New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

GrimreapeR

What's up everybody!

I'm new to the DOA series in general and I can't believe I've been missing out on this. I have a love/hate relationship with this game. This game pisses me off lol but I'm thankful that I finally found a fighting game that is so damn hard. I've been following all sorts of DOA5U tournament streams and I have to say that they are entertaining to watch. Having been ignorant of this games existance, I find myself wanting to do something that can raise the popularity level of this game and just how technical it really is. I saw the clan wars tournament on Perfectcombo's stream and I thought it was a good idea. To help the DOA community I plan on making another clan wars tournament in the future that could be a season long. Instead of pride being on the line, I'm putting up serious money ( think $1000.00+). I just need feedback and ideas from the community to help smoothen out rules, streams, commentators, etc.

Anyways thank you freestepdodge for existing and helping me understand the more technical aspects of the game. This game is truly underrated and deserves more respect. I look forward to meeting you all online and probably getting crushed lol.

Cake

Why hello there. I just suck terribly.

For some reason DoA was always the only fighting series ever since its first to really captivate me but I never really took it seriously (just like I took no other fighting game). Anyway, with the latest installment, deciding to learn this whole fighting game mambo jambo, here I am lurking around these forums while I'm getting smashed 90% of my matches, trying to figure stuff out.

Feel free to add me if you need a newbie sparring partner.. but please be gentle, I am really terribad.

Last edited:

RyuxSama

Hello there people who are new to FSD! I really hope that u do enjoy your stay here, this site is a great way to keep in touch with the DOA community and to learn a whole bunch of stuff about the game! Just keep in mind that practice does make perfect. So, keep your head up and keep striving to get better. If u ever have any questions about the game, don't hesitate to ask Any of these fine folks here at FSD. Also, if anyone is planning to learn Hayabusa, I can give out a few tips. Enjoy your stay! And remember! WE ARE FIGHTERS!!

DeadlyChase

Hi everyone just made an account not to long ago. Looking forward to meeting DoA/fighting game fans. Been playing DoA since 2, and kind of took a long break from it since it went to the xbox >.<) but now we have DoA5u, and I'm back playing it.
I also play:
Street Fighter
BlazBlue
Soulcalibur
and Tekken.
I La-La-La-La_Love fighting games....ever since I was Little kid (sniff) (sniff) sorry I get emotional sometimes.

Grimace

Hey I've been a long time lurker here XD

I have been playing DoA since around doa2, and am actually a doa collector now XD
I've been collecting the games for quite a while now :3

I've been playing doa5u a lot recently (Since it's release) and usually just play with friends so i never train or anything because then they wouldnt want to play with me cuz id be too good XD

But i've been wanting to actually train and get good recently (With Leon or mariposa (My long time favs) So I was hoping to make some doa friends by finally making an account and saying hi! :D

So, hello!

shenmue

Hey guys, long time fighting games fan here (arcade days). I'm primarily a street fighter player, but I've tried to get into the realm of 3d fighters. I tried tekken (not a fan). I had DOA2 on dreamcast. The graphics and the characters always attracted me to DOA.

My favorite 3D fighter is Virtua Fighter hands down. Unfortunately, no one seems to play VF5: Final Showdown on PSN. So, I am a tournament stream monster and I happened to have seen a few DOA5U matches and I noticed it had VF characters and DOA is now on PS3 not xbox exlusive anymore, so I decided to get the game based on those factors.

I have to say I really like how DOA's controls model Virtua Fighter, I feel DOA5U is a spiritual successor to VF5. Anyways, I want to see this community grow, because I want to play more people online while I learn this game.

CommanderWiggles

If anyone remembers me from DOAWorld, I am that jerk known as CommanderWiggles (Wiggles), and as of now I am Towelie. I've been a fan of DOA since I was 7 (2001). I played online with DOA4 once, like back in 2007. I haven't purchased 5U yet but I did have the vanilla. Got rid of it, however. I'm waiting for some money to come in and get it once Marie Rose comes out.

On that note, my name is Marie as well. I prefer to be called Rie, though. And I always wanted to move to Sweden since I fell for a girl back in 2011 who lives there.

Mioraem

Hi, my name is K3ntinkun, a french student, so my apologies for my english. I'm new in the world of fighting games, and i really suck at it for the moment xP.
Im playing casually at DOA5 for now but i want to gain knowledge and skills about this game because i just love it ^^. IIm still searching my main characters in this game, a lot of them interest me a lot! I hope that i will learn a lot with you guys ^^
PS : My PSN : K3ntin-kun
Cya !

Blash

Hey Guys,
My name is Dan. Been playing DOA since 2 came out on the Dreamcast in Europe over 14 years ago. First character I played was Lei Fang, but quickly migrated over to Tina, have had her as my main ever since. Recently started giving Bass a serious try as well for tags, but other then that I play Christie and Mila, but wish she had a little more something to her.

I'm an artist living in Ireland. I have worked on TV shows, comics, and been published in magazines, and galleries.

Looking forward to talking to everyone :)

icecreamman

Hey just joined today im a long time doa fanatic formerly known as mrbiskit played a bunch of doa4 in my hayday. I love Ayane and feel the most comfortable with her. I use to rock an S when i play doa4 and overcame some pretty stiff competition. Just getting into doa5u and im very eager to get some good matches if your on xbl especially during the day please look me up im always down for good comp and new friends my gt is icecreamman2410 also im one of those rare people that actually likes to use his mic ;) hit me up!

Candy Dragon

Hey everybody!

I'm Scott! Been playing DOA since the original.
I love playing as every character and am happy to go random. I'd list my main as Helena, but frankly I find it hard to choose, DOA has so many fantastic characters.

Hope to see you online and on the forums

Artyom

Hey all. I used to post on DOA forums as "KirbyStyle" back when DOA central was the big website. I stopped playing DOA after getting bored of it a while back and play World of Warcraft and PC game more than anything anymore but I was thinking of picking up DOA5U sometime. I also got really involved with law enforcement and getting into better shape and tried out for and was accepted to a police academy in Ohio for 4 months and graduated this past January.

I've been out of the DOA loop for some time so I don't really know who still plays or any of the new "top tier" players. If anyone ever wants to play anything:

Steam:xxRedmondxx
RealID:kirbystyle@hotmail.com
GT:ArtyomTheInsane
PSN:KirbyStyle (probably going to change that to ArtyomTheInsane as well...)

Antlers2012

Hey! I'm not exactly new, I've been here for a week but I haven't yet properly introduced myself!

I'm Ant or Anthony...not Tony
23 from England and I'm a gaymer. I'm mainly into Zelda, Silent hill, Resident evil.
Not exactly a pro at DOA, I only really discovered it about 2 years ago. Still can't really get my head around counters, but I hold my own.
Anything you wanna know about me please ask ^_^

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm a gaymer.
Thanks for sharing your sexual orientation. Whenever I meet someone new, the first thing I ask myself is: "I wonder if this chap like penis?" But now, I don't have to. Because you already told me. Whew! What a relief.

Anyway, welcome. You play on PSN or XBL or offline mostly?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD