Nothing is Guaranteed, Everything is Permitted - Hayate Combo Thread

TakedaZX

Sup guys? I've been out for awhile but I'm coming back in. As you know, Hayate lost a lot of combo potential between DOA5 and 5U and even with the combos left over, they're consistently been dropping his numbers. I still decided to suck it up and find out what's up for his combos. Granted I get the help of a certain person, I may do a combo written and video combo guide for you guys.

This will help you find out the true potential of Hayate, rather than having you guys walk in the dark.

Ciao.

tekkin88

I have had terrible luck finding a good PL combo but I think I've figured out some good stuff!
In open space: PL ~ :4::4::K::K: ~ :3_::P::P: ~ :P::P::6::P::K: (requires some timing to land :4::4::K::K:)
PL ~ :P:(whiff) ~ :4::K::6::K: ~ :6::6::K::K::K: (you can sub in :P::P::6::P::K: if you're up against the wall)

Also for those who are confused as to what to do after getting the rebound from :3::P::P: instead of the sitdown stun, you can do :6::P+K::K: ~ :7::K:

NinjaDon

Sup guys? I've been out for awhile but I'm coming back in. As you know, Hayate lost a lot of combo potential between DOA5 and 5U and even with the combos left over, they're consistently been dropping his numbers. I still decided to suck it up and find out what's up for his combos. Granted I get the help of a certain person, I may do a combo written and video combo guide for you guys.

This will help you find out the true potential of Hayate, rather than having you guys walk in the dark.

Ciao.
Yes, a new Hayate Guide! Thank you Wind Gods! I'm looking forward to it!
btw, Is your youtube still InfernoZX5?

TakedaZX

Yes, a new Hayate Guide! Thank you Wind Gods! I'm looking forward to it!
btw, Is your youtube still InfernoZX5?
Yea. I'm gunna probably purchase a capture card with my next pay check and start there. Then I'll put out what I found. There's not many well organized combo guides out there for characters in DOA. I'll try my best to keep mine straight.

EvilJun

hey 3p stuns on crouching opponents now, when did they change this?

I guess that's a buff even though it should've been like that from the beginning..lol

Lulu

So I updated to LR and all my data for command training was reset.....
I get half way through Hayate's commands and then I see 41236T 46 82 T 1919 3737 T...... :eek:
When did Hayate get an Izuna and why is it so damn hard ? :(

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
So I updated to LR and all my data for command training was reset.....
I get half way through Hayate's commands and then I see 41236T 46 82 T 1919 3737 T...... :eek:
When did Hayate get an Izuna and why is it so damn hard ? :(
Are you talking about the Raijin? Yeah, that's the bane of most Hayate mains existence. The first two parts are usually the easiest, but the last part is particularly difficult for those who use a controller instead of an arcade stick. I was able to complete his command training a long time ago on the PS3, but luckily, that data transferred over and I got to keep the title and Hayate system voice. Lol

Lulu

Are you talking about the Raijin? Yeah, that's the bane of most Hayate mains existence. The first two parts are usually the easiest, but the last part is particularly difficult for those who use a controller instead of an arcade stick. I was able to complete his command training a long time ago on the PS3, but luckily, that data transferred over and I got to keep the title and Hayate system voice. Lol

LoL I managed to do the 2nd Part aswell..... but thats it... Usually I eventually come back and try to execute difficult moves but that Raijin has gone way too far...... I'm going to treat that command Just like Akira's 1 Frame Launcher..... I'l just pretend it doesn't exist.
Raijin who ? Sorry.... never heard of it. ;)

KING JAIMY

I think the hardest part about Raijin is getting the timing down, not the exact inputs. There is some room for error; usually you are allowed to have about four or five incorrect inputs in the last part of his Raijin.

After reading these tips from others, I managed to do Raijin more consistently. Note that the first tip is about reacting visually, whereas the second tip is about reacting auditorily. Hope this helps.

‘’Without delay, I immediately enter the second portion of the throw after completing the half-circle. It may be helpful to think of it as one complete motion instead of two separate ones. Do it quickly and you can establish a sort of rhythm to it. The third part is where it gets a little tricky. I don't have the exact timing down yet, but it was later than I expected it to be. You should start inputting the last part of the throw after he reaches the apex of the throw (when Hayate becomes visible on-screen), just right as he meets them in the air and starts to strike them.’’

‘’Basically for the last input 9 1 7 3, you have to input it when Hayate teleports in the air and you hear him do a grunt (the first kick). If you are having trouble pulling it off I highly recommend using the analog stick for the 9 1 7 3, it makes it so much easier.’’

TheDragonAwakens

I just noticed that some of Hayate;s throw combos in this thread can't be used anymore in his current version. However, I did find an alternative throw combo when it is performed at the wall::426::H+P: :~: :4::K::6::K: :~: :9::P: :~: :3::3::K::K:. Does 72 points of damage without including wall damage, 2 points more than Nakiryu itself. However, timing is a little strict and the 33KK may sometimes whiff on mid weights mostly.

x Sypher x

I just noticed that some of Hayate;s throw combos in this thread can't be used anymore in his current version. However, I did find an alternative throw combo when it is performed at the wall::426::H+P: :~: :4::K::6::K: :~: :9::P: :~: :3::3::K::K:. Does 72 points of damage without including wall damage, 2 points more than Nakiryu itself. However, timing is a little strict and the 33KK may sometimes whiff on mid weights mostly.

I think you can also do :426::H+P::~::9::P::~::4::K::6::K::~::P::P::6::P::K:. It's been a while so I'll have to double check.

x Sypher x

Just to add some new finding for our fellow Mugen Tenshin clan members.
On the stage the danger zone, after knocking off the first stage
  • Whiff 7p, 6k, 8p, pp2kp

I found one too but it's a little tricky. After knocking off the first stage:
:4::4::K::K:, :3_::P:, :6::6::K::K::K:.
It's the most damaging combo I've discovered so far and it pushes you off the 2nd stage too. The hard part is actually landing :4::4::K:, so I add :6::6::P: in front of it with a slight delay in between to help me with the timing.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Idk if any of you are familiar with that debris tech thing Master and DB had found a couple months ago but this is just some things i found playing around with the scramble one. The PB into wall hazard and the PL ones were my favorites out of what I found from the debris guarantees

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD