has like 90% of his move list. I just don't see the point in him being in the series anymore.

The point of having him is the same point of having Setsuka over fucking alpha Patroklos in SCV ... Same goes for, Xianhua over Leixia and Killik over Xiba ... and Sophitia and Cassandra over the shitty personality disorder siblings.

Its a personality thing as well. A character is not just liked simply for their moves ...

Its the moves + personality + appearance + quotes .. etc. And that remaining 10% DOES make a difference ..

I really didn't have a problem with the new characters in SCV. Granted I'm not a big SC fan, but it still didn't bother me. I just used Natsu over Taki, she still pretty much played the same. Actually I liked Natsu more.

If Ein's planned to be in the game then you will see him eventually, if not, oh well, stop clamoring for it every time characters are announced.

I really didn't have a problem with the new characters in SCV. Granted I'm not a big SC fan, but it still didn't bother me. I just used Natsu over Taki, she still pretty much played the same. Actually I liked Natsu more.

If Ein's planned to be in the game then you will see him eventually, if not, oh well, stop clamoring for it every time characters are announced.

oh God... Taki over Natsu ANYDAY !!...

I agree with the answer below.

The point of having him is the same point of having Setsuka over fucking alpha Patroklos in SCV ... Same goes for, Xianhua over Leixia and Killik over Xiba ... and Sophitia and Cassandra over the shitty personality disorder siblings.

Its a personality thing as well. A character is not just liked simply for their moves ...

Its the moves + personality + appearance + quotes .. etc. And that remaining 10% DOES make a difference ..

I'd also add Ryu & Ken as examples. They evolved from simple Head Swaps to completely different characters.

Technically, an Evil Ein wouldn't be complicated to implement compared to creating a new character from scratch, plus it would make fans happy. It's a win-win...

Cow talks about Ein almost as much as he talks about tag mode. You just have to put up with it or ignore him. Those are your only options.

That said... Yoshi the First is way better than Yoshi the Second. Stupid time skip...

SPOILER:

There will be an Ein clone, he will be significantly buffed, and he will be the BOSS of the game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD