Next DLC

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Er. . . this is a Microsoft thing delaying the patch.

Or is it? I'm not sure since TN hasn't bothered with a small Tweet that would say it's in MS hands now... maybe they have not sent it to MS yet since it costs $40 000 to certify each patch... maybe they're waiting for more money from PS3 DLC purchases... [/conspiracy theory]

ErickBello

Or is it? I'm not sure since TN hasn't bothered with a small Tweet that would say it's in MS hands now... maybe they have not sent it to MS yet since it costs $40 000 to certify each patch... maybe they're waiting for more money from PS3 DLC purchases... [/conspiracy theory]
Actually that sounds completely razonable...

Kronin

DOa5+ official Japanese site published 2 new screenshots about its special swimsuit pack (that surely will arrive also on Xbox in future):

ss01_04.jpg

ss01_05.jpg

We knew already Ayane's one from the promotional pic and the trailer, but finally we have a front shot.
Sadly Christies' one is another recolor of her rare swuimsuit, but I agree with who think that this is the best version of it compared with the red or the white one.

Omegan Eckhart

I don't think so, I find it hard to believe that MS is choking this hard over one patch. MS is usually one week behind Sony, here we are over a week later and still not even a release date? I don't buy it.
I hope this patch is even worth the wait. I still love DOA5 regardless, i just feel my hopes are too high.
The patch isn't changing the game that much, as Helena players we aren't getting anything much new so it's not like when the patch drops Helena will be an exciting new character with a whole host of new opportunities for us to explore.

synce

That's probably just the PR story. I can think of several reasons why Tecmo would push for PS3 and none for why MS would take so much longer than Sony to certify a patch. Can't recall a single major game that got this treatment.

Tecmo got what they wanted though and some people did buy the PS3 version because they were impatient. Now there's a bigger pool for Vita cross play, and presumably people will be hesitant to buy the Xbox version of future DOA games. This all goes back to MS having easily flashed consoles and nude mods.

Edit: A good example of the monkeys at Tecmo punishing the wrong people is DOAX2. I believe it's the only 360 game that never got patched to support HDD install. Maybe they thought it will somehow make it easier to mod the game if it was installed. I also recall the 360 digital version of DOA5 was supposed to release months after the PS3 version, not sure if it's even out yet.

/conspiracy hat off

Dave

I don't believe this whole "it's up to Microsoft to release the patch now" thing either. The patches are always a week behind PS3. That's how it was originally intended to be when they first gave us the patch date. There is something going on. I think maybe they are waiting to see if the PS3 community finds any more glitches / problems with the patch before they send it to Microsoft for certification. With the way Microsoft goes about DLC / patch distribution, I can't really blame them. But would be nice for them to at least acknowledged that the Xbox users still want to know what is happening. Next week is the last week of February, so if we don't get it by Wednesday, we won't be getting it until March.

shunwong

I think team ninja paid the first Xbox patch and as it was not released they did not pay for the second...

shunwong

Female Tengu said:
First update is free for the studio/devs AFAIK.

Remember there was a first day patch (1.01) and then a second patch (1.02) and now we are talking about the third and fourth (1.03 and 1.03A) which have been a PS3 exclusive for almost a month...

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Remember there was a first day patch (1.01) and then a second patch (1.02) and now we are talking about the third and fourth (1.03 and 1.03A) which have been a PS3 exclusive for almost a month...

It's already been over a month. 1.03 came out on January 22 for PS3. It's February 23 now and still no Xbox patch.

Keved

I feel for you 360 players, this must feel like a right mules kick to the teeth. DoA as a franchise has always been something of an iconic fighter for the Xbox with three exclusive DoA games in the past. You would think Microsoft or Team Ninja would act quickly on a series such as DoA that has given alot to the Xbox brand name over the years, atleast give some valid reasons or just some kind of general feedback to it's Xbox fanbase so they know where they stand instead of alienating them without any response & leaving them in the dark, guessing.

If it's going to take days, weeks or even months then so be it, but atleast inform the people who're anxious & hanging out for this patch so they know what's going on. As Dave said, they may be waiting for feedback on the PS3 patch to see what bugs & glitches need to be ironed out before releasing it on Xbox. Regardless, i hope you guys get it soon. We may play our game on different systems but we're all still DoA5 players.

On the topic of those PS+ Vita screens, I am assuming those costumes are console bound in a few months? It's about time those ugly shoes got kicked off those bikinis. :cool:

Anyway here are some more costumes on my wish-but-no-hope list :cool:

I love the whole tight black assassin feel to it & the lazy unbuckled belt. This Ayane lass hasn't got time to do up her belt when she has to fire darts of info to Ryu in Ninja Gaiden & Lightwing Izuna Drop some arses.

150px-AyaneDOAUC12.jpg

Wild west Bass

150px-DOAUbass_cos01.jpg

General Gen Fu

150px-DOAUgenfu_cos04.jpg

Pimp Jann Lee

DOA2U_Jann_C8.png

& finally, this little gem where Hitomi can't seem to decide what to wear so she decides to fish through her closet blindfolded & comes out wearing a jumper with skin-tight denim shorts & gladiator boots? Max's girl has style :cool:

150px-HitomiDOAUC5.jpg

Zhuge Liang

That's probably just the PR story. I can think of several reasons why Tecmo would push for PS3 and none for why MS would take so much longer than Sony to certify a patch. Can't recall a single major game that got this treatment.

Tecmo got what they wanted though and some people did buy the PS3 version because they were impatient. Now there's a bigger pool for Vita cross play, and presumably people will be hesitant to buy the Xbox version of future DOA games. This all goes back to MS having easily flashed consoles and nude mods.

Edit: A good example of the monkeys at Tecmo punishing the wrong people is DOAX2. I believe it's the only 360 game that never got patched to support HDD install. Maybe they thought it will somehow make it easier to mod the game if it was installed. I also recall the 360 digital version of DOA5 was supposed to release months after the PS3 version, not sure if it's even out yet.

/conspiracy hat off

Now that you mention mods, I can't help but wonder what Tecmo/TN's stance is on their assets being available for manipulation via programs like xnalara. And that this move is perhaps a way to deny further assets from being manipulated distastefully.

Aliorumnas

I think i might as well forget about Zacks island and the fighter packs because X360 does not seem to have a future with that lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD