Nioh General Discussion

Brute

Standard Donor
Since I rarely use Living Weapon and it seems like you don't use it either, don't go beyond 11 or 12. You unlock all of the skills by then. I think one guardian requires 12. The rabbit, maybe? It tells you though.
Hoping it stays low in the final build, as well. I like pouring everything I've got into Heart and Skill.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor

This is the end of the Twilight mission in the Last Chance demo. Boss starts at 10:20. I'm using full Shinobi gear and an underpowered Raikiri because I think it's badass.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Don't turn this into a matchmaking thread. If that is popular enough, we'll look into a subforum like we have for Ninja Gaiden.

That said, I couldn't handle waiting to play the game so I downloaded it. To answer some questions in here ( @Tyaren @Fiend Busa ) there doesn't appear to be proper Pro support in the demo build. There are the options @ShinobiGuy mentioned but no 4K options.

I didn't find any special Revenants this time around, which is a bummer. I did find a Book of Resurrection in the Twilight mission that allows you to completely respec. The cool thing is that when you do it you get knocked down to level one. Might help crazy people like @DestructionBomb speedrun to a boss with a higher level character and then respec down to level one. As long as you don't overwrite your save you could conceivably do unarmed level one runs of the bosses without making it a slog to get to them. There are also a ton of crafting materials, including purple mats, but we're still pretty limited on what you can do with them in the demo.

Did anyone ( @DestructionBomb and @Brute in particular) have any luck finding Muramasa? You can seemingly accept a hidden sidequest by talking to whatsherface in the Blacksmith. If you keep talking to her you'll eventually get a few actually conversation choices and can look for Muramasa if you accept. I haven't found him anywhere so maybe you can't in the demo but if I had to guess, he'd be the one that gives you the 'Other Training' it mentions in the skill tree. Maybe that also leads to the pretty exciting Mystic Arts?

Side note, not sure why they decided to hide the names of skills. If people want to know the tree they'll just look online. Weird choice, that.

Ogress is actually a fun boss because she's hilarious easy when you stop being a fucking coward. Stay glued to her and hack away with no real risk if you're paying attention. I slaughtered her Twilight mode iteration (I did have to heal a few times but never died) by just staying on her. There are a couple attacks to watch out for but I usually just get distance and then rush her when she starts to close again. How cool is she visually, though? As you attack her more and more she dynamically creates some extra red lillies in the fight, as well.

Oh and hiding Onryoki in the demo as a surprise boss to finish the Twilight level was cool. If you intend to beat it you will run into him. Super easy fight without his wrecking balls, though.

EDIT: Still haven't done any co-op in this game in any of the builds we've gotten. I probably should but the game just feels better solo. I feel like co-op detracts from the fun in harder games. That's probably just me, though.

Unfortunately the demo doesn't work for me so I couldn't even start the game at all. I was going to make a recording just incase to send to Team NINJA (hopefully they can check it out since more users are having the same problem.) tried all demos I have in stored on the console+all the games+restarted the console and they all worked fine except for this NiOh demo oddly.

EDIT: I also reinstalled the demo but same issue pops up. Though I figured (and truly understand) on not working on it since it's just a demo for two days so it's literally no point. I just hope I can play the final build without any of these issues ahaha.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Unfortunately the demo doesn't work for me so I couldn't even start the game at all. I was going to make a recording just incase to send to Team NINJA (hopefully they can check it out since more users are having the same problem.) tried all demos I have in stored on the console+all the games+restarted the console and they all worked fine except for this NiOh demo oddly.

EDIT: I also reinstalled the demo but same issue pops up. Though I figured (and truly understand) on not working on it since it's just a demo for two days so it's literally no point. I just hope I can play the final build without any of these issues ahaha.
You're on the latest PS4 update? I'm playing fine on my Pro. Can't think of what the hell is causing that for you. Storage, attached USB devices, harddrive issue...no clue. Start uninstalling other extra shit and unplugging things. I haven't heard of anyone else having that trouble either. You could drive five hours up to my place and try it out if you want but I'm sure you can get it working soon enough haha.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
You're on the latest PS4 update? I'm playing fine on my Pro. Can't think of what the hell is causing that for you. Storage, attached USB devices, harddrive issue...no clue. Start uninstalling other extra shit and unplugging things. I haven't heard of anyone else having that trouble either. You could drive five hours up to my place and try it out if you want but I'm sure you can get it working soon enough haha.

Ahaha thanks man no worries, I mean it's only a demo so i'm sure the real game wouldn't have this problem since the previous demos didn't and I played the hell out of those. Yup on the latest one update, I even did the initialization reboot (backed up saves), deleted the NiOh system storage Last Trial save to redo a new one but alas no luck.

I just made a video of it while also checking it's latest app NiOh demo update and system update but no luck.

Course, it's no worries since it's just a demo that's about to end soon and most of my questions have been answered by checking the thread so I probably didn't even need to play it all (would of totally liked to play against the boss but the final game would do). But yeah, I don't really see a point of them fixing it and I wouldn't blame them if they wouldn't heh. I figured they could check into it for the final game build in testing. (I'm not even sure if it's a NiOh thing, could be just a Sony thing with updates but no idea on how to contact them for this particular error, yet would be pointless at this very case so it's cool.)

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Do not double post
Ahaha thanks man no worries, I mean it's only a demo so i'm sure the real game wouldn't have this problem since the previous demos didn't and I played the hell out of those. Yup on the latest one update, I even did the initialization reboot (backed up saves), deleted the NiOh system storage Last Trial save to redo a new one but alas no luck.

I just made a video of it while also checking it's latest app NiOh demo update and system update but no luck.

Course, it's no worries since it's just a demo that's about to end soon and most of my questions have been answered by checking the thread so I probably didn't even need to play it all (would of totally liked to play against the boss but the final game would do). But yeah, I don't really see a point of them fixing it and I wouldn't blame them if they wouldn't heh. I figured they could check into it for the final game build in testing. (I'm not even sure if it's a NiOh thing, could be just a Sony thing with updates but no idea on how to contact them for this particular error, yet would be pointless at this very case so it's cool.)

Uninstall game
Make sure Ps4 is up to date
Try it on a different account
Reinitialize Ps4
Backup data -> reformat HDD

Try installing a different game (demo or something) and see if it happens, could be your HDD is dying

This is the end of the Twilight mission in the Last Chance demo. Boss starts at 10:20. I'm using full Shinobi gear and an underpowered Raikiri because I think it's badass.

Try dodging in low stance, apparently it has the most iframes.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
lol dude I honestly have no idea xD

*Braces for impact*
Well check your previous post for the warning, then.

So who all has a preorder in? I technically have two but one isn't for me. This is easily my most anticipated game of the year.

Sotherius

Ithink i'll preorder only because it will be cheaper, and if i don't do so, i'll have to wait until may to have the chance to get the game again.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Don't turn this into a matchmaking thread. If that is popular enough, we'll look into a subforum like we have for Ninja Gaiden.

That said, I couldn't handle waiting to play the game so I downloaded it. To answer some questions in here ( @Tyaren @Fiend Busa ) there doesn't appear to be proper Pro support in the demo build. There are the options @ShinobiGuy mentioned but no 4K options.

I didn't find any special Revenants this time around, which is a bummer. I did find a Book of Resurrection in the Twilight mission that allows you to completely respec. The cool thing is that when you do it you get knocked down to level one. Might help crazy people like @DestructionBomb speedrun to a boss with a higher level character and then respec down to level one. As long as you don't overwrite your save you could conceivably do unarmed level one runs of the bosses without making it a slog to get to them. There are also a ton of crafting materials, including purple mats, but we're still pretty limited on what you can do with them in the demo.

Did anyone ( @DestructionBomb and @Brute in particular) have any luck finding Muramasa? You can seemingly accept a hidden sidequest by talking to whatsherface in the Blacksmith. If you keep talking to her you'll eventually get a few actually conversation choices and can look for Muramasa if you accept. I haven't found him anywhere so maybe you can't in the demo but if I had to guess, he'd be the one that gives you the 'Other Training' it mentions in the skill tree. Maybe that also leads to the pretty exciting Mystic Arts?

Side note, not sure why they decided to hide the names of skills. If people want to know the tree they'll just look online. Weird choice, that.

Ogress is actually a fun boss because she's hilarious easy when you stop being a fucking coward. Stay glued to her and hack away with no real risk if you're paying attention. I slaughtered her Twilight mode iteration (I did have to heal a few times but never died) by just staying on her. There are a couple attacks to watch out for but I usually just get distance and then rush her when she starts to close again. How cool is she visually, though? As you attack her more and more she dynamically creates some extra red lillies in the fight, as well.

Oh and hiding Onryoki in the demo as a surprise boss to finish the Twilight level was cool. If you intend to beat it you will run into him. Super easy fight without his wrecking balls, though.

EDIT: Still haven't done any co-op in this game in any of the builds we've gotten. I probably should but the game just feels better solo. I feel like co-op detracts from the fun in harder games. That's probably just me, though.

Action mode is 720p on the ps4 right? I played on my Ps4 pro and it was rendering at 1080p...I think since my monitor was displaying the resolution as 1920x1080.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Your monitor was upscaling. If it had Pro support we'd have 4k as an option.

Xhominid The Demon Within

*Sigh* I'm getting my ass kicked so hard by the boss and certain enemies...

I keep trying to hug her but then I will randomly get fucked up by a random move or her rage attack(where she flips out and starts swinging while tracking you). Is using Low Stance the best idea or do I have to switch it up on that boss?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
*Sigh* I'm getting my ass kicked so hard by the boss and certain enemies...

I keep trying to hug her but then I will randomly get fucked up by a random move or her rage attack(where she flips out and starts swinging while tracking you). Is using Low Stance the best idea or do I have to switch it up on that boss?
Watch my video. I never use low stance. It's a preference. You can play how you like.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD