New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

PuertoRicanStyL

Hey everybody. I'm new to DoA. Picked it up when it was on sale during the Christmas countdown thing. I'm from the Virtua Fighter community, and another poster lead me to this site, and here I am :).

I haven't played Online yet, but I'm having lots of fun doing all the single player stuff so far. The tutorial and combo challenges seem really good. Kinda weird that you don't get taken through all of the characters moves though in either after how good they made the tutorial and combo challenge, i.e. wall throws and holding jumping punches and kicks. No big deal though, just weird after all that, you'd have to look those things up in the command list to know it/they exist.

After playing around with different characters for a while (going through move list and combo challenges), I'm really leaning towards maining Kokoro. Though there's a few other characters that seem fun as well like Mila and Lei Fang, I still think Kokoro will be da one. But I'll still mess around with the others.

Glad I picked this up. Was really wanting another fighting game to mash some buttons in that didn't feel like it was cheap or that you could get constantly trapped in loops (I read a minute ago that Mila kinda has a loop, but eh.).

See yall around :) I'm sure I'll be asking some questions or something here.

Hey guys, just another random gamer saying hi. My first DoA was Dimensions on the 3ds, then I bought vanilla DoA5 when it first came out, but I got sidetracked from that and went on hiatus for a while. Just recently I picked up DoAU and I'm looking to get a little more involved this time so I can at least hold my own in an online match. Tried online last time and I got owned 99% of the time. I main Helena and Brad Wong, but I kinda suck. Hopefully I can change that while I'm here.

Kotarujin

Hello guys! I'm new here. My first DoA was DoA 1, then DoA3, then DoA5U. I wasn't really into getting in depth with my first 2 DoA's, and I think in DoA5U I really want to be a good player. I main mojimi. Hope to hear some tips from you guys. Thanks!

Brute

Standard Donor
Hello guys! I'm new here. My first DoA was DoA 1, then DoA3, then DoA5U. I wasn't really into getting in depth with my first 2 DoA's, and I think in DoA5U I really want to be a good player. I main mojimi. Hope to hear some tips from you guys. Thanks!
Welcome. Hope to see you on PSN.

Gurimmjaw

Welcome! Enjoy your stay here and learn all you can about the game and about your character. Good Luck!!

RH_Stealth

Just like a lot of people in this thread... I'm new here. I first played DOA when I was quite young, with DOA2. Just until very recently, I've come back to DOA with DOA5U on PS3 after playing the DOA4 demo on Xbox 360. I also have experience with fighting games from Mortal Kombat 9, but I'm liking DOA5U much more.

SpellBound

Hello all. I'm brand new to the DOA community. I have mostly been playing mk9 injustice and street fighter. Lately I have been wanting to play a 3d fighter. I play soul cal a bit, but I not too serious about it. I used to play virtua fighter a bit hence why I wanted to play doa5u.

Outside of gaming, I enjoy watching anime; lots of anime. Reading books, mostly mystery, horror, and science fiction. I'm also a musician and writer. I mostly stick to dark poetry, but I plan on starting short stories this year. Anime and comic conventions are what I live for haha. I'm also a Cosplayer. Vergil from DMC is my latest cosplay. I'm also in the process of making a kabal (mk9) and lili (tekken) cosplays. I'm also interested in fashion, both men's and women's.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Welcome. Hope to see you on PSN.

When you say Vergil, are you referring to the awesome DMC3 Vergil, Nelo Angelo from DMC1, or "Vergil," the poser from DmC?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
To everyone who recently joined; welcome to FreeStepDodge and the DOA community. I hope all of you enjoy learning Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate and having fun with the game. If any of you happen to be in need of some simple information about the game, here are a few threads to get you started. I hope these few things will be of use to any of you.

Feel to free to browse the forums and ask as many questions about the game as you like. There are folks here (including myself) that are willing to answer and help if need be.

"Breaking Down the Game, a Training suggestion for Aspiring Players". Was created for DOA4, but all the information applies to DOA5U as well -

http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...raining-suggestion-for-aspiring-players.3325/

"How to Use Frame Data"

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/how-to-use-frame-data.224/

"Dead or Alive Terminology"

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/dead-or-alive-terminology.1887/

"Fundamentals of Spacing"

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/fundamentals-of-spacing.131/

Ravyn

Well, I've been posting on here for about a month I guess, so might needta introduce myself as well. I'm Ravyn, AKA Gothic777Dove on Xbl. I've been playing DOA since 4 (unless ya wanna count me playing the comp on the previous ones, lol). Although I haven't played 5 since vanilla, I do plan on returning to it with 5U when I get another 360, or PS3 (Psn name Ravyn_Dove), whichever I have da $ for.

Last edited:

Yurlungur

Hi everyone, well i haven't really been on doa5 that much since vanilla but i'm trying to get back into the scene and hope to learn a few things from all of you! i'm trying to get into the tournament scene also because i really do enjoy it

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Hello everyone. Name's samuraihachi. Nice to meet you. I got ultimate about two months ago but I didn't know about this site till recently, so I decided to join. I use to play Street Fighter 4 a lot so I'm not completely new to fighting games but this is my first DOA game, so things were pretty rough for me but I'm slowly starting to get used to the DOA feel. I wanna thank Destructionbomb, Sly Bass and ZeoRebirth for all the Akira vids they posted on youtube. Helped me out a bit when I was trying to learn Akira. I'm probably one of the worst Akira's here on FSD but practice makes perfect.

Klts3

Hi everyone! DOA5U is my first DOA game but I really, really like it. I main my Vigoorian Queen Rachel and I will probably also main Marie Rose (so cute and dangerous, probably hard to master but i like challenges;)). I practise a lot but I think I still have many things to learn. This is one of my main reasons why I joined FSD. I hope you will give me little help when I will need it. I'm really happy to meet you all!

Last edited:

RyuxSama

Hi everyone! DOA5U is my first DOA game but I reaif you ly, really like it. I main my Vigoorian Queen Rachel and I will probably also main Marie Rose (so cute and dangerous, probably hard to master but i like challenges;)). I practise a lot but I think I still have many things to learn. This is one of my main reasons why I joined FSD. I hope you will give me little help when I will need it. I'm really happy to meet you all!
Hi! First of all Welcome to FSD! We hope you enjoy your stay here! I would also like to ask If we could have some matches? I'm on PSN if would like to play.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD