Nioh General Discussion

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
So...my game glitched really bad

I died during a realtime cutscene - game hard crashed me back to OS - now I can't go back to the boss -.-

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So im on the mission "The Defiled Castle" and its level 87 and i am only level 71. Can somebody please tell me how they farmed amrita to catch up in levels at this point in the game?

There 'was' a possibility for immense grinding where you are at. From what I heard, they recently patched the infinite living weapon+talisman glitch that allows you to stay in the form becoming immortal. People were able to spam the Phoenix spirit+Low level Kusari-gama while enabling the talisman that grants you Amrita every time you land a strike. The Phoenix spirit gains 20%-30% Amrita returns for killing while in form along with that Sake Amrita drink with the more you kill on enemies. Basically the player was able to net well over 500k in a few minutes and then another 500k for a whole mil in literally minutes.

However, like everyone else here mentioned, grinding some levels isn't exactly needed since the stats increase is pretty minor and most of them are pretty much point perks to hold the special effects on your weapon/armor. I beat Defiled Castle that was 12 levels higher than me when I did it. I had doubts and worries that I might not be able to complete it or die quite a bit, but then on my first attempt I noticed it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

So...my game glitched really bad

I died during a realtime cutscene - game hard crashed me back to OS - now I can't go back to the boss -.-

Oh man, I think I know why the door is closed on you too. When you beat the boss, the door to return back to the shrine remains shut (basically the door behind you when the battle is over), and then there is a new shrine ahead of you at that point. You were suppose to start off at the same room the boss was in, but instead you glitched and returned to the shrine before the battle while the game thinks you are in the room still.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
So, the only thing standing between me and the Platinum trophy is the "Regular Smith Customer" (Made a Total of 60 Requests at the Blacksmith).

Any tips on how to speed up this process? I currently have about 40/60.

just_me

Standard Donor
Any tips on how to speed up this process? I currently have about 40/60.

Make sure you've exhausted all dialog of both Tome and Muramasa, picking the correct option every time yields around 20 points in total.
Otherwise just kill every player Revenant you come across for the divines in Way of the Strong and sell some of the base 150 gear. Just make sure you are ~10 Levels lower than most of the other Players so the Revenants drop more gear. You can also farm “A request from Ginchiyo”, especially if you do not have a Yasakani Magatama. I think Revenant killing is more convenient though, since you make at least some progress while doing so.

If you plan to finish Way of the Strong and you upgrade your gear every now and then, it's gonna happen eventually, so I wouldn't bother too much.
Making a +10 divine is pretty expensive and time consuming afterall. I got my Platinum without any farming whatsoever.

Brute

Standard Donor
I've been breaking apart all the mystic loot I find for Divine Fragments. Better to just sell them?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Make sure you've exhausted all dialog of both Tome and Muramasa, picking the correct option every time yields around 20 points in total.
Otherwise just kill every player Revenant you come across for the divines in Way of the Strong and sell some of the base 150 gear. Just make sure you are ~10 Levels lower than most of the other Players so the Revenants drop more gear. You can also farm “A request from Ginchiyo”, especially if you do not have a Yasakani Magatama. I think Revenant killing is more convenient though, since you make at least some progress while doing so.

If you plan to finish Way of the Strong and you upgrade your gear every now and then, it's gonna happen eventually, so I wouldn't bother too much.
Making a +10 divine is pretty expensive and time consuming afterall. I got my Platinum without any farming whatsoever.

Is +10 the maximum bonus offset for a weapon? I'm around +8/+9 from last I played. Won't be around the game much for 1-2 days.

just_me

Standard Donor
I've been breaking apart all the mystic loot I find for Divine Fragments. Better to just sell them?

Well if you want patronage points, you have to spend a lot of money at the blacksmith and selling divines is one of the best ways to make money. Unless you want to reroll a lot of stats you won't need that many Divine Fragments anyway… if you sit at 300+ Fragments there is no reason not to sell gear.

Is +10 the maximum bonus offset for a weapon? I'm around +8/+9 from last I played. Won't be around the game much for 1-2 days.

Yes +10 seems to be the max. I'm at +8 my main weapon (and +4/5 for the rest I guess) and have another +7, +6 and +5 sitting around… so almost at +9 which means I'm almost half way to +10. It's pretty tedious imo. They obviously implemented this so end game players have a gear/money sink, but I think they should have capped the item level and 150 and balance NG+ around that…

There are also 320(+10) weapons and those are obviously too OP
Dual boss fight in 10 secs…

Brute

Standard Donor
Well if you want patronage points, you have to spend a lot of money at the blacksmith and selling divines is one of the best ways to make money. Unless you want to reroll a lot of stats you won't need that many Divine Fragments anyway… if you sit at 300+ Fragments there is no reason not to sell gear.
I've been trying to reroll for a Close Combat Life Recovery stat for ages. Never works.

There are also 320(+10) weapons and those are obviously too OP
I've only found Lvl 150 weapons. Where are there higher ones?

just_me

Standard Donor
There is a (really) low chance to craft/find a weapon with a level equivalent to the highest Mission Level you cleared. The highest Mission Level is 320, so the current max gear Lvl is 320 as well. I've read you have to clear the Epilogue to unlock this feature. Some say it's a bug, but probably just some sort of Easter Egg for people who already did everything.

Brute

Standard Donor
Weird. I agree they should have capped the endgame equipment at 150.

BTW, is there a difficulty after Way of the Strong, or are Samurai/Strong the only two difficulties, currently?

Sotherius

Ok, so i've been playing in quite a rush, to get as much new content as possible, and i'm just glad about this thing here

The fact that Muramasa in NiOH is the same as NG muramasa is so good. Now, i know this is just a basic easter egg, and not actual confirmation that NiOH happens in the ngverse, and i doubt it is, because it is something from koei's president creation, and i'm not sure if he is fine to mix his creation with TN series in this way, but it works and blends so well, and besides, i always thought of Muramasa as this immortal always old type of character.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm now routinely getting killed by a boss once before I beat them. I'm in the fourth region now. I quite enjoyed the pipe smoking boss.

Still haven't used Sloth on a boss.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
the way i'm progressing, i'm a very adept user of omnyo stuff, and i'm not using the sloth talisman either, i just like to mess around elements and buffs.
I've used it on normal enemies and it's just insanely good. I don't want to say overpowered, since that's pretty much the point of bringing magic to a sword fight in my opinion, but it is a little too much of an edge. No real challenge.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
There are a lot of abilities and passive bonuses that make the sloth talisman insignificant.

Shit that'll bring down almost any enemy and bosses down in seconds/almost unlimited spirit guardian etc...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD