Nioh General Discussion

Leifang

There’s something that bothers me. On Nioh 2 co-op section. I don’t understand why certain people would join, to only lone wolf. I can’t help them, if they run off too far and put themselves in a heated situation. Especially if I’m aiding someone else at that moment. I don’t understand that mentality.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
There’s something that bothers me. On Nioh 2 co-op section. I don’t understand why certain people would join, to only lone wolf. I can’t help them, if they run off too far and put themselves in a heated situation. Especially if I’m aiding someone else at that moment. I don’t understand that mentality.

Some players generally get cocky or speedrunners. There's a lot of people that want the mission reward, I usually let them die.

Especially using cups, they get more reward out of it, but they end up dying in the process so I know what you mean. It's people who are in a rush usually. I haven't coop'd in a good while, but I ran into a few people who are in a rush while i'm trying to farm Amrita to speed up the death process of Yokai, but they end up proceeding so I end up kicking them out in the public Torii gate.

Leifang

Some players generally get cocky or speedrunners. There's a lot of people that want the mission reward, I usually let them die.

Especially using cups, they get more reward out of it, but they end up dying in the process so I know what you mean. It's people who are in a rush usually. I haven't coop'd in a good while, but I ran into a few people who are in a rush while i'm trying to farm Amrita to speed up the death process of Yokai, but they end up proceeding so I end up kicking them out in the public Torii gate.
If these folks feel cocky or want to run like the wind, there’s a solo mode for that.
I love co-op, accomplishing mission with anyone always makes me happy. It’s just unfortunate a lot of others don’t feel the same. If I was your team. I would definitely stick with you and farm Yokai together. Thanks for the feedback. ❤️

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I won’t pay for Plus so no coop.

just finished my first play through tonight and had a great time with most of it. TN not putting in dual boss fights is a godsend because they break the intricate balance of combat in bad ways. For proof, see just the one that made it in as an optional dual boss fight towards the end of the story missions. The camera breaks, enemies attack you through each other, it’s trash.

Soul cores and burst counters made the game for me. Beautiful upgrade to the combat that just feels good. The actual upgrade trees are good too but they could use some better visual cues as to which nodes do what. Spinning around the tree looking for mystic arts is annoying for some.

The last mission should’ve been the Cherry Blossom Viewing in Daigo mission, though. Those of you that finished will probably agree. Final boss was kinda lackluster and there were no stakes to the fight from a story perspective. The ‘stages’ before it and after Daigo were throwaway too. The final stage using a prior stage on top of it all for a good chunk didn’t help.

Overall I was really happy with it. Solid 9/10. DLC needs to include a Hayabusa mission again to get back to a 10 for me.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Glad you enjoyed it. I just got to the 'Dream' Region and I am thoroughly enjoying my experience. Unfortunately it's one of those months where I can't juggle all of the games I want to play. Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing, Nioh 2 and Final Fantasy VII tomorrow. Good time to be a gamer.

Brute

Standard Donor
The last mission should’ve been the Cherry Blossom Viewing in Daigo mission, though. Those of you that finished will probably agree. Final boss was kinda lackluster and there were no stakes to the fight from a story perspective.
Kinda, but..
I'm really glad we're in post-Nioh 1 time now for the DLC content, and getting some closure for William/Okatsu/Hanzo was actually more meaningful to me than any of Nioh 2's story beats with its own characters.
Also, Cherry Blossom Viewing in Daigo just felt like a way lamer version of The Demon King Revealed from the first game, so that would've been a pretty underwhelming way to cap off the base game, IMO. Not that Okatemaru was any better, but meh...

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It just got worse, is all. Not saying it was amazing but it was at least more epic than what followed to some degree.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
There are 20 core missions and many more side missions, some of which use maps from the first game so you never really see the same area too many times. Makes the last story mission a bit disappointing. But the game has tons of content. Fantastic title.

Probably waiting til DLC to jump back in. I’m already level 120 or so and don’t want to steamroll the DLC content by overleveling and kitting out with fully perfected Divine equipment.

Brute

Standard Donor
So, I've only gotten a few Fabled Umbracite in my entire time playing Nioh 2 (third rarity of umbracite used for tempering).

Does anyone know the best way to farm these? I know you can forge them, but that process takes... a while.

Last edited:

Leifang

What scroll do I need to use, to comeback to life? I saw someone else do it. The blue eyes samurai is destroying me lol. He breaks my defense like glass. Keep in mind, I’m very noob in Nioh universe.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
What scroll do I need to use, to comeback to life? I saw someone else do it. The blue eyes samurai is destroying me lol. He breaks my defense like glass. Keep in mind, I’m very noob in Nioh universe.
You don’t need it. It’s one of the last ninpo abilities I believe. Substitution scroll. Might be onmyo. But honestly you’re respecting him way too much. He’s barely better than any other human revenant you’ve fought. Make him whiff, attack to try to deplete his ki, and go to town. Very, very easy fight. And you don’t have to do as much damage as it looks like you do. Whole fight took me about thirty seconds on my first try.

@Brute no clue. Not gonna bother much with forging until the DLC with Hayabusa armor hits. They’ll just keep dropping new sets and since that’ll definitely be coming, I’m not burning resources now to min max my way to a build that helps me beat current content faster.

Did some digging because boredom.You need to play coop and it can drop from bosses. Vids I’ve found primarily focus on the golden castle since there are so many bosses available. That’s kinda shitty. I play exclusively solo. Welp, guess I’m not forging anything high end since you need divine umbracite too. Dumb design.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Quick Change Scroll.

@Brute no clue. Not gonna bother much with forging until the DLC with Hayabusa armor hits. They’ll just keep dropping new sets and since that’ll definitely be coming, I’m not burning resources now to min max my way to a build that helps me beat current content faster.

Did some digging because boredom.You need to play coop and it can drop from bosses. Vids I’ve found primarily focus on the golden castle since there are so many bosses available. That’s kinda shitty. I play exclusively solo. Welp, guess I’m not forging anything high end since you need divine umbracite too. Dumb design.
I've actually done a fair amount of co-op (after completing all the normal content solo, obviously), and still haven't been getting them. Odd economy they've set up, there. Wonder if it'll change significantly with the DLC.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Not gonna bother much with forging until the DLC with Hayabusa armor hits.

Oh shit, is Hayabusa stuff coming back? was really hoping it would. But something more out of it too:

1) A mission of some kind or a story out of it, even if it's short.
2) Weapons from previous NGs. TDS obviously, Dabi etc.

Leifang

You don’t need it. It’s one of the last ninpo abilities I believe. Substitution scroll. Might be onmyo. But honestly you’re respecting him way too much. He’s barely better than any other human revenant you’ve fought. Make him whiff, attack to try to deplete his ki, and go to town. Very, very easy fight. And you don’t have to do as much damage as it looks like you do. Whole fight took me about thirty seconds on my first try.

Thanks for the tip ❤️. When I’m blocking, his attacks breaks my guard too easy. That’s the problem. Did you use a long rang weapon against him? I use the dual sword.
Quick Change Scroll.
I've actually done a fair amount of co-op (after completing all the normal content solo, obviously), and still haven't been getting them. Odd economy they've set up, there. Wonder if it'll change significantly with the DLC.
Thanks ❤️

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I rushed him down with sword, actually. Seriously you’re giving him too much credit. Interrupt his slower attacks. If you’re letting his attacks hit your guard, you’re being too defensive. Either run out of range and then in when he whiffs (he swings at air constantly) or dodge past him and smack his back.

Brute

Standard Donor
It's worth noting that your strategy against human enemies is going to change dramatically depending on whether or not you are able to spec past their toughness. If you're able to stagger a human enemy with your attacks, most of them are a breeze. If they can tank through all your offense, suddenly they're spookier than any yokai. It's one of those moments where the RPG elements of Nioh kinda loom over the action game elements.

If you're having trouble with him, simply sprint out of range and wait until he runs out of Living Weapon, or even more conservatively, just wait until he switches off the spear and goes back to the sword. The katana is so fucking weak in this game there is no reason to respect it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD