Next DLC

Xion

For some reason the first pack on psn gave me the second pack instead.....just told customer service about and they are looking into it. If they fix it, I may get both packs for the price of one.

Similar problem. I bought pack 2 but got all of the content of pack 1. and also Naughty Girls 2 contains whats should be Naughty Girls content..

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'm normally against holiday themed DLC because it's usually dumb and is just out of place when seen any other time of the year, but I actually do like the female outfits. The male outfits are pretty lame though, other than the Mr. Strong one.

I actually enjoyed TGTTM every now and then. The only [adult swim] live action show I'd go as far to watch on a scheduled basis is Loiter Squad. Their sketches have me die laughing almost every time. I kind of have this weird thing about getting a kick out of seeing black folks act stupid (I'm a mixed race mutt by the way) : P

I remember seeing the promos for that show. It look really funny, but I always forgot to watch it.

loralei

I'm guessing that there won't be as much focus on costumes with DOA5+ coming out on the vita, though I'd love to be proved wrong.

synce

I can confirm there's going to be at least 3 more DLC packs. The DLC file names all follow an alphabetical pattern. On the PS3 Vol.5 shows up as pack i, Vol.6 and 7 are packs m and n (j, k, l are missing)

It's a safe bet that one pack will be bikinis from DOA5P, but basically they're all going to be rehashes

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Like synce said, there is evidence to suggest that there will be at least three more. No idea if we're getting more after that though. The next one might come out this Tuesday (Jan 1) as it will have been two weeks since the last one was released.

Diego

I've noticed that whether you buy 4 costumes or 12 costumes the MB per download are the same. So, I bought the entire set with 8 locked costumes. Maybe that's why a lot of the xmas sets where messed up.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I've noticed that whether you buy 4 costumes or 12 costumes the MB per download are the same. So, I bought the entire set with 8 locked costumes. Maybe that's why a lot of the xmas sets where messed up.

Huh. I never actually even thought to check that myself. It's not surprising though. Other games have done that as well.

shunwong

Like synce said, there is evidence to suggest that there will be at least three more. No idea if we're getting more after that though. The next one might come out this Tuesday (Jan 1) as it will have been two weeks since the last one was released.

So there hasn't been any DLC costumes in a while. Any idea when the next one will come? I think they might give a free one with the 1.03 update (it'd be nice at least).

PJudge

I was beginning to wonder this myself. I assume it would have been leaked by now, but it seems deadly quiet now.

synce

Assuming 2 of the 3 unreleased packs are the new bikinis and cheer costumes it could be a long while

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Assuming 2 of the 3 unreleased packs are the new bikinis and cheer costumes it could be a long while

Yeah, most likely. They'll probably put out the patch before we get anymore DLC packs and the Paradise bikini pack as well as the cheerleader pack likely won't come out until sometime after the release of DOA5+.

Diego

I've been looking at the games costumes and I have to say that having the costumes being affected by the elements was a great selling point but terrible production strategy. The amount of textures, shaders and bump maps that every character has per stage and environment much time consuming from what the CEO's at Team Ninja expected. I assume that this is why some costumes seem kind of simple in comparison to the main costumes.

Ghosty-J

Neato, we're getting a legit beach stage! I'll take that and use BGM Customization to combine it with this epic theme:

And then I'll be fighting on this stage for the rest of my DoA5 life <3

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD