Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge General Discussion

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I believe so but only if you import your save data. Honestly I don't remember but you get Lunar at 10 scarabs, you come into the game with 4 if you imported from the demo, and I believe there were 6 scarabs in the first day. The skull challenge is nearly at the end of the level. I might be mistaken but I think you can go back to it...I didn't though. Now that I think about it I probably couldn't use it, though I could have used Talons or Dual Swords. I'll have to check when I get out of work but you'll likely be able to confirm before me.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
My god the lunar is amazing in RE

has so many Iframe moves and delimbs so easy, its so beautiful

FocusDMR

Cleared hard difficulty this morning. the normal achievement does't stack :(
Im on MN right now day 3 just trying to unlock MN then UN for chapter challenge.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Damnit I was afraid of that. NG3 didn't either. Ah well. I'll do Normal before my MN run, then.

DR2K

Cleared hard difficulty this morning. the normal achievement does't stack :(
Im on MN right now day 3 just trying to unlock MN then UN for chapter challenge.
Well that makes me feel good about playing normal, but that sucks for you.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I think when I do my MN run, maybe not my first though, I might record it as a how-to guide for players who aren't quite Master Ninjas to get through as easily as possible. Skipping encounters that can be skipped, abusing certain techniques, loops that aren't too hard to do, etc. It'd be different than my normal playthrough but ultimately a bit more valuable to some players, I think. Might consider doing commentary as well.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Does anyone know the answer to this:

If I beat all the crystal skull challenges but 1 on hard and then go to chapter challenge and do that last crystal challenge on normal/easy will I still get the trophy? Or do i have to get all in same difficulty?

Edit: Saw a UN1 Video and omg they made it so much easier! which I like XD

Ghosty-J

Genshin's been kicking the crap out of me on Test of Valor Day 5 and I'm not sure what to do to attack him while he's open. I could attack him at any time, but most of the time he won't stun long enough for me to get in 3 attacks on him at most. I try to get far away so he can launch his ninpo, dodge it, and attack him there before he gets a chance to recover. That's the only opening I discovered, but hardly anything I try works out. I can't even land an ultimate attack on him to save my life. I need some help on beating this guy D:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Running slashes with the katana are huge helps if you want to do hit and run on him. They're pretty safe. I haven't fought him yet so I can't give specific advice but you'll want to abuse i-frames. You can Izuna him too as long as he's not Fiend Genshin.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Genshin is suppppper easy

Sythe is best to use on him

STSSST, then when he does the spinning kick to get up do 360T - THIS IS IMPORTANT as this basically stops Genshin from blocking your next hit as it registers the 360T as a missed attack so Genshin will allow you to attack him again :) (programming fail ftw!)

takes about 4-6 izuna's to kill him

Izuna - 360T on his wake up kick - move away - block his flying swallow - Izuna - Repeat

Reason I suggest using a Sythe is that occasionally he will dodge your ST, and when he does just press T again

Just remember to always press a heavy attack during his wake up kick!

bingsoo

I think when I do my MN run, maybe not my first though, I might record it as a how-to guide for players who aren't quite Master Ninjas to get through as easily as possible. Skipping encounters that can be skipped, abusing certain techniques, loops that aren't too hard to do, etc. It'd be different than my normal playthrough but ultimately a bit more valuable to some players, I think. Might consider doing commentary as well.
This would be amazing.

Ghosty-J

Genshin is suppppper easy

Sythe is best to use on him

STSSST, then when he does the spinning kick to get up do 360T - THIS IS IMPORTANT as this basically stops Genshin from blocking your next hit as it registers the 360T as a missed attack so Genshin will allow you to attack him again :) (programming fail ftw!)

takes about 4-6 izuna's to kill him

Izuna - 360T on his wake up kick - move away - block his flying swallow - Izuna - Repeat

Reason I suggest using a Sythe is that occasionally he will dodge your ST, and when he does just press T again

Just remember to always press a heavy attack during his wake up kick!
All right! I'll try this out in a few days since I'm preparing to head out of town for a bit.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
5 hours total on day 4 crystal challenge and Marbus pink fiends keep bsing me FFs LOL

Brute

Standard Donor
Genshin is easy. Just wait till he finishes an attack and go for an Izuna. If he dashes back, just hit slam down, dash back, try again.

Okay, either I'm missing something or the Kusari-Gama is hands-down the best weapon in game. Like... it's mind-boggling.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD