New Famitsu Screenshot and info (July 18)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Sorry but that would be stupid.

My apologies. I had the number wrong. She's supposed to be -11. The glitch is that the game thinks she cancelled her tackle during the throw break.

Bass is -10 on any of his throw breaks. The only character who has advantage off throw breaks is Bayman and it's only +3.

I'm surprised it took them this long to fix the glitch. I suppose it was because the players seemed to be okay with it and it added to her metagame. However, I imagine since they have changed "how she's played" they decided to remove the glitch.

Doa_Eater

My apologies. I had the number wrong. She's supposed to be -11. The glitch is that the game thinks she cancelled her tackle during the throw break.

Bass is -10 on any of his throw breaks. The only character who has advantage off throw breaks is Bayman and it's only +3.

I'm surprised it took them this long to fix the glitch. I suppose it was because the players seemed to be okay with it and it added to her metagame. However, I imagine since they have changed "how she's played" they decided to remove the glitch.

But the defense on Mila should be that she's doing an offensive hold, which while broken she keeps her offensive advantage, in theory. Kasumi,Tina and Bass are not doing offensive holds. Does Bayman lose the advantage also?

Raansu

Still stupid.

Zeo

Considering how she was nerfed after 1.03A, they really didn't need to nerf her advantage after the tackle. If she's meant to be a "striker" they better give her striking game a huge buff come 5U or she's going to be trash.

DontForkWitMe

Like i said a while ago guys, don't take all these pre-release character impressions to heart. vanilla DOA5 should prove that things can change drastically in the final version. remember when everyone was up in arms over dogg's helena impressions of being the worst character in the game and that eliot was geared to be top tier?....never forget

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Like i said a while ago guys, don't take all these pre-release character impressions to heart. vanilla DOA5 should prove that things can change drastically in the final version. remember when everyone was up in arms over dogg's helena impressions of being the worst character in the game and that eliot was geared to be top tier?....never forget
I'm pretty sure the E3 version of DOA5 was better than what we ended up getting.

KwonJigglypuff

Now that Rachel seems even wilder that Mila, what could she get as her individuality ? She doesn't look as strong as the demon killer blondie.
Maybe Mila could use the environments a little bit more? She could run on walls and then kick like a yamakasi. Maybe more parkour stuff could do the trick. She doesn't even have that many guard breaks.. What MMA moves would you like to see ?

I don't want her to end up as a boring wrestler (even though I'm sure it's not the case). I'm curious to see how she will play... I'm not burrying her yet of course, but TN's decision sounds boring.
Okay, enough with the skepticism... can't wait to see next week's gameplay videos !

Brute

Standard Donor

Finally it makes sense. Jesus. I've been pissed off for so long with grappler characters how it seems like after every throw break I'm left at a huge disadvantage except fuckin' Mila who has the most annoying, long-butt combo throw and every time I break out of it she's at advantage and can swoop back in with a few strikes right into another loop of the damn thing instantly. Never understood why she got that when others don't.

NeoJET

I don't want her to end up as a boring wrestler (even though I'm sure it's not the case).

Well, unfortunately TN gave Mila a wrestler throw, just same as Tina's 41236T. And a new movement that punches to the stomach. Both movements are NOT MMA moves. I think TN forget what martial art Mila is using.

Raansu

Finally it makes sense. Jesus. I've been pissed off for so long with grappler characters how it seems like after every throw break I'm left at a huge disadvantage except fuckin' Mila who has the most annoying, long-butt combo throw and every time I break out of it she's at advantage and can swoop back in with a few strikes right into another loop of the damn thing instantly. Never understood why she got that when others don't.

Other grapplers should of been built around that design instead of just straight removing it. I won't be surprised if Bayman loses his advantage from throw breaks as well at this pace.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Well, unfortunately TN gave Mila a wrestler throw, just same as Tina's 41236T. And a new movement that punches to the stomach. Both movements are NOT MMA moves. I think TN forget what martial art Mila is using.

MMA is whatever the hell you want it to be.also keep in mind Mila is a huge professional wrestling fan im not sure where the surprise is coming from.

synce

Not surprised her mount breaks were removed. They've been a glitch since v1. She's supposed to be -10 after the break.

Just curious where'd you get that number? Also how can you be sure it's a glitch, not a Mila quirk?

And it's good to get more confirmation she plays different now, that's the only reasonable explanation for the nerfs. I know they gave Mila a bunch of new techniques in 5U, but now sure how good they are yet.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
im normally against nerfing characters but that tackle just sucked all the energy out the game for me.id still be fine with her finding some way to get a lot of damage im more annoyed with the animation than anything.

Davey2100

I agree with nerfing mila's tackle. everytime i broke out of her tackle i felt that i was at the disadvantage, but then again its one of those things you can't nerf too much or the character becomes useless, it was one of her most fearful moves.

(unrelated?) but i always believed that to escape a combo hold you had to press the correct direction + grab (thats what ive always done since doa2) to escape. but recently ive just been pressing grab to escape combo holds and its worked =/ has that always been the case? seems a bit harsh on the attackers.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD