New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

Split69

I'm not exactly new but I've never introduced myself on FSD... I've mostly lurked here once in a while the past few years, but recently I've logged in to voice my opinions now and then. I guess it might be kinda weird seeing this guy suddenly start commenting like he's always been here, so I think I should finally introduce myself properly. I was a regular member for a while back on DOA World, using a name like Incognito for reasons (probably stupid ones) that I explained over there, but I forgot which name I used before that (or if there was another name I used after that). Probably Inochi or Onichi. I know some people who post here from DoAW, but I don't know how many would recognize me. I started posting there just before DoA Dimensions got announced. I posted some really lengthy, personal stuff there... don't know if that's all gone now or what.

Anyways, I first learned about DoA1 for PS1 in the late 90s when I was around 10, from reading gaming magazines, but was too worried to actually buy a copy. I first played it in a Blockbuster Games at a station set up to try games before you rent them. I knew I had to find a way to eventually buy a copy on my own. I had got the internet aroudn that time and kept up with the series news as it happened... DOA2 came out, then DOA3, XBV, etc. I finally got a copy of DOA2H on PS2 around 2006 or 2007, followed by DoA1 for PS1. I got an Xbox 360 in 2010 and a used Xbox in 2011, at which point I had finally gotten all the released games up to that point, played them all, and DoA had become my favorite 3D fighting game (though since 99 my favorite FG series has always been KoF). Then I came to DoA World.

Until that point, I had been a huge FG fan, playing all the ones I could get my hands on, but unlike most people who played them for competitive reasons, I was realy into them for the characters, story, single player content (I loved unlocking everything then deleting my file and unlocking it all over again), and the fun that could be had from the gameplay in general. FGs give you more control over a character than any other game genre can. It wasn't until DoA that I got into the idea of maining a character and really trying to learn the game beyond just the move lists. Part of the reason for this was because by DoA4 I had decided I wanted to main Tina. I had been playing through all the DoAs using every character, some more than others, as I did with every FG I played, but Tina had been my favorite character in general since I first learned of the game back in the 90s... I just thought she'd be a character I liked but didn't like to play as because I never enjoyed playing grapplers ever since I first played SF2. I was delighted to find out I was wrong about that and Tina was more like an all-rounder, but I learned to use her as a grappler too. Eventually I found myself feeling connected to her character unlike any other character I've ever liked from video games in general, for multiple reasons. When I play a fighting game, I don't imagine I am them or that I'm controling them but rather we're like team mates, lol. Speaking of team mates, because of Tag mode I ended up making Lisa my 2nd main, because I liked to pair her with Tina due to their story connection and because I saw both Tina and Lisa as underdogs (not used much, maybe considered low tier, that was the impression I got about them from DOA1-DOA4), which added to their appeal for me. Tag may be gone in DOA6 but I've found myself training with her just as much as with Tina (ready for Tag whenever it does return).

I see myself as someone who care just as much about what's referred to among fans as "the casual stuff" as the "serious stuff" or the gameplay side. Personally for me though, a huge part of what made the gameplay in past DoAs so great and fun was the stage design, not just the potential in the fighting mechanics. With DoA5 I bought a lot of DLC but I also tried to go to local tournaments to support the game that way too.

Oh, and DOA2U is still my personal favorite DOA. I guess DOA4 and DOA5U or DOA5LR (if it weren't for MR and Honoka) would round out my top 3.

Yeah, so I guess there was a few things anyone could pick up from what I've said about what I like outside of DoA. If not, I'll just add some of that here. I started gaming when I was 3 when my uncle bought me an NES for my Bday. Some of my favorite game series ever, in no order, are DoA, KoF, NG, Zone of the Enders, Lufia, Mega Man (especially X series), Bayonetta, Zelda, Tekken, SC, Ys, Kirby, Gradius, Tetris, and Puzzle Bobble. Outside of games I'm just as much of a nerd for movies (silent, b&w, foreign, action, blockbusters, arthouse, etc), music (from all over the world, old and new stuff, mostly rock/metal, classical, shoegaze, goth, "grunge", industrial, synth, game and anime soundtracks, I tend to not like more commercial stuff though), and anime (to keep it short, I put Ghost in the Shell on my shelf next to Queen's Blade, so that should explain the range of my tastes... I'm alergic to lolis though).

Sorry if this is too long, I tend to do that quite a bit...
I love some ghost in the shell and doa ultimate so many memories with that game lol

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Hey I'm Luna from the UK who's lurked a bit! I recently got into DOA6 thanks to a friend, but then she introduced me to DOA5LR! I'm not amazing at games, nor am I really a gamer but I am enjoying these games!

I hope that FSD will complete your DOA experience. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Hey I'm Luna from the UK who's lurked a bit! I recently got into DOA6 thanks to a friend, but then she introduced me to DOA5LR! I'm not amazing at games, nor am I really a gamer but I am enjoying these games!
Heyyy welcome to the forum, I hope you’ll have a great time here! If you ever need help just ask people around here, they’re really friendly.

LunaTheMoon

Thank you, everyone! My friend did introduce me DOA5LR but it seems so complex compared to 6 so I keep going back to 6 aaaa (plus lack of nico). i'm not very good at the technical stuff but i do watch guides on youtube and seem to understand it okay

Sovereigneve

Hello,
I just started playing this series again after a hiatus. I was more known under the alias "Renarism"
I've played the series since DOA on the dreamcast but stopped playing after DOA5 vanilla -- I was #3 rank (if that means anything) and got pulled into FFXIV and real life. I see a lot of familiar faces still around and look forward to playing with you guys again. If I've played you recently on DOA6 and I lagged horribly, I'm sorry. I'm in the process of getting that fixed. See you guys around.

~Sovereign

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Hello,
I just started playing this series again after a hiatus. I was more known under the alias "Renarism"
I've played the series since DOA on the dreamcast but stopped playing after DOA5 vanilla -- I was #3 rank (if that means anything) and got pulled into FFXIV and real life. I see a lot of familiar faces still around and look forward to playing with you guys again. If I've played you recently on DOA6 and I lagged horribly, I'm sorry. I'm in the process of getting that fixed. See you guys around.

~Sovereign
Welcome love ❤️, great to see people returning and signing into this forum. If you need any help, feel free to message me. I’m not as active as of late but I do check on this website daily.

Ragnaroid

Hello,

~Sovereign
Welcome! :)

Steinerliner

I have been on the Free Step Dodge forums before as a guest, but I figured I might as well register and properly introduce myself.

I used to be heavily into Tekken and disliked the DOA series especially with DOA4. My first DOA game may have been the first game on PSX, but it wasn't until DOA started adding Virtua Fighter characters in DOA5, and the LR update that I started to become more into DOA. I even tried out DOA6 ON PC even though I never had the full game and had some matches with it on PS4. Despite the state DOA6 launched in, I would like to see it improve as I do think that the game has some potential as it seems like a game I may want to take seriously competitively.

I have always been more into Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Tekken, though I have also always liked the King Of Fighters series and other SNK series like Samurai Showdown. So the fact that DOA keeps adding SNK characters makes it a bit easier for me to get into the series also...Though I still have my own judgements regarding their choices of DLC Characters.

Anyways, don't be too bothered by what I say. I tend to say things that everyone may not agree with, but I am not trying to start any chaos here. I just want to be more involved

DOA4 coincidentally was also my first introduction to online games. However, I have migrated over to Steam and I like that over PSN and XBL, so you will find me more on that than on consoles.

I know that makes me sound like a PC Elitist, but I have a PS4 and Switch too. Its just the Switch and Steam are my preferred options.

My favorite DOA game is DOA5LR for PC. I know it doesn't have the added features of the console versions, but I don't really care.

Edit: I was kind of disappointed to see that none of the Virtua Fighter characters returned for DOA6, especially because I put so much practice into Akira and mastering his Just Frame Knee

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Edit: I was kind of disappointed to see that none of the Virtua Fighter characters returned for DOA6, especially because I put so much practice into Akira and mastering his Just Frame Knee
Well, that’s pretty much the downside of maining a guest character. Mai being back and Kula getting added was only the case because of the contract. Mai wasn’t released that long ago before DOA6 got announced. Just say what you want and voice your opinion. You don’t have to bootlick people to not start chaos.

anyway, welcome to FSD!

Steinerliner

Well, that’s pretty much the downside of maining a guest character. Mai being back and Kula getting added was only the case because of the contract. Mai wasn’t released that long ago before DOA6 got announced. Just say what you want and voice your opinion. You don’t have to bootlick people to not start chaos.

anyway, welcome to FSD!

I generally tend to say what I want, especially if I feel its the right thing to say regardless if I know people will give me flack for it. I have always been more of a actions over words kind of person. As for Mai, it doesn't really surprise me that they would bring her back, especially given her inclusion makes the most sense for DOA.

If anyone has Steam or PS4, you can easily add me for games.

not kere

Heyo! 'kere' (kh‣ear) here. Or, uh... 'not kere' here, rather. I've been playing DoA for the lesser part of a year or so, but I've just recently been getting invested into the game (mostly because one of my friends was kind enough to want to gameshare with me [shoutout to Atsuymi/Cohru {on Xbox}]). I started out with DoA5LR, mostly because that one came out first as a F2P, but then switched over to DoA6 (which is, in my rather irrelevant opinion, has more braindead functions [like S-Rushing] than just H-mashing P/K), though I primarily play osu! and Warframe. However, I've recently been dipping my toes into some other F2P titles, like TERA and PSO2. Not giving games like Forknut or D-pics Legends a chance, largely because of toxicity that I'm just not down for ATM. I'm still a senior in high school (ass-mar to 'Rona-19), so I don't really have as much of, what I typically call, "hands-on" knowledge in rather typical stuff (like driving or how to budget any sort of currency [mostly because if I have the funds to do something, it's probably going to be towards making myself look cooler]), but I'd like to think that I'm a JoAT when it comes to stuff that seems relatively useless. Especially Photoshop (how I made my avatar). I'm also studying Japanese/日本語, so if anyone got any need for translation cross-referencing (and they don't trust Google Translate [not that anyone should in the first place]), feel free to hit me up!

And yes. I main Honoka because of the -booru.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD