Nioh General Discussion

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
If my monitor was upscaling, the resolution would show as 2560x1440
There aren't 4k options in the demo either way. Still, I'll be playing 1080p 60fps on the full game. 4k is great but I want speed.

I take it the threads can be a thing once the real game drops probably right?

Yes. Technically now but I don't want conjecture threads. That can stay here.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
There aren't 4k options in the demo either way. Still, I'll be playing 1080p 60fps on the full game. 4k is great but I want speed.

Yes. Technically now but I don't want conjecture threads. That can stay here.

If I remember, one of the setting description is (max resolution with variable frame rate).

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So I did two runs. The other one is uploading while the 3rd one is a simple way to farm that guy using that talisman that reduces stamina.

This video is with no equipment, accessories, spirit, talisman, nothing but barehanded and no damage to boot. I added the special move for Brute in there. @CyberEvil @Brute @Fiend Busa @XZero264

This is a cheap farm method incase people want to get this guy quick for farming.

Oh yeah I think this is a extremely rare drop not sure, but he drops a text scroll that allows you to form his weapon and armor in your own build. You could potentially forge a level 28 Warrior West gear than the standard ones that he drops with your own custom traits on it if you take it to the blacksmith.

Brute

Standard Donor
Nice. Very nice.
DestructionBomb said:
Oh yeah I think this is a extremely rare drop not sure, but he drops a text scroll that allows you to form his weapon and armor in your own build. You could potentially forge a level 28 Warrior West gear than the standard ones that he drops with your own custom traits on it if you take it to the blacksmith.
Can't you just soul match one of the WotW pieces with the armor drops from the Twilight mission?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Can't you just soul match one of the WotW pieces with the armor drops from the Twilight mission?

Going with the yeah. I think the best thing you could make out of the text scroll is having your own traits on it incase the drops you are getting have traits you probably don't like. If anything we probably need the full game to make good use of that (if there's any).

You could add for example Running Dash speed by 20.8% (purple trait) for like 500,000+ silver or something like that on a custom armor. I tried it out and I was running faster than having no equipment on at all on a (L) gear.

Sotherius

Well, i'm glad i was able to play today...

Managed to beat ogress and tachibana, and i think my current level is 11, so i'm glad with the results, didn't have trouble whatsoever with normal enemies, but died in one pit or two.

I'm honestly just going to mess around with its combat with the full game.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I just finished Ogress. Fuck, I still got hit once for the bare hands idea, but managed to beat it still. It was a pretty long fight. Will attempt again, I should upload my failures too on how close I get.

Beat the Ogress after some trial and error but Tachibana can go eat a dick...

Yeah he can be a jackass at times. My very first run against him way back in the older demo was pretty gruesome. Every time he's at that last bit of health he tends to just goes dog spamming (at least for me) and having that dog hit you is mostly guaranteed paralysis on you, which means that your speed is toned down as well as your striking speed when swinging your weapon.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Man I suck at this game....this guy does not

You'll get better, just need practice!

Not hating on the guy because his videos are cool but all he is doing is combos/ki pulse/dodge then once enemy stamina is depleted...take advantage by spamming till death.

Edit that into a video with epic music and short clips, makes it look a lot more impressive than it actually is.

Now what @DestructionBomb does, that's impressive stuff.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Man I suck at this game....this guy does not

Somewhat glad they brought back the stance switching pulse after dash. Before it was just a passive skill automatically given to you as you start the game on the very first demo. it wasn't in the beta at all but now you actually have to buy it from Hi, Mid, Low tree row section on Last Trial. It's what I used to kill Tachibana and Ogress before bare handed. If you lower Tachibana's stamina you can do a high stance triangle > Lai strike R1+Circle > Impale ground > Low stance X jump attack.

EDIT: There's a combo he does within the 2 minute line that I use.

You'll get better, just need practice!

Not hating on the guy because his videos are cool but all he is doing is combos/ki pulse/dodge then once enemy stamina is depleted...take advantage by spamming till death.

Edit that into a video with epic music and short clips, makes it look a lot more impressive than it actually is.

Now what @DestructionBomb does, that's impressive stuff.

Lol nah I still get wrecked. When I first started (this demo too) I was dying a lot because I'm running in there blindly and see new enemies (black water blob?) and I'm falling in lake water and shit rofl.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Somewhat glad they brought back the stance switching pulse after dash. Before it was just a passive skill automatically given to you as you start the game. it wasn't in the beta at all but now you actually have to buy it from Hi, Mid, Low tree row section. It's what I used to kill Tachibana and Ogress before bare handed. If you lower Tachibana's stamina you can do a high stance triangle > Lai strike R1+Circle > Impale ground > Low stance X jump attack.

You seem to know a lot about this game. I read low stance dodge has the most iframes out of the other ones. Do you know if that's true?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
You seem to know a lot about this game. I read low stance dodge has the most iframes out of the other ones. Do you know if that's true?

Dunno, I barely use low stance. I'm always switching between Mid > High. I only swap to low if I'm using the spear after high strike loop. From katana? think I only tried it after I parry them that goes behind their back for Mid Haze > Switch > Low attack 3x > Switch > High Square > Triangle.

But because there's a lot of Yokai too, I always forget there's a parry so I never used.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Somewhat glad they brought back the stance switching pulse after dash. Before it was just a passive skill automatically given to you as you start the game on the very first demo. it wasn't in the beta at all but now you actually have to buy it from Hi, Mid, Low tree row section on Last Trial. It's what I used to kill Tachibana and Ogress before bare handed. If you lower Tachibana's stamina you can do a high stance triangle > Lai strike R1+Circle > Impale ground > Low stance X jump attack.

EDIT: There's a combo he does within the 2 minute line that I use.

Lol nah I still get wrecked. When I first started (this demo too) I was dying a lot because I'm running in there blindly and see new enemies (black water blob?) and I'm falling in lake water and shit rofl.

LOL dude same shit happened to me! First time I loaded up the new demo.

The part where the boulder goes down and kills all those zombies.

Freaking died 5 times because the character kept falling into the water whenever I tried to collect loot!

NinjaRayMan

Where did you guys find the Ninja gear/outfit?
DestructionBomb, your barehanded video was amazing. I never could beat Tachibana for some reason despite doing it in the beta. I couldnt figure out the dodge timing on that charge move he spams.
Besides Ki pulse, what is the best setup to make your stamina last longer? I noticed in the all these highlight vids people's stamina is barely going down even when they were running. Felt like I couldnt block/dodge or run with losing 75% of my Ki.
Happy to see this game has its own sub thread now. Thanks!

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Which one was that?
It was an ability that made you sheathe your weapon automatically upon a successful ki pulse. The animation created a kind of white phasing effect, similar to the after-images of the flying swallow.
Where did you guys find the Ninja gear/outfit?
Twilight Mission.
Besides Ki pulse, what is the best setup to make your stamina last longer? I noticed in the all these highlight vids people's stamina is barely going down even when they were running. Felt like I couldnt block/dodge or run with losing 75% of my Ki.
Upgrade the "Heart" stat when you level up. There are also some items, skills, and spirits that grant you ki boosts.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
What @Brute is talking about is the instant iai charge. It was the last in that tree, I think. Instead of having to charge up the iai slash normally, you could get it instantly with the skill by doing a stance switch to it (with a proper ki pulse as he already mentioned). It was actually pretty broken and will likely still be in the game. We just had a bunch of the tree blocked off by needed 'Other Training' which I'm nearly positive comes from NPCs like Muramasa in the game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD