New England

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
I'll be there tonight, although if Dustin shows up I might be on Darkstalkers all night again. I do want to get some games in with Peanuts before he leaves though.

Also Peanuts, remember when you tried to teach me MK? That was fun. If you're playing MK tonight, I'd be down to get blown up again. Fair warning, I forgot what little I knew about Jade which in all honesty might be for the best because . . . y'know. It's Jade.

mcpeanuts

Gill always post it as his status. It's how I saw the last one. Hopefully we stream tonight. I'm gunna be practicing all day. Haha Mc, you gotta play some persona with me and my bro too. He's liking it.
I was sad I had to leave before we got any Persona in. Hopefully tonight I'll have time.
I'll be there tonight, although if Dustin shows up I might be on Darkstalkers all night again. I do want to get some games in with Peanuts before he leaves though.

Also Peanuts, remember when you tried to teach me MK? That was fun. If you're playing MK tonight, I'd be down to get blown up again. Fair warning, I forgot what little I knew about Jade which in all honesty might be for the best because . . . y'know. It's Jade.
Haha. If there's a setup for MK I'll definitely play! I don't play it competitively anymore but I still think it's a really fun game.

mcpeanuts

Yo Bboy VS Peanuts, TOO HYPE!

I was SOOOOO BUSY so I only saw everything in the archive. Wish you could have made it too Takeda, but hopefully we continue to grow the MA DOA scene with this level of quality play.
You know, when I was talking to Dragon later, I attributed that win mostly to neutral throwing him when he'd do something negative, cause he always tries to sidestep after. But rewatching the archives I only actually did that once. I need to get more in the habit of doing that. I always want counter hit 6P for the big combo you get off it, but against someone who doesn't press the attack when they're at frame disadvantage, it doesn't work. I mean I won but I'm not super happy watching how many times 6P got sidestepped and I got fucked up for it.

So hey, I know generally speaking Thursdays are 2D nights and Fridays are 3D nights, but what with NEC this weekend I'm not going to have a chance to go to UGS on Friday. Would anyone want to go Thursday to get some DOA in? I want to get as much practice in as possible before this weekend.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
I don't know if you saw me telling you on stream, but you really do need to throw punish more in general. Kasumi is mad unsafe on block and Dragon attacks so much that there were tons of missed opportunities for punishment. On top of that, throws are how you punish in DOA. If you punish with a strike, even if it's guaranteed, it still counts as a normal hit, which doesn't really get you much of anything. I don't know Mila at all, but I believe 6P gets you a stun, but that's all that's guaranteed since your opponent can just hold out of the stun if they know what you're going to do next. With a throw, you're guaranteed to punish for about 50 points of damage. Throws are also your quickest option on offense, so there's that too. Otherwise, good shit and congrats on taking second.

My Thursday's looking like it might clear up, so I'd be down to swing by for a bit.

mcpeanuts

I don't know if you saw me telling you on stream, but you really do need to throw punish more in general. Kasumi is mad unsafe on block and Dragon attacks so much that there were tons of missed opportunities for punishment. On top of that, throws are how you punish in DOA. If you punish with a strike, even if it's guaranteed, it still counts as a normal hit, which doesn't really get you much of anything. I don't know Mila at all, but I believe 6P gets you a stun, but that's all that's guaranteed since your opponent can just hold out of the stun if they know what you're going to do next. With a throw, you're guaranteed to punish for about 50 points of damage. Throws are also your quickest option on offense, so there's that too. Otherwise, good shit and congrats on taking second.

My Thursday's looking like it might clear up, so I'd be down to swing by for a bit.
Yeah, it's a bad habit I have. A lot of people try to keep pushing buttons even when they're like -9 or something, which means I end up getting 6P as a counter hit. Plus in a way I'm scared to punish with throws because I don't know frames that well yet and if I try to punish a move that's not actually punishable I'm gonna get hi countered. But all that said, I'm basically not doing throw punishes ever, and the correct amount of throw punishing is probably more than that.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Neutral throw is actually surprisingly effective as a throw punisher. If you're using a grappler (which I believe Mila is), there are some situations (depending on how minus they are) where if people try to break a punish they know is coming, the game will actually think that they're going for a throw themselves, meaning your throw connects on counter since your throw is one frame faster. In DOA 5 only, neutral throws on counter can't be broken, so they're basically just giving you extra damage for free. Alan Paris showed me that and I shat myself.

mcpeanuts

Unfortunately Mila has a 5 frame neutral throw for some reason, despite being in all other respects a grappler. That's good to know, though.

Gill Hustle

Yo finished moving our stuff over to the new digs in Boston at 109 Blue Hill ave 02119.

UGS is pretty much THE OFFLINE VENUE for 3D fighters notably Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and of course Dead Or Alive 5

Shop will be open Friday (tomorrow at 630pm) further date TBD as we are still working out a few things.

Here's the archive from our last DOA5 stream from about 2 weeks ago prior to move, where just about EVERY DOA player participated:

http://www.twitch.tv/ugslive/b/352011380

Give me a call 857.249.5188 for questions.

Gill Hustle

Okay looks like the New UGS is just about done. Here's a video of the last Fight Night and a vid showing how the place looks after I broke down the HUGE METRO PCS desk:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD