NG3 Making Folks Wary of DOA5

akhi216

Standard Donor
The fact that Xbox 360/PS3 owners were shat on with the "real" NG3 being in development on the Wii U in the form of NG3 Razor's Edge, this could be a reason to be wary of DOA5 with the concern that they will release an updated DOA5 version later or the Wii U. To a DOA fan it wouldn't matter though.

Black Dragon

The fact that Xbox 360/PS3 owners were shat on with the "real" NG3 being in development on the Wii U in the form of NG3 Razor's Edge, this could be a reason to be wary of DOA5 with the concern that they will release an updated DOA5 version later or the Wii U.
Bullshit.

Skilletor

The fact that Xbox 360/PS3 owners were shat on with the "real" NG3 being in development on the Wii U in the form of NG3 Razor's Edge, this could be a reason to be wary of DOA5 with the concern that they will release an updated DOA5 version later or the Wii U. To a DOA fan it wouldn't matter though.

The difference is the base Doa5 game is likely to be pretty good. NG3 was a horrible game, period. If it had been a good game and all the wii was getting was some new content, I wouldn't care. NG3 on Wii U sounds like a different game, though. That wouldn't be the case with an updated DoA5.

akhi216

Standard Donor
Black Dragon said:
Bullshit.

Huh? I mean Capcom scared people off from buying SF X T thanks to their shenanigans with their other games...SFIV/SSFIV/SSFIVAE, MVC3/UMVC3.

d3v

Huh? I mean Capcom scared people off from buying SF X T thanks to their shenanigans with their other games...SFIV/SSFIV/SSFIVAE, MVC3/UMVC3.
No. SFxT didn't sell well due to the controversy with gems as well as the even bigger controversy surrounding the decision to lock 12 characters on disc.

P.S. Nobody interested in fighting games cares much for the Wii U since they know that tournaments will be running PS3 or XBox 360. Even if they aren't competitive, the whole tournament scene has gotten enough exposure that it does affect how people view a fighter.

akhi216

Standard Donor
d3v said:
No. SFxT didn't sell well due to the controversy with gems as well as the even bigger controversy surrounding the decision to lock 12 characters on disc.

P.S. Nobody interested in fighting games cares much for the Wii U since they know that tournaments will be running PS3 or XBox 360. Even if they aren't competitive, the whole tournament scene has gotten enough exposure that it does affect how people view a fighter.

Point taken and agreed, but there are quite a few people who got burned who adopted to the notion to wait for complete editions of Capcom fighting games.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Nintendo publishing Razor's Edge is mostly what guarantees the NG fans, most of them anyway, get the finger. Regardless, no amount of tweaks will make that game even passable.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
That's not typically the way these things work. They can't release the same game, period. Not without a large amount of content changes, a la Sigma 2. Since Microsoft published NG2 they couldn't release the same game. They used a "new" engine, added new stuff into the main game, and added completely new content besides. Kind of like when you cheated on that paper in high school.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Tatsunoko says hi... and that was just for the Wii.

And God help us all if Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 2 is made a reality and exclusive to that console, proves to have deeper mechanics than UMVC3, AND includes the Samurai Pizza Cats. Combined with that pro controller and arcade stick compatibility, minds will be all kinds of fucked they're even playing it on a Wii U console. But alas, I digress. It probably won't happen. We'll have to wait and see.

Arnell Long

Awesmic, people may have liked Tatsunoko, but for competitive purposes appose to games like MvC3, SFIV, KOF, TK, etc it wouldn't get the same exposure. But I tell you this, when Smash Bros comes out for the Wii U...I don't care how little exposure it may get, I'm going to play that game like nobody's bizness. It's going to be my DOA5 for the Wii U...

d3v

Tatsunoko says hi... and that was just for the Wii.

And God help us all if Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 2 is made a reality and exclusive to that console, proves to have deeper mechanics than UMVC3, AND includes the Samurai Pizza Cats. Combined with that pro controller and arcade stick compatibility, minds will be all kinds of fucked they're even playing it on a Wii U console. But alas, I digress. It probably won't happen. We'll have to wait and see.
Nobody played TvC because it was on the Wii. The game was different enough from MvC that the community simply ignored it. People wanted MvC2 with Tatsunoko characters, Capcom gave us an "animu" fighter in Versus clothing.

For a hypothetical TvC2 to beat out UMvC3, it would have to play exactly like MvC2.

Skilletor

Nobody played TvC because it was on the Wii. The game was different enough from MvC that the community simply ignored it.

For a hypothetical TvC2 to beat out UMvC3, it would have to play exactly like MvC2.

So much truth.

akhi216

Standard Donor
CyberEvil said:
That's not typically the way these things work. They can't release the same game, period. Not without a large amount of content changes, a la Sigma 2. Since Microsoft published NG2 they couldn't release the same game. They used a "new" engine, added new stuff into the main game, and added completely new content besides. Kind of like when you cheated on that paper in high school.

They could always make a Sigma 3.

jaiwhite205

At first I was a little iffy about DOA5 after playing NG3, but then I remembered that NG2 didn't come out with a DOA game, so that made me hopeful.

DriftSlave

At first I was a little iffy about DOA5 after playing NG3, but then I remembered that NG2 didn't come out with a DOA game, so that made me hopeful.
what does that have to do with anything?
NG2 and to a lesser extent Sigma2 were good, Hayashi made alot of different decisions when going into NG3...changing the formula drastically. The after effect of that is what's worrying people as they feel those bad decisions will effect DOA5

while its true that no DOA was in development after NG2 it still stands that Itagaki had a good mindset when it came to that series...Hayashi proved to only be competent in improving(at best) Itagaki's old work, but then that is bais on my part.

RikWeaN

Also, let's not forget he's not actually directing DOA5, unlike NG3.
Of course he probably still has some control to an extent, that's why I do hope he will just wise up and let Shimbori do his thing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD